GDT: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals Game 1: Your New Jersey Devils (WC2) @ Tampa Bay Lightning (1E)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Let's go Devils! Nearly six years is long time. Playoffs are back!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wish I could be there tonight, but it's probably not enough time to leave work early and get to Downtown Tampa in time for puck drop. I'm pretty frickin sick too.

Will be watching from home and at game 2 on Saturday afternoon.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not to take anything away from Tampa, but they were 31st in strength of schedule this year. That means they had the easiest schedule of any team in the league this year. Perhaps it's slightly skewed since when you have the best record in the East/second best in the league, almost every team you face has fewer points than you do. We were 23rd in strength of schedule, so it's not like we had a tough one either, but Tampa also got to play teams like Ottawa, Buffalo, Montreal, Detroit all those times. And I think they played most of their games against Florida when they were still in the basement and before they went on that run. The last place team in the Metro (Rangers) finished with 4 more points than the 5th place team in the Atlantic.

I guess what I'm trying to say is while I see them as a legit cup contender and threat, they don't scare me as much as they probably should.

Last edited:
Reactions: New Jersey

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Can't they reunite McDonagh-Girardi for old time's sake? ;)

11086689-large.jpg

Take a guess who is who!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->