Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The Rangers will not look past the Caps. Caps will play hard but the Rangers are better in every aspect. Having Lavy as coach is another advantage in this series. Getting Chytil back would also be a big plus. Rangers in 5, maybe 6.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
The Rangers will not look past the Caps. Caps will play hard but the Rangers are better in every aspect. Having Lavy as coach is another advantage in this series. Getting Chytil back would also be a big plus. Rangers in 5, maybe 6.

il_fullxfull.2737219948_s38x.jpg

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Yeah Ovi's number are brutal. 4th most points and 0,96 PPG in the playoff since he entered the league with only Crosby, Malkin and Kucherov ahead in points.

Ovi have produced around the same point numbers as Kane (0,97 PPG) in around the same number of games(More goals). Kane played on a way better Chicago team than the teams Ovi played on.

Caps problem have never been Ovechkin. In the 14 times Ovi have been to the playoff he have been 1st on the team in points 9 times. Second 3 times and 5th and 6th placement (Happens when you get knocked out in the 1st round that you wont have a great series).

Just look at Crosby's recent playoffs aswell. 21/22 was good with 10 points in 6 games, but before that 2 in 6, 3 in 4 and 1 in 4.
Dont try and bring facts into a feelings based discussion!

Reactions: Portable Mink

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Rags fans are right to be cocky here. I can't ever remember an 8 seed ever upsetting heavily favored 1 seed.

Except last year. And twice in 2019. 2017 also. 2012. 2010, 2009, 2006, 2002, 2000, eight different times in the 90s, and a few more times before that.

So yeah, this is going to be impossible.

You're not wrong but I think people are reacting to the Caps goal differential and talent more than anything. People consider the Caps one of the weaker 8 seeds in recent memory. For example last year people keep bringing up Florida but they were probably one of the stronger 8 seeds to make it, though the Rangers are obviously not last year's Bruins. Same with the 2012 LA Kings. That said the style of play of the Caps and their goaltender plus our unimpressive season series against the Caps has me concerned.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Well... Between NY and DC we have some of the best around. 6 games maybe 7 if Caps win the OT game;)
Your avatar is absolutely amazing.

And as a guy from Jersey, who has engaged in cannabis tourism all over the country, the scene in DC f***in slaps. Especially if you like edibles, it is the best for that.

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Rangers got in trouble when Devils decided to stop playing the Rangers game and utilized their significant speed advantage. Caps don't have that luxury.
Rangers got away from thier game. It was shown in all the Rangers wins and the Carolina series that if the space was taken away the Devils couldn't adapt. They gave up 5 goals on average in every loss. Carolina never wavered from thier disciplned game the Rangers did and it was Gallants job to do something and he didnt.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
The Caps are +18000 to win the Cup. The Islanders have the next lowest odds at +5500.

The Rangers are at +800. They are 22.5 times (18000/800) more likely to win the Cup than their opponent.

The Canes are +650. This is about 8.5 times the Islanders odds.

If the Rangers lose this series they need to make huge, massive changes all throughout the lineup.

Ranger fans are understandably never a confident bunch but this is seriously the best possible draw they could have asked for.
Caps winning is not likely given the rangers season but wonder what the odds were for caps habs in 9 or 10

I would like some of the stuff that people who voted caps in 4 are smoking. Must be some good shit.
Voting with heart otherwise why be a fan. Brain knows the likely outcome

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Chytil apparently coming back should boost the Rangers even more right?
He has been practicing in full for about a week or so now, but according to all warmups today he is not getting first runs with the lines. I expect he is held out. He could come back later on in the series if it gets that far a change is needed, but I assume they would prefer to try to hold him out till round 2, assuming the series win.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
President's Trophy is a curse. That said, and what a few others mentioned already, that there are worse match ups in the East that would lead me thinking 4 games and out, but figure the caps will over perform and get at least get two wins. PPs in the playoffs generally not as much a factor as the regular season. OT hockey can be a coin flip if the games start getting there.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Caps lost Jensen and Sandin in the last few games of the season. Hopefully they will be back soon. Alexeyev have had to play 20 min+ after that and done quite well. While Iorio and McIlrath will be the bottom pairing. Caps play a pretty solid defensive game, but will probably need those guys back quite soon.

Caps will need to keep the scoring low as they usually dont put up a lot of goals. NYR have the third ranked PP this season while Caps is far down the list, but its more even that it looks as Caps PP have been the best in the league since february. The bigger difference is probably in PK as NYR are around the top in the leauge also there so special teams should favour NYR.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I feel like non-Rangers fans have more faith in this series being non-competitive than me. The Caps have the goaltending and grinding style to drive the Rangers crazy. You guys remember how the 09 series when the series was supposed to be not close in the other direction. It went 7 and the Caps were down 3-1.

It would be a total, complete failure if the Rangers don’t win this fairly easily

Washington is at the end of their run where the wheels are falling off, where as this Rangers team is in it’s prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad