Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Wilson actually plays a decent amount of minutes though, I don't see him matching up with Rempe a whole lot but you never know. Only takes one shift i guess

McIlrath has had to sub in with a few injuries on defense for the caps. He'd be the one to fight him, if anything. Those two actually had a decent fight last year in a Hershey/Hartford game

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
As a Ranger fan living in DC, I’ll have to kill myself if they lose this series.

But I would have had to kill myself even harder had it been the Penguins because there seem to be more Pittsburgh fans here than Caps fans.

If the Rangers are ever going to win again this is the year they do it.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
That’s their listing when they were drafted. Rempe said two months ago that he’s 6’8.5.
So 3-4 cm is a major difference then? Still dont think Oleksiak are any smaller in weight (probably bigger). Ao pretty much the same size.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Rags can't linger around with the Caps in this series but historically they've let bad teams stay around them in long series, gotta end this in 5 and have your feet up for the Carolina/Isles series which is gonna be a bloodbath physically if they have true cup aspirations.

Rangers in 5.

I think Rempe is going to be needed when Tom Wilson is on the ice.

Lmao, Tom Wilson is a top 6 good hockey player besides the antics. Rempe has yet to prove that

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
hey, we made the playoffs!

1713421420275.png

this series could be ugly and we might have blown a lot of our reserves actually getting to this thing, but hey it's professional sport you never know and this group will definitely try

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Not expecting the Caps to win this series but I'm just hoping they play a hard heavy physical game and wear the Rangers out for the winner of the Isles/Canes series.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I fear Mcilrath. This is not a story I need in my life

Had no idea he was still playing. I guess he deserves some appreciation for perseverance if nothing else. And 100+ penalty minutes the past two seasons in the AHL isn't an easy way to make a living. Not sure there are a lot of former 1st round picks willing to do that.

If I'm not mistaken, Hershey won the Calder Cup last year.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
With Sandin and Jensen out the Caps basically played four defensemen against the Flyers Monday night.

Any news on whether they will be back?

As a Ranger fan living in DC, I’ll have to kill myself if they lose this series.

But I would have had to kill myself even harder had it been the Penguins because there seem to be more Pittsburgh fans here than Caps fans.

If the Rangers are ever going to win again this is the year they do it.

If history is any indication, another Cup in 2048 seems likely. Once every 54 years.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I kind of expect the Caps are going to do what they can to make this series a bunch of low scoring games.....try to get a lead and then sit back in the neutral zone and hope for counterattacks once in a while. Clog up the neutral and their defensive zone as much as possible and circle the wagons around their goalie. They should probably stay away from giving the Rangers too many power plays.

On paper the Rangers have better goaltending, a better defense and a more lethal bunch of forwards. What could go wrong? but we all know that lesser teams sometimes knock off better teams......maybe not all that often but it seems to happen at least a couple times every year.

I can't say I'm a great fan of how the Caps are constructed. Maybe they have one upset here in them but I just can't see them getting through more than one round. They're not a legit contender.....not that I think that's news to many people. They do have some nice young players but apart from maybe Leonard I don't really look at any of them as truly top end. They do have 7 guys who have won Cups but some of their older guys are showing real signs of decline and for many of their younger players this will be their first NHL playoffs go around. Ovechkin has had a really good second half but Strome is a step down from their heyday of Backstrom/Kuznetsov. It's scoring by committee after that.

As for the Rangers they will have to take the Caps seriously. Lindgren and Kuemper are a very good goaltending tandem. I expect the Caps to back check hard which will make things easier on their goalies and D. IMO the Rangers should have beaten the Devils last year. They couldn't solve Schmid who is a lesser goaltender than the Caps guys. The Rangers best players did not play to their skill levels and abilities. They'll need to this year if they're going to get past this series and beyond.

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
Rangers should certainly be favored by a decent margin but damn, it’s like people in this thread have never watched playoff hockey before. Favorites struggle all the time against underdogs who play defensively and muddy the game up. And the Caps certainly have a goaltender in the form to warrant at least a second glance at this series.

As many times as the Caps ran into a goaltender hitting god mode in the playoffs they’d certainly be due for one of their own.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
As a caps fan, I hope the rangers play rempe a lot. He's not good at hockey.
As a Caps fan .. I find myself rooting for Rempe to establish himself and have a 10 year career.

I have a soft spot for young tough guys trying to make their mark in the league. Trent Frederic has made it and I dont think anything was easy or gifted to him. Harder for them competing for minutes against fellow young players who can skate fast.

If you were a fan of a young Wilson .. you gotta be a fan of Rempe.

Reactions: HolyHagelin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad