Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I picked Rangers in 5 but to be honest after seeing the Panthers beat Boston last season, anything can happen, those Caps have NOTHING to lose and Rangers better take them seriously.

Reactions: kicksavedave

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
Rangers should win this rather easily. However I’ve got a weird feeling about this Capitals team. They are giving me some 2021 Canadiens vibes. I think this could be closer than people think.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rangers should win this rather easily. However I’ve got a weird feeling about this Capitals team. They are giving me some 2021 Canadiens vibes. I think this could be closer than people think.
they're a mediocre team trying to hope they get good goalie play and play a shot blocking clog the middle low event game to make up for not having as much talent as other teams.

It can work sometimes but the Rangers shouldn't lose this unless they get off their game, get frustrated, try to play pond hockey to create offense instead of being patient, etc.

e: I should say, this is basically the formula for every team now that lacks the high end talent to be a contender. This is why there aren't necessarily any easy games in the NHL anymore. Playing disciplined defensive hockey and getting decent goaltending can frustrate even the best teams at times. But the good teams can overcome it and that's why you very rarely see a team like that go far in the playoffs if they sneak in

Reactions: ecemleafs

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Let me add, that if I were the Caps coach and Tom Wilson, I'd steer clear of Rempe.

Not out of fear, that's a silly idea.

Wilson is more important to the Caps than Rempe is to the Rangers.

Matching 5's is a huge win for the NYR'S even if Rempe loses a fight.

Wilson shouldn't waste his time dropping the mitts
He won't drop the mitts with Rempe for other reasons, fear being one of the bigger ones. He's more likely to go after a smaller player that he can try to "eliminate" from the series.

• Haha
Reactions: Neil Racki

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
I was hoping the Rangers would do a massive celebration for the President's Trophy because there's no way this dogcrap team can make it past CAR if they're lucky enough to somehow beat WAS. Winning that was our Stanley Cup, let's be honest.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
This will be one of the biggest upsets of all time if the Caps are able to win, so I'm rooting for them and the awful hockey they play

Reactions: usiel and Olliemets

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
Rangers are good at putting no name goalies on the map, also dont like to play less than 7 games.

I picked Rangers in 5 which really means a coin toss in a game 7 OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad