Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
Rangers in 6. I do not think it will be as easy of a fight as most people think though. Washington will win a few games.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Thinking it's Wilson vs. Rempe is kind of silly. Wilson hasn't fought much this season as he's too important to be fighting 4th liners.

It's going to be McIlrath on that role. He seems eager to go every game he gets a sweater. Just everyone seem afraid to go with him. We'll see if Rempe wants another go with him.
Rempe and McIlrath have fought in the AHL at least once:

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I hate this way of thinking. Ovie has a great shot and he can beat a goalie. The shot is hard and fast. But if you put players on his hip you expose your else to higher danger areas of point blank shots. That's a recipe for disaster and I'd imagine the Caps would take that all day long. Forget the regular seasons. These teams always play each other close in the playoffs. I expect nothing different here.
I would love for them to overplay Ovechkin. At this point in this career he is not beating people 1v1. But he does have deceptively good vision and he will find the open guys if you overcommit his way.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I’m just shocked WSH is even in the playoffs. They are semi-rebuilding and just sold at the deadline.

Lavvy meets his former team, to then meet his former, former, former team (I think I got that right).

Reactions: Neil Racki

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I watched way too many President Trophy Caps teams fall apart to vastly inferior match ups to ever think there’s such thing as a “sure thing” in the playoffs.

I also think the Caps do play a game rather suited for the playoffs. That and house money, we’ll seeeeee…

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Everything just tastes better when drinking from this glass, AKA the Wilson Cup!

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5479.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5479.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 1

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
This upset is going to be huge. Huge.

Caps in 7. Ovie is going to make it all the way to the conference final.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I don't see any funny business happening until if/when a game gets out of hand.
Or when Rempe elbows Oshie or someone in the head.

Wilson is neutered now for the most part
Rempe is like a young Wilson

Both tier 2 fighters w Rempe having huge size/reach advantage. Is what it is .. Im sure Rempe and Wilson/mcIlrath will go at some point. I just hope the guys focus on playing hockey first .. the rough stuff and payback for the payback will come organically

if Im the Rangers .. I would prefer keeping the series as clean as possible as they have playoff aspirations

Caps are playing w house money and this series IS their playoffs.

Jensen was stretchered off the ice vs TB and it fired up the Caps, they had like 60 hits that game, Dowd beat the shit out of the dude that hit Jensen

Caps arent "villians" anymore but they still got some bite

Will be interesting to see if the Caps lure Leonard out of BC as a black ace
We could really use Jensen and Sandin back

The Hershey Bears d tandem of Iorio/Mcilrath is not ideal. They played well for this spot duty but the clock will strike midnight.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Thinking it's Wilson vs. Rempe is kind of silly. Wilson hasn't fought much this season as he's too important to be fighting 4th liners.

It's going to be McIlrath on that role. He seems eager to go every game he gets a sweater. Just everyone seem afraid to go with him. We'll see if Rempe wants another go with him.
Playoffs don't see many fights usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad