Series Talk: ECQF: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals (NYR Lead 3-0)

What is your prediction of the result of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
If the goal differential between the 2 teams is roughly + 90 for the Rangers (53+37) over 82 games, that is only +4.4ish over 5 games. So, let's say Capitals in 5. My math could be a bit off.

Rangers win game 1 9-1 and HF goes crazy about the brooms and then the Caps win games 2-5 1-0 each game. Sound fair?
Caps -37 goal differential is the worst in the salary cap era https://x.com/hayyyshayyy/status/1780428512555336029

With that, the +90 goal differential between the two teams is probably also the record

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
Also expect the Wilson / Rempe shit to be talked about and pushed ad naseum, and nothing to come of it except a few scrums… or it’s going to be a f***ing bloodbath.
I believe there won't be too much blood. Both teams know that their opponent can score on the PP.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
As a wings fan, congrats to the capitals but seriously.

Torts pulling the goalie with 3 mins left in a TIE game and basically GIVING you guys the game. I understand the flyers had to win in regulation but I mean come on. I’ll move on but it’s just so wrong how everything played out.
Flyers were trying to advance a non regulation win was useless to them the amount of time is suspect but the goal isn't. They honestly didn't care about Detroit. Nor should they have

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The best thing to happen to the Rangers is 6 days of rest and practice.

NYR can be a stingy bunch and with this time off, reset in that area and also get healthy.

Additionally, both Shesterkin and Quick will have copious time with Benoit Allaire to sharpen up.

AO may be an old lion, but those guys are still dangerous and this will not be as easy as some NYR fans believe or want it to be.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Let me add, that if I were the Caps coach and Tom Wilson, I'd steer clear of Rempe.

Not out of fear, that's a silly idea.

Wilson is more important to the Caps than Rempe is to the Rangers.

Matching 5's is a huge win for the NYR'S even if Rempe loses a fight.

Wilson shouldn't waste his time dropping the mitts

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Caps making the playoffs is amazing. People were hell bent on parroting a narrative that it was all about ovechkins goals and them no longer playing to win. Can't say that BS anymore.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
If Wilson is gunna waste his time fighting a useless 4th liner, hopefully it's at least after ragdolling Panarin again

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I could see this series turning into a shitshow. WIth Wilson, Rempe et al. we might see another '02 Iles vs Leafs or '12 Flyers vs Pens, both of which Laviolette coached in.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
as a caps fan i voted 4-1 nyr
i would like to be wrong but dont really care because i still remember 17/18 so im not frustrated enough. in a 10-15 years its a different story

Reactions: Captain Lindy

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I could see this series turning into a shitshow. WIth Wilson, Rempe et al. we might see another '02 Iles vs Leafs or '12 Flyers vs Pens, both of which Laviolette coached in.
The Rangers have nothing comparable to Steve Webb. That guy was a menace during the home games. They’re more like the Leafs with the antics Corson, Tucker and Roberts tried to pull.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Thinking it's Wilson vs. Rempe is kind of silly. Wilson hasn't fought much this season as he's too important to be fighting 4th liners.

It's going to be McIlrath on that role. He seems eager to go every game he gets a sweater. Just everyone seem afraid to go with him. We'll see if Rempe wants another go with him.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Capitals get obliterated in 4 while Ovi’s playoff numbers get even more sub-par as he goes 1G (PP), 1A, -8 over those games.
Yeah Ovi's number are brutal. 4th most points and 0,96 PPG in the playoff since he entered the league with only Crosby, Malkin and Kucherov ahead in points.

Ovi have produced around the same point numbers as Kane (0,97 PPG) in around the same number of games(More goals). Kane played on a way better Chicago team than the teams Ovi played on.

Caps problem have never been Ovechkin. In the 14 times Ovi have been to the playoff he have been 1st on the team in points 9 times. Second 3 times and 5th and 6th placement (Happens when you get knocked out in the 1st round that you wont have a great series).

Just look at Crosby's recent playoffs aswell. 21/22 was good with 10 points in 6 games, but before that 2 in 6, 3 in 4 and 1 in 4.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
Just happy my Caps made it. Faced so much adversity this year and never folded, as easy as that could have been. Looking forward to a fun series!

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
The best thing to happen to the Rangers is 6 days of rest and practice.

NYR can be a stingy bunch and with this time off, reset in that area and also get healthy.

Additionally, both Shesterkin and Quick will have copious time with Benoit Allaire to sharpen up.

AO may be an old lion, but those guys are still dangerous and this will not be as easy as some NYR fans believe or want it to be.
Speaking as a member of the fanbase, I don’t think any NYR fan thinks this will be easy. Rangers haven’t had an easy series since like the 90s. Every opponent plays their best hockey in Madison Square Garden.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Rangers in 7. These teams split their season series, with each winning their 2 home games. What's more, they had the exact same GF/GA on the season, 9 and 9. So I'll give the series based on the home ice advantages.

If I'm a Caps fan, which I am, I have a little optimism because all four of the games between them were before Ovie went on his goal scoring binge for the year, their last game being Jan 14 (which he didn't play in).

Also if I'm a Caps fan, which I am, I'm worried about the injuries to their D right now, with Jensen and Sandin out. They may have to play McIlrath, Johansen, Alexeyev, and/or Iorio for more minutes than they would like.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Both are measured to 6'7 by NHL at least and even if thats wrong Oleksiak is still just as heavy (More weight according to NHL).
Rempe says he’s 6’8.5” and Matt Martin did say he had longer reach than Chara (and Martin was teammates with Chara so I don’t think he would’ve just said that to compliment Rempe if it weren’t true lol)

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
We meet again... time to staple three players to Ovi's hip at all times.
I hate this way of thinking. Ovie has a great shot and he can beat a goalie. The shot is hard and fast. But if you put players on his hip you expose yourself to higher danger areas of point blank shots. That's a recipe for disaster and I'd imagine the Caps would take that all day long. Forget the regular seasons. These teams always play each other close in the playoffs. I expect nothing different here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad