Series Talk: ECQF: Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (FLA leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Lightning in 4

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Lightning in 5

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Lightning in 6

Votes: 71 10.7%
  • Lightning in 7

Votes: 133 20.1%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 27 4.1%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 89 13.4%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 204 30.8%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 122 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
Lomberg, Tkachuk, Cousins and Bennett are gonna attempt murder probably 6 times each and probably injure half the Lightning lineup by game 3 alone. The Lightning used to be by far the nastiest team in the league but all the dogs are gone now.
agreed that Cats are the nastier boiz on the whole, but Paul/Jeannot/Eyssimont are fairly scummy and oh yeah Kuch the dirtiest superstar in the league.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
In 2021 and '22, the Panthers opened up at home against the Lightning, and both times they dropped both games to begin the series.

Game 1 on the road is awesome. Chance to grab control nice and early. I think if I'm being honest that Florida must be considered decently sized favorites in this series, but I also said the exact same thing in 2022 with the expectation that Brayden Point was gonna miss time, and we saw what happened there.

I'm just disappointed I'm not in Hungary. I was there in 2022 for all four games of that series. Good ju-ju and all that stuff.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Not too often is there such an even matchup in round 1. These teams look near identical on-paper.

Went with Florida in 6. I think they're hungry while Tampa is tired. Plus I voted a bit with my heart.

• Love
Reactions: Laus723

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Everything to me depends on how Florida is playing defensively. Up until a few weeks ago, I would have had no doubt Florida would play strong defense. Now I'm not sure. If they leave Bob out to dry, it could a very tough series, with the edge to Tampa.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
In 2021 and '22, the Panthers opened up at home against the Lightning, and both times they dropped both games to begin the series.

Game 1 on the road is awesome. Chance to grab control nice and early. I think if I'm being honest that Florida must be considered decently sized favorites in this series, but I also said the exact same thing in 2022 with the expectation that Brayden Point was gonna miss time, and we saw what happened there.

I'm just disappointed I'm not in Hungary. I was there in 2022 for all four games of that series. Good ju-ju and all that stuff.
I'm actually a huge fan of starting out on the road. You basically just need to grab 1 game to come back home feeling confident.

Game 7 on the road, obviously, is a downside of this.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Best series of the first round, could really go either way, probably 7. I have the Panthers with the edge, so them in 7

Reactions: Laus723

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
agreed that Cats are the nastier boiz on the whole, but Paul/Jeannot/Eyssimont are fairly scummy and oh yeah Kuch the dirtiest superstar in the league.
Ehhhh I disagree with Paul and Ace but you're spot on about Kucherov. Dude is Marchand bad sometimes. If Sergachev was available I'd feel just a little better. He mixes it up a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad