Series Talk: ECQF: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders (CAR Leads 3-1)

CAR vs NYI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Freddie Vs Varlomov

Trying to figure out this goalie advantage the Isles supposably have

I see posters saying this over and over yet I don't quite understand we're they are getting it from....

Frederick Anderson has been better than Varlomov this season.... last season In the playoffs he posted a .927% and 1.83 GAA pretty much identical to his stats this season...

If he's available to play he's elite for us.

Kochetkov has had a much better season than Sorokin and he's also capable of stealing games.

ANTI RAANTA who is in the AHL is single handily dragging down the Canes overall goal tending numbers this season won't see the ice unless we lose two goalies....

I mean you basically hit the nail on the head yourself with Andersen. "if he's available to play". Is not always a given. His durability and dependability health-wise is an unknown factor.

And the other alternative is a 24 year old with limited NHL experience, and very limited playoff experience (with bunk results - though from before he was ready). Again, total unknown how he'll fare if asked to carry the load in the playoffs, where things can often change dramatically from regular season results.

It's just an unknown with multiple factors potentially up in the air. Simple as that. Which is why it gets brought up a lot. Not a certainty that it'll be terrible by any means...but also not a certainty that it'll be rock solid either. If the Isles somehow triumph in this series, i think there's a very strong chance that shaky goaltending (or just losing the goaltending battle to Sorokin) is the main culprit.

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
I mean you basically hit the nail on the head yourself with Andersen. "if he's available to play". Is not always a given. His durability and dependability health-wise is an unknown factor.

And the other alternative is a 24 year old with limited NHL experience, and very limited playoff experience (with bunk results - though from before he was ready). Again, total unknown how he'll fare if asked to carry the load in the playoffs, where things can often change dramatically from regular season results.

It's just an unknown with multiple factors potentially up in the air. Simple as that. Which is why it gets brought up a lot. Not a certainty that it'll be terrible by any means...but also not a certainty that it'll be rock solid either. If the Isles somehow triumph in this series, i think there's a very strong chance that shaky goaltending (or just losing the goaltending battle to Sorokin) is the main culprit.

Freddie is fully healthy the Isles counting on him to be injured isn't likely.
Freddie Is who they will get and going on his playoffs with the Canes they will be facing a .928 1.7 gaa goalie....

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
As much as I enjoyed these last few weeks of the season out PK is just horrendous, I think it can be competitive if they come back to the UBS with a split in Raleigh (Canes tend to struggle away from home in the playoffs)

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
its Bless your heart, if you're going to try to mock us, at least get it right.

We're from NY. A "Bless You" might as well be rolling out the red carpet and lying down in puddles for you. Now you ask for THREE words of kindness?

Don't expect too much.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I hate both teams. I just don't see how the Isles win this though. Carolina is simply better top to bottom and that was before Guentzel. Canes in 5, max 6.
Islanders have won 6 playoff series in recent years. All of them against better teams top to bottom.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Do they still have the same coach and plodding, defense only style as those years? It was a miserable experience but worked.
Screenshot_20240418-205200_Chrome.jpg
This was after the coaching change and your slow plodding teams was no longer.

Reactions: IronCladCane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad