Series Talk: ECQF: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders (CAR Leads 3-1)

CAR vs NYI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
the biggest question is in net because even though Koochie and Andersen look a lot better now, they still do not come close to how Varlamov played so far this season and Sorokin's ability to recoup some of last years talent.

This season Anderson is 13-2 with a 1.84 gaa and .932 save% and 3 shutouts in his last 8.

I don't know how well Varlamov has played so far this season, but I'm guessing that comes a little close.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Not that it means anything, but we actually did well against them this regular season, bafflingly enough. Think we won 3/4 and the loss was in OT(shocker...not).

Still, we don't have near the firepower for this fight. Already having visions of Guentzel, Aho, et al. abusing Bortuzzo or Aho or whomever is in the lineup if Dobson can't go. Burns usually torches us as well.

Ah well, still fun to make it, hopefully we can make it a series.
Actually they won one in regulation and one in OT. And lost one in regulation and one in OT.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I almost picked Canes in 5 because surely the Isles are good enough to not get swept, right?

Canes are just too damn good though. I voted sweep

Reactions: IronCladCane

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Canes are just in the way of a long anticipated subway series between arch rivals NYR versus NYI. That's what everyone wants to see. That's what the league wants. So Canes should just get out of the way and disappear already. Eh?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Expecting 4-0 to the good guys
jarvy.jpg

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
On paper, this looks like one of the more lopsided matchups on the slate. Which means that in reality, it'll probably be an absolute barn burner and probably the most exciting back and forth contested series to watch.

Sorokin has had a down season, but he's also still got the potential to turn it on, stand on his head and steal games as a real X-Factor. Especially compared to Carolina's goaltending, which is a bit of an unknown and potential achilles heel going in.

Horvat also showed briefly that he has another gear that he can potentially get to in the playoffs and really take a team on his back, score timely key momentum shifting goals, etc.

You've also got the Isles coming in scrapping and clawing their way to that wildcard spot, whereas Carolina have been cruising more for a while now...even if they've got that line firing on all cylinders, there might be a little bit of an intensity difference out of the gates.

So it has some potential to turn into that much better series than it looks at first glance.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Play in round can f*** off. You had 82games to make it. I’m good with the 1-8.
Ironically, if we did 1-8 with the current standings, guess what the new matchups would be in the east?

Exactly the same. I agree though,I liked 1-8 better. Get rid of loser points too. A loss is a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad