Series Talk: ECQF: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders (CAR Leads 3-1)

CAR vs NYI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The most interesting thing about this series to me is that the teams have played twice before and CAR won both, but the Isles were coached by Trotz/Lambert and now things have changed. Under Roy, the Isles have been much more up tempo and have improved in their puck movement and breakouts. So I'll be curious to see if that has an impact.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Islanders are going into this red hot but I think they lack the offensive depth that the Hurricanes have. Still hope they win for the lolz.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Hope the Isles win but what (most likely) will happen is the Isles will lose in 6 but there will be a game or two in OT we lose, coupled with one or two PK's that doom us.

GIves Lou an excuse to say that "we almost took it", run it back while trading our 1st round pick.

Next year, older but make a push for the playoffs after a mediocre season.

Sweet, sweet Lou the seer.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Isles won 8 of their last 11. Coming in hot. Canes have so much depth and firepower on both ends. Isles 2-1-1 on the season vs the Canes. Hope the series goes the distance. Canes in 7

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Look at all of these first round series match ups. We've seen all of these matchups with the same teams involved so many times. 1-8 format Gary, wake up

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Look at all of these first round series match ups. We've seen all of these matchups with the same teams involved so many times. 1-8 format Gary, wake up
I agree. Let’s let the Sabres, Flyers and Jackets in. They can replace the Rangers, Canes and Leafs.

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
1-8 would still be Canes v Isles

But yea the divisional format sucks

This season Anderson is 13-2 with a 1.84 gaa and .932 save% and 3 shutouts in his last 8.

I don't know how well Varlamov has played so far this season, but I'm guessing that comes a little

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
Freddie Vs Varlomov

Trying to figure out this goalie advantage the Isles supposably have!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418_101136_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_101136_Chrome.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240418_101155_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_101155_Chrome.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 2

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
Freddie Vs Varlomov

Trying to figure out this goalie advantage the Isles supposably have
On paper, this looks like one of the more lopsided matchups on the slate. Which means that in reality, it'll probably be an absolute barn burner and probably the most exciting back and forth contested series to watch.

Sorokin has had a down season, but he's also still got the potential to turn it on, stand on his head and steal games as a real X-Factor. Especially compared to Carolina's goaltending, which is a bit of an unknown and potential achilles heel going in.

Horvat also showed briefly that he has another gear that he can potentially get to in the playoffs and really take a team on his back, score timely key momentum shifting goals, etc.

You've also got the Isles coming in scrapping and clawing their way to that wildcard spot, whereas Carolina have been cruising more for a while now...even if they've got that line firing on all cylinders, there might be a little bit of an intensity difference out of the gates.

So it has some potential to turn into that much better series than it looks at first glance.
I see posters saying this over and over yet I don't quite understand we're they are getting it from....

Frederick Anderson has been better than Varlomov this season.... last season In the playoffs he posted a .927% and 1.83 GAA pretty much identical to his stats this season...

If he's available to play he's elite for us.

Kochetkov has had a much better season than Sorokin and he's also capable of stealing games.

ANTI RAANTA who is in the AHL is single handily dragging down the Canes overall goal tending numbers this season won't see the ice unless we lose two goalies....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Canes are the better team but Isles are scrappy. I’m going with an upset in this one. Isles in 7.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Both Islanders and Hurricanes coming in hot. Wonder if Islanders are strong enough to keep going, but gut feel is Hurricanes are going to take this.

I mean, they are the better team.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
the islanders are coming in feeling it, so i think they will put up a good fight here. still would pick the canes though to prevail.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I look forward to being upset at the refs, and how many Carolina fans boo Martin and Clutterbuck for a standard check

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Islanders are frauds. They would have been better off in the long run if they missed the playoffs rather than playing an extra 4-5 games. I think Isles get lucky in 1 game, and the Hurricanes steam roll them throughout the series.

Reactions: IronCladCane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad