Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.3%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 20.5%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 441 29.4%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 258 17.2%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 191 12.7%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 151 10.1%

• Total voters

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Bruins are the more experienced team, been the better team for several years both in the regular season and playoffs, and the Leafs haven't beaten them in an alarmingly long time. Bruins are the clear heavy favorite.

Especially if it doesn't go to 7 games, it is an all time choke job. Not like Tampa vs CBJ bad but pretty bad. Worse than Bruins vs Flyers loss for sure.

Bruins experience vs Toronto experience is not likely a factor in this one. At best the teams are quite similar in that department.

Neutral fans still believe these Bruins to be an aggressive, bullying, experienced roster which has not been the case in 5 years!

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
that’s the same Marner that’s 20th in active player, playoff points per game, correct?

Such a conflict of interest. I have no idea how that’s even remotely ok for Macauley to ref their games

It's allowed because it's the NHL. It's a niche product similar to UFC. It's run with by a decaying relic Soviet-Style apparatus. Hell, the fact that the game is reffed and changes during playoffs tell you all you need to know. Win or lose, it's comically inconsistent bordering on "if it is reffed different, isn't it rigged"? How does one answer that question?

Reactions: OddyOh

The90

Feb 27, 2017
It's allowed because it's the NHL. It's a niche product similar to UFC. It's run with by a decaying relic Soviet-Style apparatus. Hell, the fact that the game is reffed and changes during playoffs tell you all you need to know. Win or lose, it's comically inconsistent bordering on "if it is reffed different, isn't it rigged"? How does one answer that question?
I agree. Really bizarre. What irks me most is there’s no accountability.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Bruins fans don’t want Lee either.
You know that schmuck will be alternating between the 2 Atlantic series. Pissing all off along the way. So I guess it evens it all out? Maybe it all comes down to the rankings on his hated teams list :huh:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Hubris is a strong word and I hope the Bruins don't have the same attitude as Bruins fans. Should be a great series. Could go either way.

Reactions: Ladyfan

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Voted Leafs in 5 but now that everyone in the media is favouring the Leafs and making Boston the underdogs in this series I’m starting to wonder…

Reactions: Porkleaker

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Leafs are the better team with inferior goaltending which will be the difference.

Samsonov is trash
Bostons goalies are elite

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think the home vs road matchups are going to be super interesting. Boston used to be able to just split Bergeron and Chara and match one against Matthews and one against Tavares. Now I’m going to bet at home they make a Lindholm/McAvoy super pairing and split them up on the road. Not the same thing.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Matthews is unstoppable right now. What game plan do the Bruins have defending against him and the Core 4?

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Because it often doesn't correlate with playoffs? For example, Vegas went 1-2-1 against the Oilers and 0-1-2 against the Stars last year and took both series in 6 games en route to a Cup. Also the last two-game set Leafs played against the Bruins they started Woll for both games who just returned from a high ankle sprain that caused him to miss 3+ months, plus the team was ravaged by the flu / injuries. It's a long season with a lot of noise and variance, teams aren't always playing up to their best especially with games spread out over the year.
You have to use the evidence that’s available, there’s not much evidence to back up the leafs are suddenly going to flip a switch and erase their struggles against the bruins from this year.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Leafs are the better team with inferior goaltending which will be the difference.

Samsonov is trash
thats why boston allowed 4 goal+ in 7 of their last 14 playoff game with your elite goaltender.

ulmarj/swayman is reason #1 why boston lost in 1st round 2 year in a row. When pressure becoming high, they become trash.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Why break tradition? Leafs fans and media think they're going to the cup and will somehow be shocked and severely disappointed as always.
Do you ever get tired of repeating the same bullshit as an Oilers fan and being obsessed with our team and complaining non-stop that people won't stop talking about them but then you do the same shit? Seeing pages and pages of Oilers fans on their own board going on and on about how happy they were that Matthews missed the 70 milestone and how the Leafs are a garbage team because of the last four games comes across as incredibly embarrassing and quite frankly lacking self awareness big time. When McDavid hit 100 assists it was barely discussed on the Leafs board and if it was it was simply congratulatory. You and your buddy Kerberos even voted on our forum predictions poll for the Bruins winning.

I genuinely don't understand what's wrong with Oilers fans and why you care so much about Toronto, it's bizarre. Outside of when we play you guys, I couldn't give less of a f*** about the Oilers or the city of Edmonton. Btw, what you said is just straight up wrong as most media, Toronto or not, favour the Bruins as do the betting odds. Our own fans are quite conservative in their takes as well and most see it as a coin flip series.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Absolutely no one forced Kadri to crosscheck someone in the face
Remember when Chara crosschecked Gallagher, a man a full foot shorter than him, in the face and even mocked him for snapping his head back, and not even getting a penalty for it? I sure do!

Reactions: authentic

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible

Samsonov is trash

Do you ever get tired of repeating the same bullshit as an Oilers fan and being obsessed with our team and complaining non-stop that people won't stop talking about them but then you do the same shit? Seeing pages and pages of Oilers fans on their own board going on and on about how happy they were that Matthews missed the 70 milestone and how the Leafs are a garbage team because of the last four games comes across as incredibly embarrassing and quite frankly lacking self awareness big time. When McDavid hit 100 assists it was barely discussed on the Leafs board and if it was it was simply congratulatory. You and your buddy Kerberos even voted on our forum predictions poll for the Bruins winning.

I genuinely don't understand what's wrong with Oilers fans and why you care so much about Toronto, it's bizarre. Outside of when we play you guys, I couldn't give less of a f*** about the Oilers or the city of Edmonton. Btw, what you said is just straight up wrong as most media, Toronto or not, favour the Bruins as do the betting odds. Our own fans are quite conservative in their takes as well and most see it as a coin flip series.
tldr go Bruins!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad