Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.4%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 301 20.4%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 434 29.4%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 257 17.4%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 39 2.6%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 193 13.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 139 9.4%

• Total voters

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
I got Boston in 5. Toronto's defence and goaltending are a huge question mark. Both Samsonov and Woll have been crapping the bed as of late and Lyubushkin is playing with Rielly. Don't think I've seen a full 60mins from Toronto all year. Don't see that changing anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong but thats what I seen.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Boston won the season series 4-0 and were able to shutdown the Leafs offense to just 7 goals in 4 games. If this continues then it will be a short series.

Reactions: StumpyTown

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Boston won the season series 4-0 and were able to shutdown the Leafs offense to just 7 goals in 4 games. If this continues then it will be a short series.
There are countless examples of a regular season series win meaning jack shit come playoff time. Hell I am pretty sure in some of the previous loses to the Bruins we owned the regular season series. Didn’t seem to help us win the series lol.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Toronto was 3-0-1 against the Panthers last years and got dismantled by them in round 2. Regular season to me anyways plays very little into the series.

Anyways, happy this is a series. The Atlantic division has two good rival series to look forward too.

This one is a coinflip that I can easily see going to 7 games.

Reactions: 3blizzard4

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Game 1 is going to be very interesting and telling. Gotta see how the Leafs goaltending holds up.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
There are countless examples of a regular season series win meaning jack shit come playoff time. Hell I am pretty sure in some of the previous loses to the Bruins we owned the regular season series. Didn’t seem to help us win the series lol.
I always think of 2001 with the Leafs and Senators when I hear stuff like this. Ottawa went 5-0 against Toronto that year and owned them. In the playoffs the Leafs swept ottawa 4-0 and the Sens only scored 3 goals in 4 games. You just never know.....

Goom 35

May 16, 2009
There’s no question the Leafs goaltending is trash.

The real question is how the Bruins goalies play, which has been uneven in the last few post seasons. If they perform even close to how they do in the regular season, the Leafs have absolutely no chance.

All the pressure is on Toronto’s core four, and they will fold…again.

Bruins in 6.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
There’s no question the Leafs goaltending is trash.

The real question is how the Bruins goalies play, which has been uneven in the last few post seasons. If they play even close to how they perform in the regular season, the Leafs have absolutely no chance.

All the pressure is on Toronto’s core four, and they will fold…again.

Bruins in 6.

This is pretty much it right here. If bruins get half way decent goaltending it should be an easy win.

If Ullmark continues his sub .900 SV% for a third straight year then it gets dicey

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I hope Leafs win because Bruins' tanking to face Leafs instead of Tampa was pretty disgusting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad