Eastern Conference Power Rankings Position 9

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Rank what will be the best team in the Eastern Conference. You can choose to pick what team you think will win the East and be in the SCF, OR what team you think will finish 1st overall at the end of the regular season, use whatever criteria you think is most applicable.

Here are the current Division setups:

Atlantic Division
Florida Panthers
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs

Metropolitan Division
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Washington Capitals

Here are the current results of our polls

Atlantic Division
Boston Bruins (60.53%)
Tampa Bay Lightning (76.00%)
Montreal Canadiens (38.03%)
Detroit Red Wings (43.24%)
-
-
-
-

Metropolitan Division
Pittsburgh Penguins (58.54%)
New York Rangers (73.91%)
Columbus Blue Jackets (47.62%)
Philadelphia Flyers (48.78%)
-
-
-
-

Here are the current Eastern Conference Playoff Rankings:

Boston Bruins
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Rangers
Tampa Bay Lightning
Montreal Canadiens
Columbus Blue Jackets
Detroit Red Wings
Philadelphia Flyers
-------------------------------------------
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Playoff Matchups:
Boston Bruins VS Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins VS Detroit Red Wings
New York Rangers VS Columbus Blue Jackets
Tampa Bay Lightning VS Montreal Canadiens

Poll to come shortly....

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Went with the Caps here. Even though I think the Orpik and, to a lesser extent, the Niskanen contracts are terrible long-term, they should get a boost this season. Whether that's enough to make the playoffs, who knows. That's why I have them 9th.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Went with the Caps here. Even though I think the Orpik and, to a lesser extent, the Niskanen contracts are terrible long-term, they should get a boost this season. Whether that's enough to make the playoffs, who knows. That's why I have them 9th.

The most important thing the Capitals did was behind the bench. I think there's a decent possibility that team is going to finish ahead of the Rangers.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The most important thing the Capitals did was behind the bench. I think there's a decent possibility that team is going to finish ahead of the Rangers.

Nope.

Trotz may be the best since BB, but it's not going to make them good enough to suddenly win more games than the Rangers, who will most likely contend with Pitt for the division title.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Nope.

Trotz may be the best since BB, but it's not going to make them good enough to suddenly win more games than the Rangers, who will most likely contend with Pitt for the division title.

I'm saying that I think it's possible that the Caps compete for the division title too. Trotz is a top-5 coach in the league, as far as I'm concerned. The problems that the Caps have had over the last few years have led to people underestimating their roster. It's a combination that could easily lead to them surprising a lot of people. A highly motivated Capitals team is nothing to shrug off.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'm saying that I think it's possible that the Caps compete for the division title too. Trotz is a top-5 coach in the league, as far as I'm concerned. The problems that the Caps have had over the last few years have led to people underestimating their roster. It's a combination that could easily lead to them surprising a lot of people. A highly motivated Capitals team is nothing to shrug off.

i dunno, every coach they seem to get is going to turn things around. I think their D & goaltending is still suspect.

They are also VERY top heavy. shut down AO & Backstrom and they really dont have much else. assuming Kuznetsov isnt the next coming of AO....which could be a bad assumption.

either way, i think they are a good team, and should challenge for a playoff spot, but i think they still fall short.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
i dunno, every coach they seem to get is going to turn things around. I think their D & goaltending is still suspect.

They are also VERY top heavy. shut down AO & Backstrom and they really dont have much else. assuming Kuznetsov isnt the next coming of AO....which could be a bad assumption.

either way, i think they are a good team, and should challenge for a playoff spot, but i think they still fall short.
I also think Grabovski is an underrated loss.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Anything is possible, however unlikely.

I don't see the Caps making the playoffs, personally.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Gunna say caps.

If not, then Debbies.

If Not those two, then either Ottowa, Carolina, or Florida. Toronto still has the hole known as david clarkson, and buffalo is still a basement dweller. Sens are also unimpressive.

SupersonicMonkey*

Those would be good 1st round playoff matchups. Nothing boring about them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad