Eastern Conference Power Rankings Position 5

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I hate the flyers as much as the next guy... but why are they getting no respect?

Well, no Timonen for starters. Don't think that highly of them headed into next year. Mason was pretty good last year, not sure how he'll handle a worse defense in front of him this year. Also, Hartnell to Umberger is a downgrade.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Waste of money. They are a borderline playoff team at best.

If they won even half their shootouts, they make the playoffs in a Metro spot last season. The only real significant piece they lost was Fayne and they added Cammalleri while giving Schneider the majority of the starts next season. That team was weighed down by giving Brodeur half the starts last season and having unbelievably bad luck in the shootout and was still in striking distance of the playoffs.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If they won even half their shootouts, they make the playoffs in a Metro spot last season. The only real significant piece they lost was Fayne and they added Cammalleri while giving Schneider the majority of the starts next season. That team was weighed down by giving Brodeur half the starts last season and having unbelievably bad luck in the shootout and was still in striking distance of the playoffs.

The thing is though... when you have a team where the majority of your main components are under 30, being a year older is a good thing. When you have a team where the majority of your main components are over 30, being a year older is a bad thing. That only real significant piece they lost was their 2nd best defenseman, too. At this point, I'm never surprised to see the Devils successful, because there's some magic dust in the Jersey water, but I'm skeptical to say the least.

Went with Columbus here. Another year of growth for them. Also, I think the Capitals are primed for a very surprising season to a lot of people.

Last edited:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
The thing is though... when you have a team where the majority of your main components are under 30, being a year older is a good thing. When you have a team where the majority of your main components are over 30, being a year older is a bad thing. That only real significant piece they lost was their 2nd best defenseman, too. At this point, I'm never surprised to see the Devils successful, because there's some magic dust in the Jersey water, but I'm skeptical to say the least.

Went with Columbus here. Another year of growth for them. Also, I think the Capitals are primed for a very surprising season to a lot of people.
yeah i agree...when an old team gets collectively older..thats not a good thing. they dont have any young help coming either. it seems like Detroit, an old team, always seems to add a young piece to keep their flow of youth coming in. i just cant remember the last major piece the devils have added....Henrique?

Nyrvana

Aug 29, 2008
Bronx, NY
www.nyrvana.net
Really don't see Columbus taking a step forward this year. I'm just not buying their team. I also am unsure of Montreal.

Flyers
Devils
Canadiens
Mapleleafs

would round out my top 8.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Really don't see Columbus taking a step forward this year. I'm just not buying their team. I also am unsure of Montreal.

Flyers
Devils
Canadiens
Mapleleafs

would round out my top 8.
Yeah, I think Montreal is overrated. I placed a bet on them missing the playoffs.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Detroit played majority of their last season without 3 - 4 of their top 6 forwards. I'd take them before CBJ.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Habs, they're deep down the middle, decent centers, decent blueline, and a solid goalie. Add to it, they've got plenty of talented youth and they're solid.

Jackets are a good middle pack team too, IMO, goaltending puts Montreal over them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad