Eastern Conference Power Rankings Position 3

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I've been doing this for like 5+ years now, so let's get this party started.

Rank what will be the best team in the Eastern Conference. You can choose to pick what team you think will win the East and be in the SCF, OR what team you think will finish 1st overall at the end of the regular season, use whatever criteria you think is most applicable.

Here are the current Division setups:

Atlantic Division
Florida Panthers
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs

Metropolitan Division
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Washington Capitals

Here are the current results of our polls

Atlantic Division
Boston Bruins (60.53%)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Metropolitan Division
Pittsburgh Penguins (58.54%)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Here are the current Eastern Conference Playoff Rankings:
Boston Bruins
Pittsburgh Penguins
-
-
-
-
-
-
-------------------------------------------
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Playoff Matchups:
Boston Bruins VS Worst Wild Card Team (8)
Pittsburgh Penguins VS 2nd Worst Wild Card Team (7)
Metropolitan Division #2 VS Metropolitan Division #3
Atlantic Division #2 VS Atlantic Division #3

Poll to come shortly....

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Im not going to pick against the defending Eastern Conference Champs 3 times in a row.

Its the Rangers here.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I picked Tampa, because I really do think they're a better team on paper. The Rangers may very well end up in this slot, though.

Regardless 3/4 is TBL/NYR in some combination.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It should have been the Rangers at 2. It's not even all about the regular season. Pittsburgh could finish ahead in the standings. I'd still rather go into the playoffs with the group the Rangers have now than the group the Penguins have.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Rangers here. At worst, I think they're the same as last year: if Lombardi can handle NHL duty we have a very good bottom six. Our first line, believe it or not, is also very good, and it is definitely possible that Steps and Kreider will keep improving. It's all about offsetting the loss of Stralman. If Hank can play better than he did in the 1st 3 months of the season, then i'm a little less worried about that.

We'll see. The Metro will be tight this year.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Most of the questions for the rangers for me are on offense (as usual), and though we lost stralman, a defense consisting of girardi, mcdonagh, staal, klein, Lundqvist and Talbot are not going to be easy to score against suddenly. I like Tampa a lot too, but I don't think their defense matches ours and they've got at least as many question marks as us with such a young roster.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Canadian media blows up Crosby and the Penguins and the Habs too...anybody who watches hockey knew those two teams would be fodder for the Rangers last year and likely will be again this season . Our biggest opponent will be our own Stanley Cup Final appearance hangover . Hopefully we start stronger than last season and hopefully our PP is better with the additions of Boyle and a full season of MSL and the continued emergence of Ryan M. It will be a fun season to be a Ranger fan....hopefully...;)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
People are so afraid to be homers. Rangers will win the Metro.

We might not win the Metropolitan division but I'd rather have our team as currently constructed over the Penguins as currently constructed going into the playoffs.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Going with Pitt on this one, but voted Rangers since Pitt is already up for 2nd ... though Rangers at 2 and pitt at 3 is completely feasible.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I think Tampa, on paper, is neck and neck with Boston for best in the east. I'd put the Rangers slightly behind them, and Pittsburgh slightly behind us. Since Pittsburgh was already chosen, I still think Tampa is the strongest choice here. I think we're a better playoff team, however.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
In the 1st round, we all saw what Tampa looked like without Bishop winning games by himself.

stack on top of that the fact that Bishop isn't "great", he's just big...

I don't feel like I'm watching Tuukka Rask, Johnathan Quick, or Henrik Lundqvist, hell even Seymon Valamov when I'm watching Ben Bishop... He's nowhere NEAR the level of athleticism these other top notch goalies have

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
stack on top of that the fact that Bishop isn't "great", he's just big...

I don't feel like I'm watching Tuukka Rask, Johnathan Quick, or Henrik Lundqvist, hell even Seymon Valamov when I'm watching Ben Bishop... He's nowhere NEAR the level of athleticism these other top notch goalies have

hes a pretty good goalie...being big can offset that kind of athleticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad