Eastern Conference Playoff Teams Set?

1 Timer

Aug 23, 2009
Howell, NJ
Looking at the top 8 I don't see any team outside knocking teams out of the top 8. Of coarse positions will move but useless the Panthers go on an incredible run the teams we have now at the beginning of February will be the teams we see in April.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It only takes a bad 5 game stretch from one of the playoff teams for the wildcard race to become very interesting again. Still a lot of hockey to be played. Keep in mind that Florida has 2 games in hand compared to Washington and 3 games in hand compared to Boston and Pittsburgh.

penguins2946*

My guess:

1. NYI (2nd overall in conference)
2. Pens
3. NYR
4. Caps (top wildcard spot)

1. Habs (top seed)
2. Wings
3. Bolts
4. Bruins (2nd wildcard spot)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Florida is closer than they look. They are 7 points back but have 3 games in hand on the Bruins. They're the only two teams that can (realistically) swap though.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Philly is going to go on a run...much to my dislike. But they will fall short.
They are not good enough on the road to make a significant push, the gap is too gross already to overcome. But yeah, it looks like they will be able to pick up some points and ruin their draft pick a bit. At least they still kinda care about winning, can´t really blame them about tanking.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Florida is closer than they look. They are 7 points back but have 3 games in hand on the Bruins. They're the only two teams that can (realistically) swap though.
Florida lost way too many winnable games at home recently and Boston is starting to heat up. It´s just a matter of time until Florida is out of it, unfortunately. Boston´s lineup is just too superior in this case.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Florida lost way too many winnable games at home recently and Boston is starting to heat up. It´s just a matter of time until Florida is out of it, unfortunately. Boston´s lineup is just too superior in this case.

Even though I am a Florida fan, I agree with this assesment.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Florida.html

Florida would have to go 20-12-4 to have a 58.6% chance at making the playoffs. With the lack of goal scoring, Gallant would have to fix the power play really quickly to give some more margin of error.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad