East vs West Midseason Update

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
Ridiculous statement. What does that even mean? Do Eastern teams stop trying to win in the postseason? They only play other Eastern teams for the most part.

There's only one East vs West playoff series per year and it's the finals. With the best two teams (LA/CHI) in the league being in the West, it's not surprising the West wins the only East vs West match up in the post season.

The West isn't "built for cups" it simply has the two best teams that are winning cups. It's funny seeing all these Western fans riding on the coattails of the Kings and Blackhawks.

:handclap: Finally someone tells it like it is. No, fan of a non-Hawks/Kings-Western team, your team is not better than every single team in the East just because the Hawks and Kings have won 2 Cups each in the past 5 years. The West didn't win the last Cup, the Kings did.

(I say this as a Hawks fan.)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Here's what I find funny. Every poster here all happy about the "Western Inferiority Complex" has an avatar of a East team. Hmmmmmm... Seems to go both ways, no?

It's really not an inferiority complex (and for the record, I never said those words). It's just pompousness. West team X > East team Y, because they play in the West. Or, "my conference won the Cup" I love that one.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
It's really not an inferiority complex (and for the record, I never said those words). It's just pompousness. West team X > East team Y, because they play in the West. Or, "my conference won the Cup" I love that one.

And I love some Eastern fans generalizing about all Western fans.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
[MOD]So much fail, bizarre logic, weird conclusions, and general knuckle dragging, its almost inspirational.

Probably not a shock then that such buffoonery is prompted by the most pointless sense of identity and self-worth possible. Seriously, you all care who's conference is better?

Last edited by a moderator:

potsos

Jan 25, 2014
Freeport, Antonica
:handclap: Finally someone tells it like it is. No, fan of a non-Hawks/Kings-Western team, your team is not better than every single team in the East just because the Hawks and Kings have won 2 Cups each in the past 5 years. The West didn't win the last Cup, the Kings did.

(I say this as a Hawks fan.)

Blues record vs East since 2009: 57-16-8.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Yowza! The East has a clear lead in white hot bitterness apparently.

I'm glad to see the East getting better, I hate seeing teams have an easy run to the cup and a garbage team like New Jersey make the finals, that was grotesque.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Point is, the Blues aren't "riding LA and CHI's coattails" against the East as someone tried to reason. They're just good. Also 22-8-4 vs BOS, MTL, TB, NYR, PIT and WAS in that same span, so not just feasting on the rest of the conference.

That's good but it doesn't make the Blues inherently better than any team in the East, which is what the whole coattails argument is about.

The Blues are good because the Blues are good, not because a team from their conference won the Cup.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That's literally what I just said.

Then there's no argument here. :laugh:

I'm just saying I don't think the "coattails" thing is directed at the Blues necessarily. It's about fans who act like their team won the Cup because another team from the West won it, and I don't recall you doing that.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Then there's no argument here. :laugh:

I'm just saying I don't think the "coattails" thing is directed at the Blues necessarily. It's about fans who act like their team won the Cup because another team from the West won it, and I don't recall you doing that.

I don't recall anyone doing that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad