East playoff race

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
1) Pitt - Manage to stay 1st despite injuries. Kind of an easy schedule rest of the way

2) Montreal - I think we ride all the way to the end and win the division. Bold prediction, knocking on wood.

3) Washington - coming on hot at the right time in a horrible division

4) Boston - I think we'll see them kind of stumble down the stretch but keep 4th place.

5) Leafs - Finally make the playoffs after what seems like years. They can play this year.

6) Islanders - I think they make a run and secure a playoff spot.

7) Philly - They've under-achieved all year (and I've loved it) but should be a playoff team.

8)Sens - Faltering right now, but manage to hang on like they have all year.

JUST MISSED:

9) Rangers - This will be a huge shocker, Torts gets fired

10)Devils - Depends on if an aging Marty can claw them back into a spot.. can't score without Kovy.

11)Winnipeg - blew it down the stretch

Leaving us with:
1) Pens vs. 8) Senators (Could be the recipe for an upset)
2) Habs vs. 7) Flyers (I hate this match-up btw)
3) Caps vs. 6) Isles (Meh)
4) Bruins vs. 5) Leafs (I love this match-up.. rivals killing each other)

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Islanders
Montreal Canadiens vs. Ottawa Senators
Washington capitals vs. New York Rangers
Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers
Montreal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins

Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers

Montreal Canadiens vs. Vancouver Canucks

Please god no. I'd rather Vancouver lose early than go through another finals loss, even if it was to my second favorite team. We've had it happen three times now, it can't happen again! :cry:

MTLSandman*

Please god no. I'd rather Vancouver lose early than go through another finals loss, even if it was to my second favorite team. We've had it happen three times now, it can't happen again! :cry:

I can see it now... Habs win, riots all over montreal. Vancouver loses, riots all over Vancouver... Giving Canada a horrible reputation from coast to coast lol

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
1) Pitt - Manage to stay 1st despite injuries. Kind of an easy schedule rest of the way

2) Montreal - I think we ride all the way to the end and win the division. Bold prediction, knocking on wood.

3) Washington - coming on hot at the right time in a horrible division

4) Boston - I think we'll see them kind of stumble down the stretch but keep 4th place.

5) Leafs - Finally make the playoffs after what seems like years. They can play this year.

6) Islanders - I think they make a run and secure a playoff spot.

7) Philly - They've under-achieved all year (and I've loved it) but should be a playoff team.

8)Sens - Faltering right now, but manage to hang on like they have all year.

JUST MISSED:

9) Rangers - This will be a huge shocker, Torts gets fired

10)Devils - Depends on if an aging Marty can claw them back into a spot.. can't score without Kovy.

11)Winnipeg - blew it down the stretch

Leaving us with:
1) Pens vs. 8) Senators (Could be the recipe for an upset)
2) Habs vs. 7) Flyers (I hate this match-up btw)
3) Caps vs. 6) Isles (Meh)
4) Bruins vs. 5) Leafs (I love this match-up.. rivals killing each other)

I just don't see how Philly can climb their way up to 7th place. The NYR have to stink it up the rest of the way. If they play for .500, the Flyers still need to bring in 15pts out of a possible 20, to surpass them.
I think the teams currently in place are gonna make it, unless injuries happen.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
1) Pens: Shaky without Sid, could slip into 2nd, but just enough in the tank to stay in 1st. Looking vulnerable in the playoffs without Sid.

2) Habs: Consistent from start to finish. Unless circumstances change, they'll end up in 2nd or 1st, depending on Pittsburgh's finish. Playoffs... so much depends on the D (Emelin? Beaulieu? Tinordi?).

3) Washington: Easily the best team in the SE. Beyond that, meh...

4) Boston: Better team than they're playing now; not as good as they were two months ago. Chemistry is tarnished. Offensive depth in trouble. So much depends on Jagr stepping up where Bergeron went down.

5) Toronto: Enough offense to keep above the rest of the pack, not enough defense and goaltending to get too far.

6) New York Rangers: Lundquist can keep them in any game when he's on. Star talent could wake up for the big games. Dark horse playoff team. Watch out.

7) New York Islanders: All that talent finally floats them into a playoff spot. Not solid enough to go far, unless they matchup well against Montreal.

8) Ottawa: Adrenaline rush is wearing off and the team is fatigued. They'll squeak into the playoffs, barely.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
1) Pens: Shaky without Sid, could slip into 2nd, but just enough in the tank to stay in 1st. Looking vulnerable in the playoffs without Sid.

2) Habs: Consistent from start to finish. Unless circumstances change, they'll end up in 2nd or 1st, depending on Pittsburgh's finish. Playoffs... so much depends on the D (Emelin? Beaulieu? Tinordi?).

3) Washington: Easily the best team in the SE. Beyond that, meh...

4) Boston: Better team than they're playing now; not as good as they were two months ago. Chemistry is tarnished. Offensive depth in trouble. So much depends on Jagr stepping up where Bergeron went down.

5) Toronto: Enough offense to keep above the rest of the pack, not enough defense and goaltending to get too far.

6) New York Rangers: Lundquist can keep them in any game when he's on. Star talent could wake up for the big games. Dark horse playoff team. Watch out.

7) New York Islanders: All that talent finally floats them into a playoff spot. Not solid enough to go far, unless they matchup well against Montreal.

8) Ottawa: Adrenaline rush is wearing off and the team is fatigued. They'll squeak into the playoffs, barely.

I'd have Ottawa 7th, but this sounds accurate.

MTL-Ottawa in the 1st round is something I wouldn't like though!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd like to see this..

Pens (1) vs. Philadelphia (8)
Montreal (2) vs. New York Rangers (7)
Washington (3) vs. Ottawa (6)
Boston (4) vs. Toronto (5)

Although it'll probably be the Islanders vs. Penguins.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I feel like the Sens are done, that the tank that kept them going despite their injuries is empty. I think tonight’s game will decide because they are playing their game in hand. If they lose this one, it’s over, Winnipeg or NJ will catch them.

As for Washington, I,m scared of them right now. What a time of the year to reach your peak, geez.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm going to go slightly off the reservation and go with:

Montreal - No key injuries and a doable schedule.
Pittsburgh - A fairly light sched against weaker teams but key injuries to Crosby & Neal
Washington - coming on strong while division rivals seem to be fading
Boston - Don't see them making a puch woth Bergeron out
Toronto - playing well and consitent for the most part. Don't see them sliding
Rangers - Just too much firepower and now with more grit. Should gain some ground
Ottawa - While everyone is waiting for them to drop, they'll hold on to a spot
Islanders - Tavares and Moulson. Nuff said

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Islanders
Montreal Canadiens vs. Ottawa Senators
Washington capitals vs. New York Rangers
Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers
Montreal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins

Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers

Montreal Canadiens vs. Vancouver Canucks

If the Habs won that last series, I would be walking outside with my Habs gear to face Canuck Nation.:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad