early top 5 mock

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
At this point last year liljegren was completing with Patrick and nobody was talking about Nico

rhef3

Jul 28, 2016
Just outside St.louis
Yea it is rather early, just a hunch we miss out on top 2 and end up drafting another player that this board won't like.

Who would you want if we were picking 3-5 if you had to pick today ?

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Yea it is rather early, just a hunch we miss out on top 2 and end up drafting another player that this board won't like.

Who would you want if we were picking 3-5 if you had to pick today ?

I've only looked at a handful of guys, fairly briefly since there's not a lot to look at. (tkachuk, Wilde, Miller, Woo, wahlstrom, merkley, boqvist)
Out of that group I'd take Wilde, he seems to have it all

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
At this point last year liljegren was completing with Patrick and nobody was talking about Nico

Are you saying that we might as well make the playoffs? Or are you saying that we should keep an eye on CHL imports to climb the ranks? Khovanov has caught my eye already and he's coming to CHL for his draft year. Veleno, Merkley, McIsaac are some of the ones that I want to keep tabs on this year. There's some Americans I don't know much about or where they're range will be. Wilde, Wise, Jenkins.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Are you saying that we might as well make the playoffs? Or are you saying that we should keep an eye on CHL imports to climb the ranks? Khovanov has caught my eye already and he's coming to CHL for his draft year. Veleno, Merkley, McIsaac are some of the ones that I want to keep tabs on this year. There's some Americans I don't know much about or where they're range will be. Wilde, Wise, Jenkins.

I'm saying that we should keep tabs on guys but making mocks right now is a waste of time.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

Lijegren was never competing with Patrick for the top pick. He was considered top 3 because of the lack of high end talent that had established itself in prior years besides for Patrick. For this upcoming draft Adam Boqvist produced at a better rate in his draft -1 year than Lijegren in his draft -1. Boqvist was also born on the last day of eligibility so he will be the youngest player in next year's draft. However, you don't hear anyone talking about Boqvist as a potential top 3 pick right now because of how well the rest of the talent has performed up to date. If we would put Lijegren's draft -1 year and compare it to this years draft he would be comparable to Merkley and Boqvist, neither of who are being talked about as top 5 right now. Not to mention you have guys like McIsaac and Wilde who he would be competing against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad