Early October List of 2014 NHL Draft Prospects

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
:NHL
I will update throughout the year as the season progresses.
2013-2014 NHL Draft Prospect Guide and Rankings

1. F Sam Reinhart Kootenay WHL
2. F Sam Bennett Kingston OHL
3. F Leon Draisaitl Prince Albert WHL
4. D Aaron Ekblad Barrie OHL
5. F William Nylander Rogle SWE
6. F Kasper Kapanen Kalpa FIN
7. F Michael Dal Colle Oshawa OHL
8. F Anton Karlsson Frolunda SWE
9. F Ivan Barbashev Moncton QMJHL
10. F Adrian Kempe Modo SWE
11. F Nick Ritchie Peterborough OHL
12. F Jared McCann Sault Ste. Marie OHL
13. F Jakub Vrana Linkoping SWE
14. D Roland McKeown Kingston OHL
15. F Brendan Perlini Niagara OHL
16. D Haydn Fleury Red Deer WHL
17. F Nick Schmaltz Green Bay USHL
18. F Jake Virtanen Calgary WHL
19. F Dylan Larkin USNTDP USHL
20. D Adam Ollas Mattsson Djurgarden SWE
21. D Brycen Martin Swift Current WHL
22. F Spencer Watson Kingston OHL
23. F Nikolay Goldobin Kingston OHL
24. F Oskar Lindblom Bryans SWE
25. F Blake Clark North Bay OHL
26. F Matthew Mistele Plymouth OHL
27. F Tyson Baillie Kelowna WHL
28. F Ryan MacInnis Kitchener OHL
29. F Brayden Point Moose Jaw WHL
30. F Josh Ho-Sang Windsor OHL

Honorable Mention:

W Brendan Lemieux Barrie OHL
C Chase DeLeo Portland WHL
W Sonny Milano USNTDP USHL
D Julius Honka Swift Current WHL
D Nikita Lyamkin Chicotoumi QMJHL
G Alex Nedeljokvic Plymouth OHL

Rising:
Brendan Perlini
Sam Bennett
Ivan Barbashev
Josh Ho-Sang
Tyson Baillie

Falling:
Matthew Mistele
Blake Clarke
Nikolay Goldobin
Jake Virtanen
Ryan MacInnis

Last edited:

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Great list! I have my own ranking too and it's very tight, some player can fall or rise more easily ... But I think youre biggest omission is Fabbri and Pastrnak.

Good job tough!

spfan

May 4, 2009
Change WHL to OHL for Ho-Sang

Ekblad at 4th? 1st or 2nd.

Kapanen better be having an incredible season to go that high. Granlund went 9th and I think he's quite a bit better than Kapanen.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site

Kapanen better be having an incredible season to go that high. Granlund went 9th and I think he's quite a bit better than Kapanen.

My rankings generally favor forwards as it is harder to find elite forwards than defenseman

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

Really comparing different draft years? Every draft has their different players and 9th drafted player in 2010 is not equal with #9 at 2014. Who knows where Granlund would go in this draft year. They are both really different players Kapanen plays high tempo hockey with elite skating and explosive accerelation, dynamic offensive game and he have been growing. He is about 6'0 now and wouldn't be suprised if he will be 6'1 at the draft vs Granlund 5'10. Granlund played more european style and liked to slow down the pace of the game. Was average at best skater at his draft year.

TSN had Kapanen at 7 or 8, Button 5th. 6th isn't out of the reach. I won't say where he will end because i lack knowledge of this draft class but Kapanen is dynamite prospect. Kapanen is black horse of the draft. If he is around 6'1 and plays well WJC's and continues impressing at FEL i think that he could go very high. I hope that flyers will draft him.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
24. F Anton Lindbolm Bryans SWE is actually:
F Oskar Lindblom Brynäs SWE I presume?

Strange that the OP made this mistake just one day after Craig Button made the same mistake on his list.

I'd like to believe this is an independent list, but since there doesn't seem to be any hockey player named Anton Lindbolm to get confused by, I have to wonder how much of this list is cut-and-paste, and whether it's just based off other people's lists.

jdan1997

Aug 22, 2012
Michael Cramarossa is worthy of honorable mention as well. Already has as many points as he did last season. Going to be a promising year.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Really comparing different draft years? Every draft has their different players and 9th drafted player in 2010 is not equal with #9 at 2014. Who knows where Granlund would go in this draft year. They are both really different players Kapanen plays high tempo hockey with elite skating and explosive accerelation, dynamic offensive game and he have been growing. He is about 6'0 now and wouldn't be suprised if he will be 6'1 at the draft vs Granlund 5'10. Granlund played more european style and liked to slow down the pace of the game. Was average at best skater at his draft year.

TSN had Kapanen at 7 or 8, Button 5th. 6th isn't out of the reach. I won't say where he will end because i lack knowledge of this draft class but Kapanen is dynamite prospect. Kapanen is black horse of the draft. If he is around 6'1 and plays well WJC's and continues impressing at FEL i think that he could go very high. I hope that flyers will draft him.

Granlund was one of the best players in the FEL in his draft year.
Kapanen has been quite underwhelming so far.
I've seen Kapanen listed between 5'10 and 5'11 and very thin too. Size is definitely not what separates these players.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Good to see difference. People are going to be very surprised at the change of guard at the top the closer we get to draft day.

Reinhart/Ekblad will be challenged and I am not sure they will win.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Granlund was one of the best players in the FEL in his draft year.
Kapanen has been quite underwhelming so far.
I've seen Kapanen listed between 5'10 and 5'11 and very thin too. Size is definitely not what separates these players.

You're missing his point. Kapanen is much better suited for NA game due to his speed and explosiveness than Granlund was in his draft year. Granlund relied upon his ability and willingness to slow down the game while Kapanen's game is based more on speed and high tempo. Completely different types of players. Granlund might have been the better player, but his lack of speed combined with his small size do not match well with the type of player he is, which might have been the reason why he dropped to the 9th overall.

I am not saying Kapanen will be drafted higher than Granlund was. But Kapanen's draft status will not be dependent on where Granlund was drafted in his respective draft class.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Strange that the OP made this mistake just one day after Craig Button made the same mistake on his list.

I'd like to believe this is an independent list, but since there doesn't seem to be any hockey player named Anton Lindbolm to get confused by, I have to wonder how much of this list is cut-and-paste, and whether it's just based off other people's lists.

since it's literally impossible to keep tabs on every player eligible for the draft I would say their is a good chance that he is going off what he has read/heard and some viewings of players like 99% of this board is. Do you think he has payed $7 to tune into a 520P grainy feed to watch WHL hockey? of course not who would and even if he did video scouting on a feed like that would be utterly useless. Basically all lists are just regurgitated with some players up a could spots and vise verse and 90% of the players from generic lists and if someone ever posting an NHL like draft board they would get absolutely shredded on here. But none the less I do like reading them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad