Early Norris favorites

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You need at least 25 games to start talking award favorites imo. 10 is just stupid

The favorites today are the same as in the off season. Karlsson, Subban, Doughty, Hedman...

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Nobody. Too early in the year. As we've seen , all it takes is a hot month or so at the end of the season [even though you sucked the first 60 games] to win it.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Whoever is leading in points
Top 4 in points last year didn’t finish top 3 in Norris, I’d bet on Carlson or Klingberg since they’ll be there in points and will have a longer track record this year

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I mentioned Karlsson's poor start to the season relative to Burns, but it's also important to note that Burns shouldn't lose votes because of Karlsson being on the same team as him.

I can understand that argument when it comes to an award like the Hart Trophy, where the trophy has always been awarded based on the value a player provides relative to the value that his teammates provide, rather than merely the value that a player provides.

But in this case, the Norris has never been that award. Although Burns and Karlsson have both previously won this award and finished high in Hart Trophy voting as guys who provided extremely high value relative to a poor set of teammates that wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs without them, they don't need to do that in order to win the Norris. They just have to be the best defenseman in the NHL. And so far, Brent Burns has been.

Reactions: Phu

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Reilly is 46th in Average TOI per game, 5 minutes behind the leader Doughty. All the big boys are around 25-26 minutes a game and Reilly is at 22... if that trend continues there's no way he should be in the conversation.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad