Early Norris favorites

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
What do people think Burns and Karlsson's odds are now that they are on the same team? I think it will hurt.

Doughty's team is a trash so that takes him out of the race.

That leaves only Victor

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Who has so far emerged as a Norris contender/favorite in your opinion?
Thomas Chabot.

In all seriousness, it seems that defensemen must play a lot of minutes and be a two-way force in order to be a favourite. That’s logical, and means that your top contenders right now are probably Doughty, Carlson, Suter, Letang, Karlsson, Klingberg, Klingberg, Byfuglien, Pietrangelo, Lindholm, etc. If Reilly breaks 70, 75 points he’ll be a strong contender, too.

At the moment, my top-3 would be Doughty, Suter, and Letang, who’s been a beast this season in every situation after looking off the last couple of years due to injury and fatigue. Guys like Karlsson and Josi get punished a bit by being just a part of very strong defensive corps.

Reactions: jetsforever

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I predict one of Subban or Josi wins it

I wouldn't doubt either of them are nominated or win, but for the most part they have been pedestrian and sometimes down right bad. Ekholm, on the other hand, has been our best defenseman up to this point, but I can't imagine he'll get a nomination. It'd be pretty funny that out of all the quality defensemen we've had that the first Norris winner would go to Ekholm though.

Reactions: Cruz

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Karlsson hasn’t been very good
Had by far his best game of the season yesterday against the Ducks, on both sides of the puck. I won't throw his name into the Norris discussion just yet, but it looks like he's starting to settle in.

Were you watching?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Letang has no chance

voters will pull up a search history of Letang HFBoards June-October and go nope

Reactions: Allan92

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Karlsson hasn’t been very good
Karlsson actually has been good and he's getting better every game but you can keep telling that to yourself.

I'm thrilled we Toronto people have our own horse in this race. Rielly is 100% elite player. Don't think he wins it this year but maybe he'll be a nominee.

Noah juulsen is +9 in 9 games, the only stat that matters
Gotta love your positive vibes, you silly Habs fans.

Reactions: Sturminator

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
What do people think Burns and Karlsson's odds are now that they are on the same team? I think it will hurt.

Doughty's team is a trash so that takes him out of the race.

That leaves only Victor

Karlsson hasn’t been in the same league as Burns so far, there is no reason that Karlsson should cause Burns to lose votes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad