Early look at 2020 QMJHL draft so far

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
LSL Lions didn’t play up to their potential for sure given all the big names on their roster. They seemed to have played extremely individually and despite that, they almost beat the eventual Gold medalists.

I personally wasn’t impressed with any of their players performances. Some showed flashes but overall they didn’t play to their potential.

Last edited:

LOVETHISGAME

Mar 12, 2018
LSL Lions didn’t play up to their potential for sure given all the big names on their roster. They seemed to have played extremely individually and despite that, if they just got a bit of goaltending they would have beaten the eventual Gold medalists.

I personally wasn’t impressed with any of their players performances. Dumais showed flashes but holds on to the puck too much. Bishop was all over the place except where he should have been. Hryckowian and Rozzi had chances but didn’t finish. Mastrodomenico and Iasenza weren’t at their best. Vidicek was overused and looked tired trying to cover for his cheating teammates. Vetrano wasn’t buzzing like he usually does. Katz just wasn’t good enough. The list goes on....

What I saw was a lack of cohesive as a Lion's TEAM, including Vidicek , if these players you are bashing other than Vidicek," it seems your bashing the coaches for his overuse", why is Vidicek as you described as Toews and Bergeron in previous quotes, he should of carried that Lions team, with the amount of ice given to him, he didn't produce at all, NOT 1 GOAL, and you mentioned about cheating teammates , he's the biggest one from what I saw. He is not the team player you thought he was, nor the top end player in my opinion in the 04s.

My Opinion.

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
Vidicek wasn’t very good and didn’t produce. Is that what you want to hear? Or do you want to hear that the team missed LaStarza? Which one do you get more pleasure out of?

Last edited:

LOVETHISGAME

Mar 12, 2018
Vidicek wasn’t very good and didn’t produce. Is that what you want to hear? Or do you want to hear that the team missed LaStarza? Which one do you get more pleasure out of?

Doubting your credentials as a SCOUT.
Vidicek is not the player you think he is, the other player you've mention as no implication in this post about the Quebec games.

From Wintersun:

The players that didn't impress me or failed to match the hype :

- Markus Vidicek (If I didn't know he was a top player, I would have thought he wasn't even a QMJHL prospect. Didn't beat anyone with his hands, didn't create a single offensive scoring chance in the 4 games I watched, and never moved the puck when he had it, even looked like an average skater)

Wintersun summed up what I been posting about this player, the only thing I can see is, he can at times be a very smart player.

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
Doubting your credentials as a SCOUT.
Vidicek is not the player you think he is, the other player you've mention as no implication in this post about the Quebec games.

From Wintersun:

The players that didn't impress me or failed to match the hype :

- Markus Vidicek (If I didn't know he was a top player, I would have thought he wasn't even a QMJHL prospect. Didn't beat anyone with his hands, didn't create a single offensive scoring chance in the 4 games I watched, and never moved the puck when he had it, even looked like an average skater)

Wintersun summed up what I been posting about this player, the only thing I can see is, he can at times be a very smart player.
I’ve read a few of your posts and it’s very clear you have something against Vidicek as you seem to always point out the negatives specifically. You are entitled to your opinions but they seem to be very personal when it comes to him.

You should probably get help for that as he’s just a young 14 or 15 year old playing hockey like everyone else. All these kids are exceptional athletes trying their best. They have good days and bad days like everyone else, but we should all remember that when being critical of all these kids that we should try to be as positive as possible as I’m sure these posts are being thrown in their face. They have enough pressure already from their peers, parents, organizations, coaches, etc....

Kids, ignore the haters and believe in yourselves no matter what!

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
LOVETHISGAME, scouts get doubted for their evaluations all the time.... it’s part of the job.

I’ve been following Vidicek since about 3 years now and I still see him the same. He’s an extremely vigilant defensively responsible forward, much like Toews and Bergeron. If you go back to their young ages, you will see similar traits. Vidicek might be leading his league in scoring, however I think he’s probably over performed there. At this young age, I’ve seen many of his games where he does dominate.... but more as a defensive forward then an offensive forward. I still think he’s got lots to improve on to get to those guys level such as skating, physical presence and face offs, but that’s the way I see him. This past weekend was obviously not his best, but was he sick, hurt, etc.... nobody knows but their coaches and team.

Don’t take this personal but that is the way I see Vidicek. Lots of positives but also lots of room to improve on.

As for Wintersun, I believe he had him ranked#1 in one of his posts last week and today he’ll probably rank him #101.... it’s a “what have you done for me lately” type of business. The real rankings comes out only on draft day!!!

LOVETHISGAME

Mar 12, 2018
LOVETHISGAME, scouts get doubted for their evaluations all the time.... it’s part of the job.

I’ve been following Vidicek since about 3 years now and I still see him the same. He’s an extremely vigilant defensively responsible forward, much like Toews and Bergeron. If you go back to their young ages, you will see similar traits. Vidicek might be leading his league in scoring, however I think he’s probably over performed there. At this young age, I’ve seen many of his games where he does dominate.... but more as a defensive forward then an offensive forward. I still think he’s got lots to improve on to get to those guys level such as skating, physical presence and face offs, but that’s the way I see him. This past weekend was obviously not his best, but was he sick, hurt, etc.... nobody knows but their coaches and team.

Don’t take this personal but that is the way I see Vidicek. Lots of positives but also lots of room to improve on.

As for Wintersun, I believe he had him ranked#1 in one of his posts last week and today he’ll probably rank him #101.... it’s a “what have you done for me lately” type of business. The real rankings comes out only on draft day!!!

Personally you should stop bashing kids, do you actually read your posts," Dumais showed flashes but holds on to the puck too much. Bishop was all over the place except where he should have been. Hryckowian and Rozzi had chances but didn’t finish. Mastrodomenico and Iasenza weren’t at their best. Vidicek was overused and looked tired trying to cover for his cheating teammates. Vetrano wasn’t buzzing like he usually does?" Get a grip , you are a parent protecting this player's interest, just give it up...stop throwing other players under the bus.
People have mentioned about this particular player that is dad is the manager of the team and he is ghosting pts for him. If that is true well it showed in the Quebec tourney, performance's don't lie. Dad wasn't there to ghost pts.

Last edited:

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
Personally you should stop bashing kids, do you actually read your posts," Dumais showed flashes but holds on to the puck too much. Bishop was all over the place except where he should have been. Hryckowian and Rozzi had chances but didn’t finish. Mastrodomenico and Iasenza weren’t at their best. Vidicek was overused and looked tired trying to cover for his cheating teammates. Vetrano wasn’t buzzing like he usually does?" Get a grip , you are a parent protecting this player's interest, just give it up...stop throwing other players under the bus.
People have mentioned about this particular player that is dad is the manager of the team and he is ghosting pts for him. If that is true well it showed in the Quebec tourney, performance's don't lie. Dad wasn't there to ghost pts.

Points don’t matter at this age..... it only matters to the parents & players that are chasing them. A good scout sees through the stats.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

Last edited:
Reactions: LOVETHISGAME

Hot Hockey

Aug 26, 2018
As for putting your guys in order :

Vidicek
Rozzi
Mastrodomenico
Dumais
Iasenza
Bishop
Guarnieri
Vetrano
Verreault
Patella
Akkouche
Côté
Pierre-Noel
Hryckowian
Lemaire
Sullivan
Bjorn
McMahon
Reid
Lachance
Lacoursiere
Doucet
Delaronde
Legault
Richard (had him higher but his play with the puck has been awful in last viewings)
Fortin

didn't rank them all because that was a lot of scrolling up and down, but this is the list of guys I think are pretty good, the others I think are more depth picks. Have not seen Citadelles yet.

THIS IS ONLY BASED ON MY OWN VIEWINGS, OPINIONS.

Sorry Wintersun if i misread your Feb 25th, but I thought you were ranking the players here!

I was just trying to make the point that draft rankings change from one day/week to the next.

Estrien

Dec 3, 2018
Apres les Jeux du Quebec
Pas nécessairement en ordre

Gardien

Fillion ESTACADE
Rousseau
Gravel
De la Fontaine

Def

Luneau
Charbonneau
Warren
Michel
Mastrodomenico
Lavoie
Mianscum

Attaquant

Swan
Vidicek
Rozzi
Côté
Verreault
Fontaine
Dumais
Nadeau
Pelchat
Loshing
Barry
Labbé

Eldard21

Dec 11, 2018
Apres les Jeux du Quebec
Pas nécessairement en ordre
Pas d’accord avec certains de tes choix à l’attaque. Premièrement comment fais-tu pour mettre Barry sur la liste quand ça fait 5 mois qu’il n’a pas joué ? Pendant ce temps plusieurs joueurs ont grandit et ont changé physiquement. C’est pour la même raison que j’ai mes réserves avec Nadeau car il a la même shape que lorsqu’il jouait Pee Wee. En ce qui concerne Pelchat et Labbé je crois sincèrement qu’il y a plusieurs attaquants qui sont supérieurs à ces deux joueurs.

Gardien

Fillion ESTACADE
Rousseau
Gravel
De la Fontaine

Def

Luneau
Charbonneau
Warren
Michel
Mastrodomenico
Lavoie
Mianscum

Attaquant

Swan
Vidicek
Rozzi
Côté
Verreault
Fontaine
Dumais
Nadeau
Pelchat
Loshing
Barry
Labbé

Eldard21

Dec 11, 2018
Pas d’accord avec certains de tes choix à l’attaque. Premièrement comment fais-tu pour mettre Barry sur la liste quand ça fait 5 mois qu’il n’a pas joué ? Pendant ce temps plusieurs joueurs ont grandit et ont changé physiquement. C’est pour la même raison que j’ai mes réserves avec Nadeau car il a la même shape que lorsqu’il jouait Pee Wee. En ce qui concerne Pelchat et Labbé je crois sincèrement qu’il y a plusieurs attaquants qui sont supérieurs à ces deux joueurs.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

Pour ce qui est de Pelchat, c’est un des patineurs les plus dynamiques que j’ai vu cette année, il a dominé le tournoi de Ste foy et est juste très talentueux. C’est sur que avec son size, je peux comprendre les doutes mais ce gars à 5’10 serait dans mon top 5 attquants facilement, gros talent.

Labbé pour moi est peut-etre le meilleur attquant du repêchage, quand ca lui tente. Il a trainé la Beauce et les a fait gagner Granby avec. 13 pts en 6 games, et des clubs comme Grenadiers, les deux LSL et Triolet étaient là. C’est un gars extremement talentueux mais il est encore inconstant. Je peux donc comprendre le doute, moi-meme je sais pas ou le ranker mais purement en talent il est au sommet avec des Dumais et des FOntaine pour moi.

Last edited:

Eldard21

Dec 11, 2018
Pour Pelchat, pour l’avoir vu jouer au tournoi de Ste-Foy tu as raison de dire qu’il est talentueux mais son size a long terme sera toujours une faiblesse pour lui. Si il aurait la même production offensive que Verreault et Côté j’aurais tendance à penser comme toi et à oublier son petit gabarit mais ce n’est pas le cas. Il est condamné à produire d’une façon importante car c’est son seul atout. Pour Labbé probablement que je n’ai pas tombé sur des bons matchs les fois où je l’ai vu jouer car j’ai été voir les stats du tournoi de Granby et c’est vrai qu’il a performé. Les bons scouts sont ceux qui projettent le mieux les joueurs pour les années à venir sans pour autant mettre de côté les performances du moment présent (grandeur, maturité physique, constance, potentiel de développement etc...) et je crois qu’il y a de meilleurs options dans la ligue mais tu as de bons arguments.

quebec west

Dec 10, 2018
Didn't see as many games as I wanted to in Qc (lots of touristy stuff), but from what I saw, I wouldn't change much and I don't think that evaluating kids after sleeping on cots as going to give an accurate picture.

However, all that was written on Vidicek, I observed. First game he was overused but still dominant until he had no legs left. then he seemed too gassed, like so many kids I watched at the games.

I will also write that Côté was scary good but his team was very different from the reg season.

I thought I'd get a better idea at the games but considering the circumstances, I'm not going to put too much emphasis on that tournament.

Coupe Dodge next!!!!

Hockeyfirst

Oct 19, 2018
Les tops 18 après après les tournois sont ceci après scooting rsults.

1. Luneau
2. Gravel
3. Warren
4. Coté
5. Vidicek
6. Lamoureux
7. Swan
8. Charbonneau
9. Dumais
10. Fontaine
11. Rozzi
12. Loshing
13. Labbé
14. Vetrano
15. Bolduc
16. Verreault
17. LaStarza
18. Mastrodominico

Hockeyfirst

Oct 19, 2018
It looks like your comments about 14 yo players were too shocking. The writer calls your reports anonymous attacks.

Des joueurs de 14 ans critiqués sur l'internet - La Presse+

He compares it to the backlash Comtois faced after the WJC.

Les rankings varient pour plusieurs raisons, les jeunes progressent tous à des rythmes différents. Kids should not be judged negatively on a forum. Let's keep it simple with positive opinion. 15 months to go before the draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: rinkrattt111

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Think the article is right. Won’t post again. Did not really think before posting.

I think positive comments and naming players you thought were good are okay. The negative comments were not necessary though.

Although comparing it to Comtois' situation was wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->