Early look at 2020 QMJHL draft so far

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Drapeau est un top prospect certainement. Je pense qu'il a le potentiel d'être top 5 parmi les 2004 au repêchage de la LHJMQ. Côté est pas mal, pourrait se faire repêcher dans la LHJMQ et Chrétien était correct, mais les deux attaquants sont définitivement très loins de Drapeau qui était le meilleur défenseur dans le tournoi selon moi. Et dire qu'il est à 4 jours d'être un 2005, il serait le favoris pour 1st overall en 2021.

Here's my list for Quebec guys :

1. Luneau (by far, might get exceptionnal status however from what I've heard)
2. Swan (Tigres - Espoir)
3. Drapeau (Bas St-Laurent)
4. Rozzi (LSL)
5. Vidicek (LSL)
6. Vetrano (LSL)
7. Charbonneau (CCL)
8. Warren (CCL)
9. Lavoie (Lévis)

and then you've got Labbé/Roy in Beauce, Beauregard/Fortin in Quebec, Nadeau in Lévis, Bishop/Iasenza/Dumais in LSL, Fontaine/Maltais/Mianscum with Vert/Noir, Juneau/Lafontaine in Trois Rivieres, I like the D Michel in Triolet, Verreault in Selects du Nord has upside despite size, Patella is a lock for the Q in Laval, Barry with Noir et Or... these guys look like the best in Quebec right now.

Doesn't look like the strongest crop out of Quebec outside of the guys from Lac St-Louis and Luneau who is dominating in Midget AAA already.
There is a lot in here that is cringeworthy...

Hockey1974

Oct 30, 2018
Drapeau est un top prospect certainement. Je pense qu'il a le potentiel d'être top 5 parmi les 2004 au repêchage de la LHJMQ. Côté est pas mal, pourrait se faire repêcher dans la LHJMQ et Chrétien était correct, mais les deux attaquants sont définitivement très loins de Drapeau qui était le meilleur défenseur dans le tournoi selon moi. Et dire qu'il est à 4 jours d'être un 2005, il serait le favoris pour 1st overall en 2021.

4. Rozzi (LSL)
5. Vidicek (LSL)
6. Vetrano (LSL)
7. Charbonneau (CCL)
8. Warren (CCL)
9. Lavoie (Lévis)

and then you've got Labbé/Roy in Beauce, Beauregard/Fortin in Quebec, Nadeau in Lévis, Bishop/Iasenza/Dumais in LSL, Fontaine/Maltais/Mianscum with Vert/Noir, Juneau/Lafontaine in Trois Rivieres, I like the D Michel in Triolet, Verreault in Selects du Nord has upside despite size, Patella is a lock for the Q in Laval, Barry with Noir et Or... these guys look like the best in Quebec right now.

Doesn't look like the strongest crop out of Quebec outside of the guys from Lac St-Louis and Luneau who is dominating in Midget AAA already.
Merci Beaucoup Wintersun

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Hockey1974

Oct 30, 2018
Merci Beaucoup Wintersun
Voici la mienne mon analyse:
Drapeau: partage exactement la même idée que toi
Coté: Bon physique et accélération mais devra augmenter son hockey sense
Chrétien: Devra améliorer son patin par contre sous estimer car hockey sense très développer et vison de jeu élevé. Mais devra corriger son patin rapidement.
Qu'est ce qu tu en penses?

Merci

Reactions: MasterMatt25

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Enlighten me, what is so cringe worthy? I'm assuming you don't like the Drapeau ranking and think Warren should be way higher. My knock on Warren is that I don't see much offense to his game, and I'm not sure it's going to develop either.

Drapeau is likely a guy I vastly overrate, but I love his potential and his game. Looks like Lachapelle last year put on steroids.
“Luneau is already dominating midget AAA”
“He might get exceptional status”
“By far”

That’s for starters. But it is your opinion.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
“Luneau is already dominating midget AAA”
“He might get exceptional status”
“By far”

That’s for starters. But it is your opinion.

As far as the exceptional status, it's not really my opinion. I've heard a team might ask for it. It is indeed my opinion that he is head and shoulders above the rest of this crop. However, I know some people who would pick him ahead of Joshua Roy if he were made available this year (though I disagree with that). I would not say he's dominating Midget AAA this year, but considering what he was last year in Bantam and his growth, and the fact that he's already a top 10 defender in the league at 14, makes him a very good candidate for 1st.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
As far as the exceptional status, it's not really my opinion. I've heard a team might ask for it. It is indeed my opinion that he is head and shoulders above the rest of this crop. However, I know some people who would pick him ahead of Joshua Roy if he were made available this year (though I disagree with that). I would not say he's dominating Midget AAA this year, but considering what he was last year in Bantam and his growth, and the fact that he's already a top 10 defender in the league at 14, makes him a very good candidate for 1st.
Yes there’s talk he’s applying for exceptional status.

Physical growth ? There’s been none.

All 3 14’s would go in the first round right now. This year’s D is not so good, and he is not head and shoulders above the other 2 btw.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s good, he will light it up next year but he’s by no means Q ready, and I don’t consider him a top 10 D yet, but he is close.

Crazyman

Nov 17, 2018
Still far away and a lot will change for this draft, but it is looking up to be one of the best drafts for top end talent I have seen
  1. James Swan—F—LSL 0’00/000 21 24 14 38
  2. Jake Rozzi—F—Lac St Louis 0’00/000 28 26 16 42
  3. Ryan Hopkins—D—Western NS 0’00/000 33 06 15 21
  4. Noah Warren—D—CCL 6’03/180 28 03 11 14
  5. Michael La Straza—F—LSL 0’00/000 28 26 19 45
  6. Markus Vidicek—F—LSL 0’00/000 28 25 17 42
  7. David Goyette—F—East Ontario 0’00/000 27 31 32 63
  8. Lane George--G--ACA Rangers 0'00/000 14 03 1.98
  9. Jake Furlong—D—Gulls 0’00/000 31 03 20 23
  10. Tristan Luneau—D—Maurice 0’00/000 29 02 10 12
  11. Bryson Currie—F—Truro 0’00/000 33 23 20 43
  12. Leighton Carruthers—F—Gulls 0’00/000 33 21 11 32
  13. Antonin Verreault—F—Selects 0’00/000 26 11 12 23
  14. Charles-Edward Gravel—F—Corsaires 0’00/000 07 06 2.00
  15. Emanuelson Charbonneau-Joseph-D-Dynam0’00/000 27 06 03 09
  16. Joey Vetrano—F—LSL 0’00/000 22 07 11 18
  17. Alexi Sylvestre—F—Grenadiers 0’00/000 21 07 08 15
  18. Aidan McLeod—F—Kings 0’00/000 29 09 07 16
  19. Pier-Olivier Roy—D—Elites 0’00/000 28 03 03 06
  20. Alpha Barry—F—Noir Et OR DE 0’00/000 22 04 12 16
  21. Jordan Dumais—F—LSL 0’00/000 27 07 15 22
From a Q scout for over 10 years now. You guys are crazy, no one is presently looking at the 04's. We have enough trouble and budget restrictions looking at the 03's.
I see we are going to enter a crazy parent world with the 04's and most of them come from the West

Reactions: rinkrattt111

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
From a Q scout for over 10 years now. You guys are crazy, no one is presently looking at the 04's. We have enough trouble and budget restrictions looking at the 03's.
I see we are going to enter a crazy parent world with the 04's and most of them come from the West
I have been a scout in the qmjhl for over 15 years...do not need much of a budget restriction if the teams are i your back yard...not sure what team u scout for but i have never been burdened with a lot of budget restraints.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
No you’re crazy I know of 3 scouts Atleast who have followed the 14’s....

Crazyman

Nov 17, 2018
Its true, your 04's are the most important thing in the game today so they dedicate scouts just for them

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
I watch a lot of Gulls Major Bantam hockey and for the 04’s I have to say Jake Furlong (D) and Noah Harvey (G) look very strong out there. The team is 12-1-0 to start the season in the NSMBHL so far they’re doing awesome.​

Double OT

Nov 25, 2018

L.Hinkley from Moncton is playing Minor Midget in the GTHL. Just got named to the OHL prospect game as an underage. Rumour has it he will declare for the Q draft next year instead of O.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Saw Vidicek, Bishop, Iasenza and Bjorn in Drummondville playing Espoir, they looked great

Last edited:

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Saw Vidicek, Bishop, Iasenza and Bjorn in Drummondville playing Espoir. Thought Iasenza was miles ahead of Bishop, and is likely a top 10 guy. Vidicek's hands are insane and he plays a pretty complete game, was dominating that level and should be considered for a top 5 pick. Bishop has incredible tools but doesn't see the ice well, he's looking at the puck the whole time as he rushes the puck to the offensive zone and then doesn't know what to do with it. Bjorn isn't crazy skilled but very solid player too.

Went to see the two Quebec teams as well, and Fortin from Cyclones looks like the best of the bunch. Saw Labbé from Beauce and after a pretty bad Sherbrooke tournament he looked great again. Drapeau from Bas St-Laurent was incredible again, I'd say he's better than Bishop from Lac St-Louis but Iasenza might be better, it's close.
Vidicek has always been a top 5 pick, his hockey sense isn’t too shabby at all eh.

Bishop does too much, if he would simply his game it would go a long way.

LOVETHISGAME

Mar 12, 2018
Sure, Vidicek has always been in that range, just confirming he still belongs there. Things can change fast though. I had Malatesta up there last year too and that hasn't looked good.

Yeah, Bishop really needs to simplify. Tries to go end-to-end, cuts in front of his own net all the time. That works in Bantam and at times in Espoir, but in Midget AAA he won't get away with it at all.
I saw Vidicek and Iasenza in T.O. Vidicek didn't do much, I found is was taking more pims than actually playing the game . Vetrano was the impressive one, he stood out on that team , in my opinion, Iasenza was solid on the back-end, excellent, plays with grit and not afraid to mix it up.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I saw Vidicek and Iasenza in T.O. Vidicek didn't do much, I found is was taking more pims than actually playing the game . Vetrano was the impressive one, he stood out on that team , in my opinion, Iasenza was solid on the back-end, excellent, plays with grit and not afraid to mix it up.

Vetrano is really fun to watch too. His skating ability is very nice. I think Vidicek and Vetrano both have their strengths, I think Vidicek has a more translatable skillset for now, but Vetrano is nice too. Could just be a bad game for Vidicek. Agreed on Iasenza, very poised and mature on the back-end.

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
I saw the Lions in Toronto I expected a good team but they couldn’t follow up with the early competition they had to face. Vidicek way too many penalties and some poor decisions handling the puck. Even seemed frustrated at times. I thought the defense was the most reliable group on that team overall.

They went to Boston and Toronto and didn’t even play for .500

Last edited:

Estrien

Dec 3, 2018

4. Rozzi (LSL)
5. Vidicek (LSL)
6. Vetrano (LSL)
7. Charbonneau (CCL)
8. Warren (CCL)
9. Lavoie (Lévis)

Et que penser vous de Dufour duTriolet comme attaquant.Et de Michel comme défenseur pour le Triolet se sont les 2 joueurs qui on le potentiel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->