Early look at 2020 QMJHL draft so far

Double OT

Nov 25, 2018
So after 3 solid months of actions who
Are the top 5 forward and top 5 D in QUEBEC only?

Benoitb

Aug 8, 2018
So after 3 solid months of actions who
Are the top 5 forward and top 5 D in QUEBEC only?

Born in Qc or playing in Qc?

F: Lastarza, Verreault, Côté, Dumais, Swan (Close: Rozzi, Vidicek, Sullivan, Goyette)
D: Luneau, Mastrodomenico, Charbonneau, Tremblay-Mathieu, Ménard (Close: Drapeau, Gaudette, Lamoureux, PO Roy, Bolduc)

Double OT

Nov 25, 2018
Born in Qc or playing in Qc?

F: Lastarza, Verreault, Côté, Dumais, Swan (Close: Rozzi, Vidicek, Sullivan, Goyette)
D: Luneau, Mastrodomenico, Charbonneau, Tremblay-Mathieu, Ménard (Close: Drapeau, Gaudette, Lamoureux, PO Roy, Bolduc)

Qc born. Thanks that is a fair list. Although Goyette is OHL property.
Interesting to see Warren not on as many top lists as before.

Hockeyfirst

Oct 19, 2018
Qc born. Thanks that is a fair list. Although Goyette is OHL property.
Interesting to see Warren not on as many top lists as before.

When I see Warren not being listed and names like Gaudette, Roy, Drapeau, Bolduc, Ménard and Tremblay before him it rings a red bell to my ears.

I'll pick Warren before anytime before them. Not saying there not good, but let's be serious

Benoitb

Aug 8, 2018
We wrote the same thing in different words at the exact same time hahahaha

Well, I never have been (and I never will be I guess) a fan of Warren. I didn't see progression in his game. An beside his size, his defensive game needs a lot of tuning.

But yes, he's big.

Yes, I should have put his name on the list. You wouldn't draft him, but yes he deserves to be with the top names of that list. Can we have a different POV?

Benoitb

Aug 8, 2018
Well, we faced CCL last year in playoffs (1st round), and after watching a lot of video, we targetted some players on the other side to attack, pass by his side.

I don't want to give too much negativity here because they still 15 yo kids, and I don't want to say bad things on them. But Warren was weaker in our book

And maybe it's everything Charbonneau lived through, maybe I have a kind of sympathy for him, and I want to see him success to make his life a little bit better.

Finally, I have to be honest, I always mix both Warren and Charbonneau haha Worst, I've been in the Hockey Qc summer camp with both

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
BenoitB stop pretending you’re a scout and coach a team please. Your list is so far off I can’t believe what I’m reading you have to be a dad.

Benoitb

Aug 8, 2018
BenoitB stop pretending you’re a scout and coach a team please. Your list is so far off I can’t believe what I’m reading you have to be a dad.

1- I never said I was a scout, and I will never do it. (anyway, If I was, I will not comment and give my opinion on a forum.)
2- Coach. Well...I'm not behind the bench, it's true. If in your opinion a video coach is not a coach, it's your point of view. You have the half of my name, and you know for which team I am, so, make a research.
3- Yes, I'm a dad :). A new one, since april 2019 (Yes, it gives me less time to watch hockey this year)

I've made a quickly research, and your last list for the 2020 QMHJL draft gives:

Best 5 F from Qc: Swan, Dumais, Lastarza, Fontaine and Desruisseaux. (after: Patella, Labbé, Rozzi, Grenier, Beauregard, Vidicek)
Best 5 D from Qc: Luneau, Warren, Charbonneau, Mastrodomenico and Lavoie (After: Lamoureux, Drapeau, Bishop)

I don't know, but it's not so far of mine! For the F I have Lastarza, Swan and Dumais. For the D, I have Luneau, Charbonneau and Mastrodomenico. You put Verreault out of your first 2 rounds. I totally disagree with that, but it's your opinion, I respect that.

Better than that! I took an old comment from you, an older list (from November 2018), and it's pretty funny how it's close of mine ;-)

"My top 10 list of Quebec players after 2 months of hockey:

1- Jake Rozzi F
2- Noah Warren D
3- Jordan Dumais F
4- Markus Vidicek F
5- James Swan F
6- Tristan Luneau D
7- Antonin Verreault F
8- Emanuelson Charbonneau D
9- Yoan Loshing F
10- Justin Côté F"

The only thing I see, it's maybe I hurt you with my comment on Warren (and it's why I didn't want to do it, I don't like makin "negative" comment on 15 yo kids)
Just pass over my comments if you don't like it.

And I'm waiting for your new updated list to compare.

Reactions: MARITIMESHOCKI

MARITIMESHOCKI

Nov 7, 2019
My opinion from what I see, my top players are the following:

Ds:
Luneau
Furlong
Menard
Warren
Hopkins

Fs:
Lastarza
Carruthers
Verreault
Dylan Andrews
Donvan Arsenault
Vetrano

what separates these guys from the rest is the compete level in my honest opinion.
Points are all good, but what we look at, at this level is, can they adjust to any level of play without the PUCK, very important for an elite player to learn how to play without the Puck.

rolliethegoalie

Aug 25, 2018

Ds:
Luneau
Furlong
Menard
Warren
Hopkins

Fs:
Lastarza
Carruthers
Verreault
Dylan Andrews
Donvan Arsenault
Vetrano

what separates these guys from the rest is the compete level in my honest opinion.
Points are all good, but what we look at, at this level is, can they adjust to any level of play without the PUCK, very important for an elite player to learn how to play without the Puck.

rolliethegoalie

Aug 25, 2018

Ds:
Luneau
Furlong
Menard
Warren
Hopkins

Fs:
Lastarza
Carruthers
Verreault
Dylan Andrews
Donvan Arsenault
Vetrano

Rink Eyes

Nov 19, 2019
Have you seen LaStarza recently? He puts lots of work into him game but being away for two years is tough to compare also playing 16u vs midget/u18 makes a big difference. Very similar for Furlong and others that went to the US. 16u in the US is a very good league but there is a piece missing trying to compare to our midget league, especially in Quebec and Western Canada.

There are some very good players that have not been seen very much for a year or more.
Ramsay from NS, Hinkley and Guy from NB, Casey from NL. From my understanding all went to play in more challenging leagues?

at the same time most are a little behind the competitive landscape and skill set of Quebec, fast and skilled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad