Early line matchups for Cdn junior camp

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Any more news on Bourdon?. Is he 100% recovered from his injury?.

An ankle injury limited Bourdon's play with with Val-d'Or and Moncton of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League last season. Still, Bourdon posted 28 points in 30 games, accenting the fact he may be ready to move beyond the junior ranks, especially now that the ankle injury has healed.

"The ankle is fine, and every day it gets better," he said. "It is just a matter of getting my full flexibility back. It affected me during the Memorial Cup, but I dealt with it since my team needed me and I know I will be back healthy soon."

Source: http://www.nhl.com/features/system/bourdon072706.html

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Good to hear Bourdon has been the best player in camp. That ankle injury he substained was pretty concerning towards the end of last season, and really affected his play after his return. Huge sigh of relief from the Canuck-nation regarding his apparent recovery.

razman22

Mar 24, 2006
Any opinions on Ty Wishart so far? TIA

Wishart looked awesome last night. I didn't see the first game Wednesday but last night he really impressed. Toews was the best player on the ice and him and Marchand looked really really good together. For the d-men, Wishart and Franson looked great. Bourdon had an awefull first shift where he took a terrible line into his own end and was beaten to and then knocked off the puck by a smaller player (didn't catch the number). After that he settled down and was very steady. J Staal looked like he started slowly but every time I turned around he had the puck on his stick or was involved in the play by the third period. Giroux made some nice plays and he gave me the impression he could make any linemate look better. Sheppard, Cogliano and Cliche had a beaut of a goal but other than that I expected more. Bertram didn't stand out like I'd hoped. The play got pretty chippy at the end of the 2nd and I think all the players were read the riot act between periods as Downie didn't return and the scrums after every whistle ceased. All in all it was great to watch and Chicago with Toews and SJ with Wishart should be very happy.

HipCzech

Just win the game
Mar 25, 2004
Overpriced Bay
Wishart looked awesome last night. I didn't see the first game Wednesday but last night he really impressed. Toews was the best player on the ice and him and Marchand looked really really good together. For the d-men, Wishart and Franson looked great. ....... All in all it was great to watch and Chicago with Toews and SJ with Wishart should be very happy.

Awesome, thanks!

Leafs 67 and Waiting

Jul 15, 2005
USA
Wishart looked awesome last night. I didn't see the first game Wednesday but last night he really impressed. Toews was the best player on the ice and him and Marchand looked really really good together. For the d-men, Wishart and Franson looked great. Bourdon had an awefull first shift where he took a terrible line into his own end and was beaten to and then knocked off the puck by a smaller player (didn't catch the number). After that he settled down and was very steady. J Staal looked like he started slowly but every time I turned around he had the puck on his stick or was involved in the play by the third period. Giroux made some nice plays and he gave me the impression he could make any linemate look better. Sheppard, Cogliano and Cliche had a beaut of a goal but other than that I expected more. Bertram didn't stand out like I'd hoped. The play got pretty chippy at the end of the 2nd and I think all the players were read the riot act between periods as Downie didn't return and the scrums after every whistle ceased. All in all it was great to watch and Chicago with Toews and SJ with Wishart should be very happy.

Neal hit Downie and apparently Downie did not come back after the hit. Neal has been impressive according to the radio broadcast last night.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
How has Dustin Kohn looked at the camp? In the dub his speed and rushing ability are his strengths, has that translated to the camp?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Heh, looks like Staal and Bourdon mixed it up a bit

3 - RED M. Staal, 8:58 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - RED M. Staal, 8:58 - Roughing , 2 min
3 - WHIT Bourdon, 8:58 - Roughing , 2 min

:fight:

Last edited:

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
All I can see are the box scores. What is going on with McNeill for the red team? As a d-man he has a goal in each game and overall 3 of the 7 goals for team red. No other d-man has more than 1.

Those who have seen the games? What is the scoop on McNeill's play?

Mar 1, 2002
All I can see are the box scores. What is going on with McNeill for the red team? As a d-man he has a goal in each game and overall 3 of the 7 goals for team red. No other d-man has more than 1.

Those who have seen the games? What is the scoop on McNeill's play?

One of the 2 best offensive D-man in the CHL last year. Very talented.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->