Early Impressions: Marcus Pettersson

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Unless he improves his PM skills and shot, he simply is not going to be that D man that the Pens need on the left side. Dumo can play D and skate so he is number 1. Can't have three LH D men JJ and him who offer minimal offensive threats.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Unless he improves his PM skills and shot, he simply is not going to be that D man that the Pens need on the left side. Dumo can play D and skate so he is number 1. Can't have three LH D men JJ and him who offer minimal offensive threats.
I feel like 25 points as a rookie is pretty good actually. Already tops Dumo's best in that regard.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Put up a 27 point pace as a rookie. Not sure what else you want from him?

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I thought MP was good at getting the puck to the net from the point. I thought if we had a longer playoff run he was going to get a big goal from that spot.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
MP is a legit second pairing prospect, that will be able for streches to cover the first pair left side...I wish we had a legit second pairing RH that could compliment him, Shultz and Guds are 3rd pair material...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
MP is a legit second pairing prospect, that will be able for streches to cover the first pair left side...I wish we had a legit second pairing RH that could compliment him, Shultz and Guds are 3rd pair material...

Schultz for Trouba, as I suggested before...
Dumo-Letang
Petts-Trouba
X/Cough drop-Guds

Reactions: vodeni

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
why are they giving us Trouba for Schultz?

Because Trouba won’t sign there long term and Schultz would...they’re going to have to pay Trouba more than $5.5 mil next year and then he’ll leave as a FA...Schultz is cost controlled next year and they could likely sign him for less than Trouba and they’re similar players...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Because Trouba won’t sign there long term and Schultz would...they’re going to have to pay Trouba more than $5.5 mil next year and then he’ll leave as a FA...Schultz is cost controlled next year and they could likely sign him for less than Trouba and they’re similar players...
oh right, Trouba isn't signed.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Pleasantly surprised with how he played this season after the trade. Still developing and should be a solid middle pairing d-man in the future at least.

Reactions: NJPensFan5

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
STARTED OFF the season great and the new fell off a cliff offensively. Has been quite physical though.

What happened to him after like the first 10 games or so?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty much, with having Schultz injured and the team having little faith in Ruh or Rikolla forces them to play Petts with Trotman or Johnson. Trotman is every bit as terrible as JJ imo, if not worse because he was never a NHLer
Yeah, hate to bash a guy that’s just doing his best but he’s poor even by minor league journeyman standards. Just coughs up the puck way too much.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I had really high hopes for Petts this year and obviously he hasn't come close to fulfilling them but yeah I think he's kind of being put in a little bit of a tough spot most of this season so far. I still have confidence he'll come around.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I’d say yes. I don’t think players dread when they see him climbing over the boards but he finishes guys along the boards and generally seems to enjoy being irritating to play against with little shoves, whacks, etc.

He certainly plays bigger than he has any right to physically. Listed at 177 lbs but I can't imagine him being far over 160.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I understand that Petts hasn’t had good partners this year, which has some effect, but he’s been mediocre to poor in many games on his own...he’s been disappointing this year so far...really Dumo and Marino have been our best D men

Reactions: brakeyawself

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He’s been totally fine imo. Especially consider what he got paid. The emergence of Marino and the now constant Schultz injuries have lowered expectations offensively anyway. He fits the same niche as guys like Maatta and Cole at ES but doesn’t get completely owned every so often like Maatta or take penalties like Cole.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->