Pre-Game Talk: Early game in Buffalo. Friday 4 P.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Dress Weber! A couple days more rest wont mean squat. The guy is ready. I cant believe they didnt dress him against Jersey. Theyre going to get creamed by Buffalo and Boston if they dont.

Boston is missing most of their D including Chara due to injury and Bergeron is out a month. That one is a winnable game.

Jul 6, 2016
Dress Weber! A couple days more rest wont mean squat. The guy is ready. I cant believe they didnt dress him against Jersey. Theyre going to get creamed by Buffalo and Boston if they dont.

The guy is already a good 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule. Be patient.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Tuesday. Seriously. They need him now.

They needed him last month....

Weber will help the current situation but I don't think that he is going to be the miracle that many of you are hoping for, he's just not that kind of player.

We'll see....they also missed guys like Byron and Armia cause they were both pretty much the best forwards defensively, it's just not the defence that sucks in our zone, it's the whole team. So Weber is no miracle worker, can't save this team from itself and we all know it's not going to be enough in the end. Weber can't play 60 minutes a game.

But this team will look better with Weber or Petry on the ice for 50 minutes than just Petry and a spare part for 50 minutes. Both special units will be better, not worst. And the biggest improvement will be to push one of the spare parts out of the line-up.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
They needed him last month....

We'll see....they also missed guys like Byron and Armia cause they were both pretty much the best forwards defensively, it's just not the defence that sucks in our zone, it's the whole team. So Weber is no miracle worker, can't save this team from itself and we all know it's not going to be enough in the end. Weber can't play 60 minutes a game.

But this team will look better with Weber or Petry on the ice for 50 minutes than just Petry and a spare part for 50 minutes. Both special units will be better, not worst. And the biggest improvement will be to push one of the spare parts out of the line-up.
Webers impact will be felt on the pp and pk but I don't think that he is a guy that tilts the ice in our favour at even strength as potentially someone that can drive some offence for us. We currently have a whopping 6 goals from our D core and in my opinion that is not near enough and it's not just goals either, it's points in general from our D. I expect that Weber's shot will help on the pp but in order for him to be at his best we will need a really good pmd as his D partner where currently we are trying to basically do a patch job.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Webers impact will be felt on the pp and pk but I don't think that he is a guy that tilts the ice in our favour at even strength as potentially someone that can drive some offence for us. We currently have a whopping 6 goals from our D core and in my opinion that is not near enough and it's not just goals either, it's points in general from our D. I expect that Weber's shot will help on the pp but in order for him to be at his best we will need a really good pmd as his D partner where currently we are trying to basically do a patch job.
We're still quarterback-less on the PP. Weber's the gunner, but if everyone just feeds him the puck...then he will be easy to stop.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We're still quarterback-less on the PP. Weber's the gunner, but if everyone just feeds him the puck...then he will be easy to stop.
I said the same thing before about Weber, once teams adjust to us going to him for the big shot from the point he is not able to do much on the distribution side of things, it would be great if we had a Markov clone in the form of a 25 year old but we dont.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I said the same thing before about Weber, once teams adjust to us going to him for the big shot from the point he is not able to do much on the distribution side of things, it would be great if we had a Markov clone in the form of a 25 year old but we dont.
With Weber out there on the PP, he will get a lot of attention from the opposing PKers as they know he can be devastating so it will give more time and space to the other guys on the PP.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Matinee Friday game.... Yuck

Buffalo is due to lose one eventually, but hard to believe that this Defense can prevent less than 4 or 5 goals a game too

Last edited:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

5v5 offense is not the problem right now. Yes we need a legit top 2/4 PM LHD but currently a more alarming problem is how we defend our own zone and that's where Weber helps a ton.

Reactions: Milhouse40

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Man if Weber is back I cannot wait to see him on the ice!! It feels special, feels like were getting little bit of saving life moment for the D!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
5v5 offense is not the problem right now. Yes we need a legit top 2/4 PM LHD but currently a more alarming problem is how we defend our own zone and that's where Weber helps a ton.
He is definitely going to help, but he's one guy. Not sure the results will change all that much.

Reactions: BLONG7

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He is definitely going to help, but he's one guy. Not sure the results will change all that much.

Weber plays nearly half the game every night and covers both of our biggest weaknesses (PP, 5v5 defense) so he's exactly what the doctor ordered for us (assuming he's close to what he was before his injury). The offense is going to dry up a bit so I won't say anything about the overall results but that doesn't change the fact that this team needs Weber really really badly.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Weber plays nearly half the game every night and covers both of our biggest weaknesses (PP, 5v5 defense) so he's exactly what the doctor ordered for us (assuming he's close to what he was before his injury). The offense is going to dry up a bit so I won't say anything about the overall results but that doesn't change the fact that this team needs Weber really really badly.
Of course they need him. They also need at least another D.
People forget Habs defense sucked badly last year even with Weber in line up.
Ya he got injured early and played through it, but it isn't like he looked bad. Weber was still playing his normal game despite his injury. Didn't change much, so it all depends on how much the offense can keep going.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know but I didn't want to go back and forth with someone who would have went back and forth on this issue for 10 posts so I just hit like lol.

Now everyone knows your exit scenario trick. :laugh:

Post of the Year material in the category of Unintended Comedy.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Of course they need him. They also need at least another D.
People forget Habs defense sucked badly last year even with Weber in line up.
Ya he got injured early and played through it, but it isn't like he looked bad. Weber was still playing his normal game despite his injury. Didn't change much, so it all depends on how much the offense can keep going.

Habs were a tire fire from day one last year. Even now when they're losing games they're playing much more inspired hockey than last year. They are simply not the same team now. Might not be any better on paper but they have chemistry and a proper system in place.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Weber has a good shot and is good in our end but he is not going to significantly move the needle for this team in either direction. We will hear, character, compete, man mountain and so on but Weber is mostly a simple short pass, positionally sound old school type of defender. This team needs some speed and skill from the back to be a complimentary piece for a guy like Weber.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->