Early Expansion Draft Protection Predictions

Would you go with 7-3-1 or 8-1 for protecting players in the expansion draft?

• Total voters

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Ask EJ to waive his NTC

Sign Barrie to a one year contract extension

Offer Seatle a 3rd pick so that they don’t pick EJ

Does Timmins need protection ?

Mack
Rants
Landy
Jost
Compher
Kerfoot
UFA

Makar
Girard
Zadorov

Grubs

Zero chance.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Any rules on the earliest they can apply for that waiver? I would think they want this ruled on sooner than later.

It would be at the time of determining eligibility for the draft. So 2021... and depending on who you ask, you get different opinions on if it would be approved.

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
Landesberg Mack Rants
(A Panarin type)

Girard Makar
(A Zadorov type) (Barrie)

(A Grubby type)

(***) = not a lock to be signed or best at position.

Have to play hardball with EJ.
Need to re-sign Barrie. (But I really like what I've seen from him this series and you've gotta pay your players).
Need to sign a difference making forward this off-season.

Will likely lose one of EJ, Compher, Timmins, Zadorov, Jost, Kerfoot, Fran.

Perhaps we sign a big contract with Barrie/Zadorov and it looks bad so we expose them instead.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I hope not. We have no one even remotely capable of his physicality. Off chance Meloche can provide it but that's still uncertain
I don't wanna lose Z but I just get the feeling if we leave him exposed that that's who Seattle will be targeting. Maybe we can entice them to take someone else and offer a pick in doing so? I dunno how Joe and Co. are gonna work around it and two yrs is still far away our roster might look a lot different this time next season.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I don't wanna lose Z but I just get the feeling if we leave him exposed that that's who Seattle will be targeting. Maybe we can entice them to take someone else and offer a pick in doing so? I dunno how Joe and Co. are gonna work around it and two yrs is still far away our roster might look a lot different this time next season.

I would wait until the draft on the direction.

Sakic selecting Byram or 16th DMan would undoubtably result in Barrie or Zadorov being traded. EJ is likely to be asked on waiving his NMC or buyout.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Who “decides” if a player is a F or D?

What if Brent Burns went back to forward for the 2nd half on the season just before the xD? Is he a forward now?

What about Eric Messier?:sarcasm:

Serious question though.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If Byram is available and is seen as BPA, I could see Girard being offered to the highest bidder in a year or two.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Byram is available and is seen as BPA, I could see Girard being offered to the highest bidder in a year or two.

That'd be a big mistake. Girard needs to be signed max term to keep his cap hit relatively low.

Reactions: avsfan09

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Byram would likely end extending Barrie, but even drafting from the large group of LHD available between 15-25 could also have the same result.

AVs would offer a token below market offer which would be refused or Newport would recommend discussions after the season. Wouldn't be surprised a trade happens at the draft, but more likely at the beginning of next season when UFAs have been signed and new Cap Limits are known.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad