GDT: Early Afternoon Edition|Columbus-Edmonton|1:00 p.m.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Tough tasks ahead for the locks. Yet again the penguins and Carolina games are the season

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Get Wennberg back in there tomorrow. Maybe this time off has allowed him to clear his head/will get him to play with some energy (I know, I know...)

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
Looking at the goal replays, I'm not going to be too hard on Bob. Maybe the first goal, but, players are figure skating on the ice in front of him and he really had no chance on the rest of the oil goals.

Just a lame, uninspiring performance at home.

Reactions: Halfboard

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I’m trying to figure out what happened after that flawless San Jose performance. The trade deadline happened. Exit Duclair, enter McQuaid and Dzingel. Why did we suddenly turn into puddles of diarrhea?

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Quite frankly, this really is where the “I don’t coach offense” shit is really hurtful. How are you supposed to trade for two top 6 players, and just hope they fit in and know how to play the “style”? The reason we don’t have any cohesiveness and chemistry is because Torts f***ing refuses to teach it. And yes, that is something that can be coached. Not saying that the Sens has an offensive system, but we have literally nothing. The problem we are seeing right now is 100% a coaching problem.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Not that it matters, but it’ll be interesting to see what Grapes says tonight about this game

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
If Jarmo has as big of balls as they say, he’d fire Torts for the playoff push. I think it could jumpstart this squad big time
What's Joel Quenneville doing these days??? He knows what it takes to win. Did he have a good relationship with Panarin? Probably not but if they hired him, can he convince Artemi to stay?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I'm glad Tortosarious had his favorite toys in play this game. i'm done - Dubinsky, stone hands Foligno, not a center Jenner, what is goal Nash, and 1ST PAIR D hahaha Scarrington.

Sit Wennberg more, hard ass.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
It should be beyond clear to anyone now that we have a coaching problem.

Well it falls back on him right or wrong. You have to figure it all out. He seems to have lost that ability in the last 14 months or so. Maybe his heart isnt in it. Who knows.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
“Didn’t play to our standard”

????the Jackets have a standard??

What an absolute load of bulls***

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
What's Joel Quenneville doing these days??? He knows what it takes to win. Did he have a good relationship with Panarin? Probably not but if they hired him, can he convince Artemi to stay?
Can't be any worse than what Torts has morphed this team into..

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
If you keep the two Sens refugees, lose Panarin and Bob but add an innovative, adaptable coach who can nurture our youngsters rather than exasperate them then I'm feeling pretty good about 2019-20.

Reactions: GoJackets1

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
If you keep the two Sens refugees, lose Panarin and Bob but add an innovative, adaptable coach who can nurture our youngsters rather than exasperate them then I'm feeling pretty good about 2019-20.

Am I the only one who is wholly unimpressed by Duchene and Dzingel so far?

Duchene shows flashes of brilliance at times, but then coasts around a lot and makes poor decisions with the puck. And Dzingel looks a lot like Duclair to me.

I'm not loving our chances if they can't figure it out soon.

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
Short presser.
I understand the brevity but also find it unacceptable.

Yeah, we try again tomorrow - but taking every game since the trade deadline I expected more of a response.

Reactions: CPTN71

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Am I the only one who is wholly unimpressed by Duchene and Dzingel so far?

Duchene shows flashes of brilliance at times, but then coasts around a lot and makes poor decisions with the puck. And Dzingel looks a lot like Duclair to me.

I'm not loving our chances if they can't figure it out soon.

Duchene is ok but not someone we should be locking up at $9M per yet. Dzingel looks like an AHLer quite frankly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->