GDT: Early Afternoon Edition|Columbus-Edmonton|1:00 p.m.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Absolutely critical, essential must-win. If we lose, this is the game we are going to go back to and circle on our calendar.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
You've gotta think if McDavid and Draisaitl are shut down that this is a win, no?
Shut down? I’m not sure half our D even roll out of bed by one since they look sleepy during a normal 7pm game.

Might be able to knock down their point totals if we can keep them on the outside. Or we can hope for a resurrection of the San Jose game

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Every game we lose to a bad team, we have to beat one additional good team.

The solution to this problem then, is to not f***ing lose today.

Reactions: cslebn

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
3-1 win.. to say this is critical is a HUGE understatement. Where is Murr dog and how is his recovery going? We need someone to calm the blue line down

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
What's the over/under on how many breakaways McDavid will have? 5?

If Edmonton scores first (which I predict they will), this will be another long day. For some reason, when tied or trailing at home, this team flat-out plays scared and timid.

Reactions: GoJackets1

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I don't think you understand how awful Harrington-McQuaid was as a third pair.....

We really need Murray back soon so that we can run with Murray-Jones/Z-Savard/Nuti-McQ
Of course I do. But there’s numerous other pairs I’d try before putting Scott f***ing Harrington on the 1st pair.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
What's the over/under on how many breakaways McDavid will have? 5?

If Edmonton scores first (which I predict they will), this will be another long day. For some reason, when tied or trailing at home, this team flat-out plays scared and timid.

But.....what about all the posters who say the CBJ can't play with the lead either? They take their foot of the pedal? They play prevent D? :sarcasm:

6-2 CBJ

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
The last "early afternoon" game I remember was 2 seasons ago against the Captials in Washington.. we won 2-1 or 3-1 I believe.

Found it in a GDT from the Philly game in December. According to Mark Schleig, dating back to 2016-2017, we were 13-1-1 in pre-5 pm games. We then won the next two games (Philly and NJ) back-to-back so we were at least 15-1-1 dating back to 2016-17 as of December in afternoon games. Don’t know if we’ve played any since the game at NJ.

I’m presuming that 15-1-1 is only accounting for regular season and game 5 last year is not included in that total, but even though we lost it, game 5 might’ve been our best game of the series.

I think there’s actually something to that stat, since it involves routine, body clocks, etc. The Thursday evening game record this year was I think just more coincidence. But I think (maybe wishful thinking) we actually do play better in the afternoon (or, we play about the same, but our opponents have some, um... difficulties :laugh: ).

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
McQuaid-Lucic tilt would be fun to see

The things that come across my mind before games.. :popcorn:

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Want a win but want to see improved cohesiveness slightly more. Oh heck, I want both the same...am I asking too much?!

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Draisaitl - McDavid - Kassian
Lucic - Nugent-Hopkins - Chiasson
Rieder - Cave - Currie
Gagner - Malone - Rattie

Look at our third line lol

Reactions: Sore Loser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad