Speculation: Early 2019-2020 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Feel free to make any predictions, bold or not about next year’s season. As a baseline, I’m going to predict what I believe each player’s stats will be and our overall team record. These are all as the team stands right now. I’ll make another thread before the season starts where we can make similar predictions and see how we feel about the wild’s summer.

2.Parise - 51
3. Fiala - 47
4.Staal - 43
5. Kunin - 41
6. Donato - 40
7. Spurgeon - 35 (in roughly 70 games)
8. Greenway - 34
9. JEE - 32
10. Suter - 31
11. Koivu - 27
12. Brodin - 25

MN Wild Record: 35 - 40 - 7 (77 points)

Zucker will be gone

Boudreau done after this season

Dark horse prediction: Mennell comes in towards the end of the year and gives MN some hope.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i hope we save our cap room for the right ufa at the right reasonable price. assuming we don't add an expensive ufa ; i think we miss the playoffs allowing us another round of decent draft picks. our team could significantly improve but im not betting on it. if everything goes right and staalstar & zucker get back in the 30's ; parise 30 ; our D with a healthy dumba tear it up offensively ; fiala & donato score 20G; kunin & greenway score 15G ; JEE 12G; doobs improves, we could hold our own against the best. its possible but i wont be holding my breath.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Zucker as a traded at the draft with the highest pick coming back being a 2nd rounder.

Koivu starts the season opener.

There is at least one signed OS this summer (leaguewide).

GMPF takes Soderstrom if he's still on the board at 12oa.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dumba: 24 goals, 59 points
Fiala: 22 goals, 61 points
Donato: 19 goals, 44 points
Staal: 24 goals, 58 points

Zucker gets traded between June 21st and July 17th.

Fenton drafts Newhook or Boldy at 12. Fabbro went 17th in 2016 out of the BCHL, played in H-East after the draft. He really likes Donato out of H-East. The more I think about Newhook, Fenton and Nashville’s drafting, the more I have this gut feeling that he likes one of these guys most in our range. He took a Euro defenseman first round last year, I don’t think he dips twice in back to back years. Nashville usually alternates picking forwards and defensemen with their first pick. Very rarely have they gone two of the same position two years in a row. Maybe I’m reading into that too much.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Zucker is traded to Edmonton for Mikko Koskinen and Kailer Yamamoto.

Staal retires mid-season.

Dumba is traded to Calgary for Rasmus Andersson and a conditional pick.

Parise plays less than 40 games.

Dubnyk is traded to a contender.

Kunin scores more goals for Iowa than Minnesota.

Kaprizov signs a contract extension in Russia.

Kevin Fiala is the Wild's Masterton nominee.

Fenton makes at least one more trade with Nashville.

Filip Johansson scores the gold medal-winning goal at the World Juniors.

Victor Rask is the top-scoring center for the Wild.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I could see these happening.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

That's enough, Mr. Sunshine.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Boys throw in the towel, go on a man-trip around the world, end up in a remote Buddhist monastery in Tibet, meditate and reach up to the state of Nirvana, realize hockey is not important, they all retire and move to different places doing various things, the Wild are awarded an Expansion Draft, we steal back Tuch and become Vegas version 2.0, make the Cup Finals with Kaprizov, win the Cup.

Wait, no, that was Russo's DMT trip. Nvm.

0-82.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
-Kunin scores 20+
-Fiala puts up 25g 35a 60pts
-Zucker is traded to Buffalo for their later 1st round pick + prospect, subsequently picking the goalie of the future: Spencer Knight
- Nico Sturm outproduces Rask and Eriksson Ek and becomes the 3rd line center, leads to Eriksson Ek being traded for another struggling player
-Kahkonen plays at least one NHL game
-Spurgeon and Greenway are traded to Edmonton for the #8 pick and Puljujarvi, subsequently picking future 1st line center: Peyton Krebs.
-Brodin is traded to Toronto for Nylander
-At #12, the Minnesota Wild are proud to select... Thomas Harley from the Mississauga Steelheads of the OHL.
-Free agents signed: Gardiner (4yrs), Stralman (1yr)

Lineup for next year:

Fiala-Staal-Nylander
Parise-Koivu-Kunin
Donato-Sturm-Puljujarvi
Foligno-Rask-Brown

Suter-Dumba
Gardiner-Stralman
Seeler-Pateryn
Hunt

Dubnyk
Kahkonen

Top prospects: Krebs, Harley, Knight

Future lineup:

Fiala-Krebs-Nylander
Donato-McBain-Kunin
Parise-Khovanov-Puljujarvi
Dewar-Sturm-Lodnia
Shaw

Suter-Dumba
Harley-Johansson
Seeler-Belpedio
Soucy/Johansson

Knight
Kahkonen/Robson

Edit: Yes, it's 4:30am and I should be sleeping.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
The Wild make the playoffs. Kunin, Greenway,Donato,Eriksson Ek all have breakout seasons under Boudreau like the young players before them did under Boudreau.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
db you forgot kaprizov in your future lineup. since parise hinted he wants to play on a contender trade him instead of zucker for a late 1st & pick spencer barns (oops knight).
MV5BMTUzODAxMzg1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzY3MTAzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
db you forgot kaprizov in your future lineup. since parise hinted he wants to play on a contender trade him instead of zucker for a late 1st & pick spencer barns (oops knight).
Not against trading Parise at all, but Fenton would have to have some reliable leg-breakers on retainer to ensure that the cap recapture nonsense goes away in the next CBA.

Reactions: 2Pair

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
1) I’ll believe that Kaprizov comes over when he actually signs with us. Until then, I’m not getting my hopes up.
2) Parise would never fetch a 1st with his age and contract.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not against trading Parise at all, but Fenton would have to have some reliable leg-breakers on retainer to ensure that the cap recapture nonsense goes away in the next CBA.

Didn’t @2Pair have some pretty good thoughts on this?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Didn’t @2Pair have some pretty good thoughts on this?
I think he pointed out (probably correctly) that none of the stake holders have any interest in keeping it. It doesn't help the players or the owners, so at this point it's just there as a retroactive punishment for teams that were following the letter of the rules rather than the spirit. It's a solution to a problem that hasn't existed for several years.

Reactions: 2Pair and AKL

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think he pointed out (probably correctly) that none of the stake holders have any interest in keeping it. It doesn't help the players or the owners, so at this point it's just there as a retroactive punishment for teams that were following the letter of the rules rather than the spirit. It's a solution to a problem that hasn't existed for several years.
Pretty much this. I would also add that everyone is just working around it with bullshit injuries anyway so what's the point of keeping it? With the new contract limits, it's not at all a factor moving forward so why even bother?

Reactions: AKL

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Pretty much this. I would also add that everyone is just working around it with bull**** injuries anyway so what's the point of keeping it? With the new contract limits, it's not at all a factor moving forward so why even bother?
The only reason I can think of is that the 28-29 teams that are unaffected by it might feel it's in their interest to knee-cap teams like Minnesota and Nashville.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The only reason I can think of is that the 28-29 teams that are unaffected by it might feel it's in their interest to knee-cap teams like Minnesota and Nashville.
The teams that don't spend money, don't usually get much say in how it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->