Eagles fire Chip Kelly

Sep 19, 2008
There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. I'm going to need some time to digest it but it's basically all over twitter now. All I can say is that I'm upset and I didn't think he'd work out in this league and I was proven wrong. He did a damn good job. ****.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wow!

Thought he might try to get out in the offseason but the Eagles made it very easy for him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jeff Lurie realized he made a huge mistake giving him full power, and probably said so. And Chip didn't like it. And Jeff Lurie didn't like it.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Good job Lurie.

You bring in a power hungry lunatic, let him dismantle what was a pretty solid team and now you have no coach and no talent hardly!

Have to believe the Eagles hit the big red button now.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Only move Im truly pissed at him for was not resigning Maclin. He thought he would replace his production with Milies Austin and Agholor.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. I'm going to need some time to digest it but it's basically all over twitter now. All I can say is that I'm upset and I didn't think he'd work out in this league and I was proven wrong. He did a damn good job. ****.

It worked for awhile...a year. Teams figures it our and the team got worse.

The only problems I have with it is why now? Why not next Monday?

Sep 19, 2008
Chip completely blew up that roster but he deserves another year. ****. Pissed.

Rampant rumors that he's going back to college now.

Also agree why they're firing him now when they could fire him next week. Whatever.

Basically everything he did personnel wise backfired

- Cut DeSean Jackson for some reason, nobody knows why. Goes to Redskins and wins NFC East.
- Let Maclin go for some reason (drafting Aghulor helped but can't replace Maclin)
- Traded McCoy for some reason
- Signed Murray who totally doesn't fit that system or scheme
- Traded Foles and put in Bradford who was mediocre

I mean he just totally took a hatchet to that roster which was PRETTY DAMN GOOD

But that doesn't mean he should be fired, they came pretty close to winning the division. Call it a bad division if you must but I enjoyed Chip as coach. Whatever he's going back to college probably

RT @MattRHinton Also Kelly went 26–21 with a division title & two 10-win seasons in three years, do we have to hear about what a failure he was in the NFL?

Sep 19, 2008
Already rumors of Chip to Tennessee to reunite with Mariota. MAke it hapen.

RT @BryanDFischer Chip could get nice severance package, No. 1 overall pick and, of course, Mariota if he goes to Tennessee.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The lasting image with Skip is his last press conference after the game where the lights conveniently went out.

He's overrated. He knows his football I won't deny him that but let's not act like he is worth the hype and somebody who came in and outsmarted the NFL and was amazing by any stretch.

Where he lands I have no idea. Maybe college. No NFL team can be dumb enough to give him what he wants after this, can they?!

In the end the Eagles for worse in his tenure and he set them far back. They've got a lot of work to do.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Chip completely blew up that roster but he deserves another year. ****. Pissed.

Rampant rumors that he's going back to college now.

Also agree why they're firing him now when they could fire him next week. Whatever.

Teams figured him out. He never adjusted. His coaching this year was bad too. I even questioned his coaching ability last year in the middle of the season. So many penalties and the playcalling was atrocious.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't see why Titans would want anything to do with him

He already has proven he wants more power/control then simply coach and his offense will eventually wreck his defense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad