News Article: Each NHL teams LVP (Least Valuable Player)

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
http://alongtheboards.com/2015/04/all-30-each-nhl-teams-2014-15-lvp/

No one can really say why head coach Claude Julien continues to roll out Campbell night after night in key situations, often when the game is on the line, but he does. Campbell’s ice time usually hovers around the 12-minute mark these days, which is far too much for a guy who can best be described as a momentum sponge.

Campbell has an abysmal Corsi for of 41 percent, and his Corsi Rel is the 27th worst in the entire NHL. He’s never exactly lit the world on fire in terms of offense, but he’ll likely to end up with fewer points this season (lockout season aside) than he has since his sophomore year in 2006-07. Lucky for the Bruins, his $1.6 million cap hit comes off the books this summer.

I wonder if Felger wrote this:sarcasm:

OConnellsProtege

Nov 23, 2011
Doesn't surprise me. But my vote still would have went to Caron if he was still with us. At least Campbell was good at a few points in his career.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Jon DePalma was born in Denver and after just five years transplanted to Boston. Over the 25 years since moving, Boston has corrupted and transformed him into the cynical person he is today. When not consumed by hockey, Jon enjoys emotional eating, relinquishing control of the remote to his girlfriend during the summer and trying to become better at skating backwards. Though his day job may be building marketing databases, Jon aims to write insightful articles which makes readers form an opinion -- even if they may not agree with his. He joined the staff in April 2014.
Can't tell whether he is the author or not, but Jon DePalma is their Bruins beat writer. This isn't his day job, but that alone doesn't make him right or wrong. He has an opinion and a forum for providing it.

It may be that he's no more an authority on the Bruins' continued reliance on Campbell than anyone taking the time to read and post here. Given his credentials, I wouldn't lend any more credence to his opinion than anyone else's here on this board.

Kvartalnov_Fan

Stanley Cup Stupid!
Oct 18, 2002
Den of evil.Montreal
Visit site
I don't know man...The dude who wrote the article is a bit too demanding I find.

I understand why Evander Kane is on the poop list this year, but to say that he had only 22 points in 37 games and use that as proof of his ineptitude is strange to me.

Then again, I am a Bruins fan and our best players are usually putting up 65 points in 82 games so I guess I have low expectations in regards to offensive production.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The Campbell hate has reached ridiculous proportions...He was a great soldier and as much as I want him scratched, I think insulting him is a bit much. He does whatever the coach wants, and may not be a great player but tries atleast. Like I said Im no longer a fan, but he's taken more than enough IMO.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Campbell has his worth. Does he get played too much? Yeah. Way too much. But he's not useless. Crazy that people don't realize how many defensive zone faceoffs he wins. It's crucial. I agree with WBC.

Beaviz81

Mar 8, 2015
Popular consent say Campbell because he is a non-flashy boring player in my mind.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Campbell has his worth. Does he get played too much? Yeah. Way too much. But he's not useless. Crazy that people don't realize how many defensive zone faceoffs he wins. It's crucial. I agree with WBC.

Only 85 defensive faceoff wins... and 55 offensive faceoff wins. Perfect example of a replaceable player.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Only 85 defensive faceoff wins... and 55 offensive faceoff wins. Perfect example of a replaceable player.

I don't think I ever said anything about him replaceable. Of course he is. All I'm saying is he doesn't deserve all this hate. Campbell's a 4th line grinder who does his job. Nothing more, nothing less. I hate when Clode puts him out there as much as the next guy, but the hate he gets is crazy. His broken leg will live in Boston sports infamy forever. A defining moment in the Bruins franchise.

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
I don't hate Campbell but I do hate Claude for playing him. We have better options. Ferlin is absolutely a better choice and even Paille has more worth. Chris Kelly is a better version of Campbell; at best he's redundant and at worst he's a liability in our lineup.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Another example of Shawn. LOVE the person, but he's not a good hockey player any more. Sorry. Gotta move on. Our coach hasn't.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

245 defensive zone faceoffs this year, 57.1% winning percentage. He's been extremely valuable in that regard. Plus, he's the only guy on the team that is trustworthy on the left side. Soderberg and Spooner have been completely unreliable, especially as of late, and Kelly hasn't been all that great either.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'd say Reilly Smith, he's on my **** list this year. Campbell has his job, and he does it... it's not flashy, it's nothing spectacular, but for the most part he does it. Smith just does nothing.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I'd say Reilly Smith, he's on my **** list this year. Campbell has his job, and he does it... it's not flashy, it's nothing spectacular, but for the most part he does it. Smith just does nothing.

Smith reminds me a lot of Wheeler when he was here in Boston. Both in personality and playing style. To Wheeler's credit, he has become a really good player for Winnipeg..

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Bad article. Does the guy even know what "least valuable player" means?
I bet there's a less valuable player for the Blackhawks than Sharp and his 40 points.

I guess he means "most underachieving player".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad