EA Sports simulates 2018-19 NHL Season

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Pretty much every time a Toronto player is listed in a top 10,20,50 list we're told it's only because they're a Leaf and they need to cater to Toronto. We're not insecure we're just annoyed that apparently now that we have Matthews there is some grand conspiracy to rank him higher than he actually is.

It's strange how Kessel never benefited from this secret advantage in his rankings.
Since EA Sports headquarters is located in Vancouver I can see why they want to make sure they are trying to cater to Toronto. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Leafidelity

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
2018 Jets
2017 Preds
2016 Capitals
2015 Ducks
2014 Bruins
2013 Rangers
2012 Penguins

Yeah except ever since they've started doing these they have never been right.

Edit: and as a bonus they started publishing sim results when they simmed the Boston/Vancouver series and the result was a Vancouver win.

Looks pretty reliable for predicting a top-4 team though.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
They probably are.

EA puts so little effort into their sports games, it is embarrassing

Just checked it is actually a full five years old right now and obviously showing its age.

I suppose from a business standpoint, they don't have to. All they do is update rosters, maybe tweak minor features that most don't even care about or notice, and people keep buying the new version every year.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
The real crime here is the graphics.

25Eeu3I.png

Who the hell are these 4 players supposed to be? :biglaugh:

Reactions: Leafidelity

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
In 2017-18, they had the Lightning beating the Oilers in the Stanley Cup Final.
2017-18 NHL® SEASON SIM - NHL® 18

The year before that, they had Nashville defeating Montreal in the Cup Final.
NHL®17 | 2016-17 Season Simulation

In 2016, they had the Ducks beating the Canadiens.
NHL 16 Season Sim

2015, the sim had the Ducks beating the Rangers.
2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Sim

So there ya go, the EA Sports simulations suck.

Remember, those fools don't even bother to update player ratings. I'm sure Corey Perry is still rated in the high 80s, along with Ryan Kesler.
They do update the player ratings actually.

They just give a silly amount of weight to rating players based on reputation and legacy. Like they won't reduce player ratings of long time star players much until they're basically 4th liners.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
This video game was made in Vancouver.

So it is probably mostly vancouver fans in that office.
I recall The Hockey Guy from youtube commenting that he always has to reduce their ratings to make them more realistic in the games (he's a Vancouver fan)

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Yeah I'm not sure why they haven't switched to Frostbite yet which all the other games have swapped over to like Madden.

Development resources aren't free, and the footprint of this game is probably such that it's mostly die-hard hockey fans buying it anyway, and they would probably buy it if it still looked like NHL '94.

The real crime here is the graphics.

25Eeu3I.png

Who the hell are these 4 players supposed to be? :biglaugh:

The one in front is clearly Matthews. The other three are Just For Men models showing off different hair colors...

Reactions: Geecko

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
In 2017-18, they had the Lightning beating the Oilers in the Stanley Cup Final.
2017-18 NHL® SEASON SIM - NHL® 18

The year before that, they had Nashville defeating Montreal in the Cup Final.
NHL®17 | 2016-17 Season Simulation

In 2016, they had the Ducks beating the Canadiens.
NHL 16 Season Sim

2015, the sim had the Ducks beating the Rangers.
2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Sim

So there ya go, the EA Sports simulations suck.

Remember, those fools don't even bother to update player ratings. I'm sure Corey Perry is still rated in the high 80s, along with Ryan Kesler.

Yeah, but when they run the simulation after the playoff seedings are set in April, they are pretty good with the results. I believe they were spot on with the Sharks reaching the finals that one year.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Who do you think is implied by "with threads like these"?

Besides, which other post here would make a fanbase "disliked"?
That the contents of the thread demonstrate the point they speak of.

I don't personally think this one was that bad, but there have been tons of threads hijacked by insecure Leafs fans that refuse responsibility on the premise that boils down to "we didn't start it". Basically people having opinions they didn't like being an excuse for ruining any meaningful discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad