EA Sports NHL14- Seth Jones?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I am not really a big video gamer but my son is, and he was really looking forward to playing Seth Jones in the new NHL 14 (even read an EA press release promoting the fact that he would be included in the game)

We got the game today, and Seth is not on the Preds roster, and we have so far been unable to figure out how to update the rosters.

Any NHL 14 experts out there that know how to do this??

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
If your son has Xbox Live (the internet service that goes with Xbox), he can update the rosters and set them as the new default roster for free. It has Jones listed as a 77 Overall with huge levels of growth potential, and 77 OVR is pretty unheard of for 19 y/o's in the games.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
should be an update if you have a subscription to xbox live.

if it doesn't happen automatically go to the rosters screen and see if there is an update option there.

if all of the above doesn't work just go to rosters, player movement and move seth jones to the predators from the portland winterhawks. But the only thing is he probably has a better rating now that the season has been underway.

good luck.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
should be an update if you have a subscription to xbox live.

if it doesn't happen automatically go to the rosters screen and see if there is an update option there.

if all of the above doesn't work just go to rosters, player movement and move seth jones to the predators from the portland winterhawks. But the only thing is he probably has a better rating now that the season has been underway.

good luck.

Do you have to have the paid (Gold) xbox live?? We are on whatever the free version is- will that enable roster updates?

I went to roster management and found the "update rosters" and tried doing that- it did some kind of update, but when we went back into the game the Preds roster was the same (no Seth and still has Kostitsyn!)

So, still stumped- have not tried moving him from Portland, so I guess I will try that next.

Thanks for the help

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Do you have to have the paid (Gold) xbox live?? We are on whatever the free version is- will that enable roster updates?

I went to roster management and found the "update rosters" and tried doing that- it did some kind of update, but when we went back into the game the Preds roster was the same (no Seth and still has Kostitsyn!)

So, still stumped- have not tried moving him from Portland, so I guess I will try that next.

Thanks for the help

Are you trying to play GM mode? If you already have a saved GM mode the roster will stay the same as when you first started even if you have downloaded a roster update. So you can either delete your current save or just create a new one with rosters set to "Current" and it should be correct.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If your son has Xbox Live (the internet service that goes with Xbox), he can update the rosters and set them as the new default roster for free. It has Jones listed as a 77 Overall with huge levels of growth potential, and 77 OVR is pretty unheard of for 19 y/o's in the games.

Same with PS3 online I think

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I know with xbox if you do not go online to play it will not prompt you to download the roster update. You have to manually do it.

Jones is a beast in the game for sure. Year 1 he is a 77. Year 2 he is a 82-84. Year 3 he turns into a superstar at 88-90.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Are you trying to play GM mode? If you already have a saved GM mode the roster will stay the same as when you first started even if you have downloaded a roster update. So you can either delete your current save or just create a new one with rosters set to "Current" and it should be correct.

See, I don't even know what GM mode is- this is basically for my 9 year old- I just want him to be able to play with an updated Preds roster- whatever that takes......

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I know with xbox if you do not go online to play it will not prompt you to download the roster update. You have to manually do it.

Jones is a beast in the game for sure. Year 1 he is a 77. Year 2 he is a 82-84. Year 3 he turns into a superstar at 88-90.

I guess how to do it manually is what I am trying to figure out. I got to a point where it was asking me to create a login for an EA Origins account- is that online play? Is that what I need to do??????

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Was just giving my condolences about Kevfist when I saw this post. I'm a pretty big nhl14 fan, so I can tell you that you need to make an origin account. After this is done a screen should come up, prompting you to accept a roster update. If this still doesn't work, you will need a gold membership. Fortunately, many games come with a 48 hour card, so your son may already possess access to Gold. As for manually moving him, I don't think EA has him with Portland in this game, so the origin account is the only way to go. PM me if you need any more help.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Was just giving my condolences about Kevfist when I saw this post. I'm a pretty big nhl14 fan, so I can tell you that you need to make an origin account. After this is done a screen should come up, prompting you to accept a roster update. If this still doesn't work, you will need a gold membership. Fortunately, many games come with a 48 hour card, so your son may already possess access to Gold. As for manually moving him, I don't think EA has him with Portland in this game, so the origin account is the only way to go. PM me if you need any more help.

I have not tried the Origin account yet, so I will give that a shot.

But I can confirm that Seth is on the Portland roster in the game- I was able to move him from Portland to Nashville so he is on the Preds roster and we are able to play with him.

Still want the full roster update though, so I will try the Origin account thing next..

Thanks for the help........

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
^ya, it's nice to be updated. Though I'm way too young to be a parent, I'd try to do it without getting him Gold because 9 is probably a bit too young for xbox lol, some of the things people say on there :laugh:

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
On xbox once you are online and in the NHL 14 menus you go to customize->Roster Management->Download Rosters. Download the most recent update and you will be prompted to save it. Save it under the default roster (ROSTER1) and it will load automatically every time you start the game up. Hope this helps!

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
If it turns out that you do need a Gold account and you can't find any free 48 hour trials, let me know. I have a couple lying around that should still be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad