[EA/Respawn] Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Late 2019)

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Hate to say it but that trailer did nothing for me. Very underwhelming. Can't quite put my finger on it but seems kind of bland like Do Make Say Think says. Game just doesn't look "alive" yet and too dark or something. Like I said, can't quite put my finger on it. Doesn't seem very Star Wars to me.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
One day we will get the Jedi Private Investigator game I dream of. One day.

Heh, that's actually a good idea for a game.

I wouldn't mind another X-Wing/Tie Fighter game myself.

As for this game, even if it gets good reviews I probably wouldn't be in a rush to get it. I'll just wait for a sale. /shrug

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
No gameplay really killed the hype for me. I'm somewhat interested based in the story trailer but I need gameplay

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Things identifying that as a Star Wars thing: a Stormtrooper, one of Greivous' bodyguard's weapons, "the Force" and the music at the end

Everything else is what I imagine Mass Effect games look like, having never played one. Also I liked the wall-running bit, because that's what Respawn games have in them.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
No gameplay really killed the hype for me. I'm somewhat interested based in the story trailer but I need gameplay

Yeah the story seems interesting, but the gameplay should be what sells this game. I really want a good standalone Jedi game.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
when a major selling point of your game is "no microtransactions" smh
Instead we'll just be charged for "DLC" that's really just shit that was complete when the game launched but they chose to cut it out and sell it separately. Yay! Praise EA!

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
It does look a little generic, but at this point I'll take a generic story as long as it is done well.

Am I damaged?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It does look a little generic, but at this point I'll take a generic story as long as it is done well.

Am I damaged?

No, you just know that gameplay trumps all.

The trailer feeling bland is a marketing issue: this was supposed to get us excited and it did not work for a lot of people.

Unfortunately, it sounds like Respawn lost some senior level employees who went back to Infinity Ward in early-to-mid 2018. Hopefully the new blood will prove up to the task.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Whats the story? We know he doesnt take down the Empire. Is this gonna be some dumb Rouge One style story? Dark but uninteresting story where these brand new characters were actually responsible this whole time for some important OT event?

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Happily underwhelmed. My only hope for this game is full customization, down to constructing our own lightsaber, and not this extremely generic padawan. If it takes place immediately after Order 66, does that mean this character probably dies from one of the Inquisitors, or perhaps Vader himself? I see no possible outcome where the padawan survives unless he goes into hermit hiding/exile like Obi Wan and Yoda.

Either way I’m kind of hoping it flops hard so Mickey can take action against EA’s exclusive rights to SW games. EA killed the open world game by Visceral, they won’t let BioWare work on KOTOR 3...

BioWare, once a proud Canadian game developing company that gave us Dragon Age, The Old Republic, KOTOR I & II, Mass Effect 1 & 2, etc... EA is so clueless and out of touch with anything they don’t deem a massive profit. I’m surprised this SW game has no microtransactions, not even ones to let us buy kyber crystals or different races to play as.

Reactions: Juve

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Really depends on the story. Good single player games are generally because of the writing. I love the idea of a game like this, with no micro transactions too; but we'll see how it turns out.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Happily underwhelmed. My only hope for this game is full customization, down to constructing our own lightsaber, and not this extremely generic padawan. If it takes place immediately after Order 66, does that mean this character probably dies from one of the Inquisitors, or perhaps Vader himself? I see no possible outcome where the padawan survives unless he goes into hermit hiding/exile like Obi Wan and Yoda.

Either way I’m kind of hoping it flops hard so Mickey can take action against EA’s exclusive rights to SW games. EA killed the open world game by Visceral, they won’t let BioWare work on KOTOR 3...

I doubt we get anything like that. It sounds like a single player action game in the vein of God of War (we can only hope it's that good).

I'm as big a fan of the KOTOR series as the next nerd, but at the rate BioWare has been going lately I don't want them to touch KOTOR 3....as sad as that may be.

Reactions: Juve

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

BioWare, once a proud Canadian game developing company that gave us Dragon Age, The Old Republic, KOTOR I & II, Mass Effect 1 & 2, etc... EA is so clueless and out of touch with anything they don’t deem a massive profit. I’m surprised this SW game has no microtransactions, not even ones to let us buy kyber crystals or different races to play as.

EA is a terrible steward but Bioware has been terrible for a long, long time. Their last truly good game was in 2009 excluding Mass Effect 2 and 3.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

If it flops EA will just take that as justification that single player games don't sell and everything needs to be multiplayer/"live-service".

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
If it flops EA will just take that as justification that single player games don't sell and everything needs to be multiplayer/"live-service".

They've already made that conclusion.

I'm hoping they one day come to the conclusion that both can exist simultaneously.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I doubt we get anything like that. It sounds like a single player action game in the vein of God of War (we can only hope it's that good).

I'm as big a fan of the KOTOR series as the next nerd, but at the rate BioWare has been going lately I don't want them to touch KOTOR 3....as sad as that may be.

Wasnt 1313 supposed to be a Star Wars underworld God of War game?

1313 and the Darth Maul game both looked to be good before cancelled

Reactions: Hivemind

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Wasnt 1313 supposed to be a Star Wars underworld God of War game?

1313 and the Darth Maul game both looked to be good before cancelled

I think so, but who even knows anymore?

EA has cancelled so many of these things I won't believe it until I see it. :laugh:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm ridiculously excited. Between this and The Outer Worlds is looks like 2019 might the year I finally get back into gaming. Last new game I played was ME:A and after the DLC was cancelled I have been just replaying games. Can't wait.

Was reading up and apparently someone has picked up 1313 and is moving forward with it as an independent game with permission from Lucasfilm (albeit dropping the Star Wars from the title). If anything comes of that it would be many years down the road, but that'd be cool. After how excited I was for 1313 I've learned to not get excited anymore with games until at least a release date is set.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Trailer got me hyped, but I also enjoyed Battlefront 2's single player immensely. I'm a sucker for a good Star Wars story set in the movie eras.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
EA is a terrible steward but Bioware has been terrible for a long, long time. Their last truly good game was in 2009 excluding Mass Effect 2 and 3.
To be fair EA rushed out so many incomplete games effectively ruining the franchises. BioWare is ruled under EA’s iron fist. Dragon Age II, ME3 and Andromeda are perfect examples of EA rushing incomplete BioWare games.

I haven’t played Anthem, I can only give my personal opinion on it from what I’ve seen, which is a discarded Mass Effect x Destiny crossover. I hope it was a f*** you to EA for rushing out and ruining so much potential BioWare once had.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015

I think if BioWare was given their requested time with no interference from EA to actually work on it it’d have potential. That’s not happening though. I can’t remember the last time EA released a complete game. They get away with rushing games and handing out turds because they hardly have any competition. Right now TOR’s Jedi Knight storyline is probably the closest we get to KOTOR 3 :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad