[EA/Respawn] Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Late 2019)

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Star Wars and EA Star Wars twitter accounts both shared a teaser for the new Star Wars game slated for release later this year.

Full reveal Saturday April 13th 1:30PM CDT.

Supposedly game set after the events of the prequels and you play as a Jedi fleeing the new galactic empire.

Made by Respawn (Titanfall, Apex: Legends).

Fingers crossed that this is a single player RPG without EA lootboxes or "games as a service" models.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
If this is good it could go a long way to building some good will among potential fans.

But with EA, that is a massive, extremely, humongous big "IF".

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Cautiously optimistic. Respawn has made games I don't care for but that people seem to have in high esteem, especially Titanfall 2's campaign.

A good Star Wars game would get people pumped for Episode IX.

I loved VIII and can't say I'm that excited for IX. Hopefully once we see a trailer, that will change.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
This is probably why Respawn hasn't done shit for Apex Legends... Pretty sure with their complete lack of support only 2 months after releasing a huge hit out of nowhere that they have one person working on the game at this point and he's too busy posting on Twitter how many players are in the game than fixing shit.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
If this is good it could go a long way to building some good will among potential fans.

But with EA, that is a massive, extremely, humongous big "IF".

At this point it's a non-existent "if". They haven't delivered on anything in the last 5 years or more to think it'd be otherwise.

Set your expectations at a $79.99 game that's basically a mobile game on your TV. Pay for upgrades and DLC. Or wait for their $9.99 complete edition 9 months later.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This is probably why Respawn hasn't done **** for Apex Legends... Pretty sure with their complete lack of support only 2 months after releasing a huge hit out of nowhere that they have one person working on the game at this point and he's too busy posting on Twitter how many players are in the game than fixing ****.

Gamers are pretty fickle. If something more interesting comes along that loyalty can disappear.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This is probably why Respawn hasn't done **** for Apex Legends... Pretty sure with their complete lack of support only 2 months after releasing a huge hit out of nowhere that they have one person working on the game at this point and he's too busy posting on Twitter how many players are in the game than fixing ****.

That and they also likely didn't anticipate the game being such a hit.

We already know EA doesn't think highly of Respawn, I doubt they are getting support from EA because all EA does is put money into Fifa and other online scams.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I love AL but this is funny and sadly there is probably some truth to it.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Gamers are pretty fickle. If something more interesting comes along that loyalty can disappear.
It's just poor business practice though. Ubisoft didn't give a shit about Rainbow Six and left a lot of the issues unfixed for well over a year and even now, the netcode is still garbage. Even if the game gets fixed a year later, with no immediate support, gamers lose faith in your company and don't want to give you another chance.

I'm surprised Respawn even has fans like they do anyway. People have been ranting and raving about how great they are (not necessarily here, but on Reddit and elsewhere) but they've released like 4 patches in the 2 months that Apex has been out. There are early access games being made by one guy that has more support than Apex being managed by one of the biggest companies in the world.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
CONFIRMED: Game will be single player only. No multiplayer, story driven game.

Also, No microtransactions!

Full reveal tomorrow at 1:30pm Central

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
CONFIRMED: Game will be single player only. No multiplayer, story driven game.

Also, No microtransactions!

Full reveal tomorrow at 1:30pm Central
Holy shit

A single player star wars game with no microtransactions?

That would be based.

Hopefully that’s actually what the final product is. Lord knows what could happen between know and release day.

Reactions: HerpaDerp

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Trying to not get my hopes up for this.

Really excited for a good single player star wars game. I grew up on Dark Forces: Jedi Knight, KOTOR, and the Xwing/Tie Fighter games. Its time for something new (and good)

Reactions: Bocephus86

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah lots of people are tweeting it. They said all this at the SW celebration. Vince from Respawn (Yes the brain behind Titanfall and Apex Legends) said it.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Given how EA royally botched the releases of Battlefront 2 and Anthem. I’m taking a hard pass on all things EA.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
15th November is the release apparently, from some promotional material at the event

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Pretty sure Disney got involved and told EA not to have microtransactions. EA so far has botched the Star Wars name and cost Disney quite a bit of potential revenue.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Pretty sure Disney got involved and told EA not to have microtransactions. EA so far has botched the Star Wars name and cost Disney quite a bit of potential revenue.

Yeah I mean how long have they had exclusive rights to Star Wars now, 4-5 years? And all they've got to show for it is two Battlefront games? That's extremely underwhelming.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That looked bland as hell but there seems to be an emphasis on using the environment with Force powers which is nice. Hard to make an intriguing story trailer when the set up is so generic.

The real question is how lightsabre combat will work.

One day we will get the Jedi Private Investigator game I dream of. One day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->