Tribute EA NHL Soundtrack Bracket | Round 2, Group A1

Vote for the better song in EACH of the four pairs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The entire concept of The Fallout Boys is so dumb and I will vote against that song simply because of its title.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I still haven’t heard the one song I most identify with the NHL games. I can’t even remember what it’s called, it was probably just one of the years where I played the most.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The entire concept of The Fallout Boys is so dumb and I will vote against that song simply because of its title.
I wouldn't contest this if you didn't just post some piping hot diarrhea in the lounge.

Supposedly the original title was My Name Is David Ruffin and These Are the Temptations. Which I'm sure only makes things worse, if anything. Of course, stupid long song titles are a staple in the emo scene, as exhibited by Brand New just above.

Also by the way, showcasing an MTV classic, a music video where it's momentarily unclear which character is alive.
I still haven’t heard the one song I most identify with the NHL games. I can’t even remember what it’s called, it was probably just one of the years where I played the most.
All I'll say is plenty of songs are still coming up.

Last edited:

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Does anyone really like NHL soundtracks?

They might have a few good songs at best, most of the time even that is too much to ask.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Incidentally, are we going to see a Yellowcard tune shuffled in here at some point? Surely THAT band caught EA's ear...
They did catch EA's ear, but never for an NHL game. We had Burnout 3 round earlier, and that game had em. They also had a song in a Madden game that I had. And a quick search tells me that's not all.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Brand New - The Quiet Things That No-One Ever Knows: This mob seem like something I would have liked if they'd been a video game I'd played in my adolescence. Sadly I first came across them in Burnout Paradise when I was 19, so too late. At least I didn't have to deal with a singer in a band I like (and they're a band people really really like, seemingly) being a nonce. Not quite sure why I never had a video game with a picture of Joe Sakic on it.
Bayside - The Walking Wounded: Oh Jesus, this beat something else in the last round, didn't it? That's why I recognise the title. Awful.

The Black Keys - Just Got to Be: Around 2011/12 or whenever it was when this mob were suddenly relevant with that Gold on the Ceiling song I remember a friend recommending them to me. I thought them beyond dreary then, and I'm not finishing listening to this now either.
Bowling for Soup - Punk Rock 101: At least it's not as insipid as the other one. It has a sense of humour and some self-awareness. The strength of the lyric about Bon Jovi will carry it far for me.

Modern Day Zero - Down: 26 seconds in and even if it wasn't up against something as dull as it is, it would be getting my vote. Clearly I missed out in more ways than one by not having 2004.
Deftones - Minerva: It's not become any more profound since I last heard it. Look at the singer's beard. No.

Fall Out Boy - Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued: I put this album on a week or so ago when these polls made me thing about the songs that were going to come up. It holds up - just. If it makes seph feel any better, the little info box that came up telling you the song had the title as "Our Lawyer Told Us...". I think I remember having to listen to it a few times to figure out where he sang that line.
Avenged Sevenfold - Chapter Four: Similarly to the Black Keys, when the girls in my year at school who had interesting hairstyles and wore eyeliner went on about this mob all the time I thought it prudent to give them a try. They weren't boring, but they were so distasteful they went off immediately. The only song of theirs I remember from a game was Bat Country which was about as horrendous as I expected, so you can chalk up a vote against that right now if you want.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Brand New - The Quiet Things That No-One Ever Knows: This mob seem like something I would have liked if they'd been a video game I'd played in my adolescence. Sadly I first came across them in Burnout Paradise when I was 19, so too late. At least I didn't have to deal with a singer in a band I like (and they're a band people really really like, seemingly) being a nonce. Not quite sure why I never had a video game with a picture of Joe Sakic on it.
Bayside - The Walking Wounded: Oh Jesus, this beat something else in the last round, didn't it? That's why I recognise the title. Awful.

The Black Keys - Just Got to Be: Around 2011/12 or whenever it was when this mob were suddenly relevant with that Gold on the Ceiling song I remember a friend recommending them to me. I thought them beyond dreary then, and I'm not finishing listening to this now either.
Bowling for Soup - Punk Rock 101: At least it's not as insipid as the other one. It has a sense of humour and some self-awareness. The strength of the lyric about Bon Jovi will carry it far for me.

Modern Day Zero - Down: 26 seconds in and even if it wasn't up against something as dull as it is, it would be getting my vote. Clearly I missed out in more ways than one by not having 2004.
Deftones - Minerva: It's not become any more profound since I last heard it. Look at the singer's beard. No.

Fall Out Boy - Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued: I put this album on a week or so ago when these polls made me thing about the songs that were going to come up. It holds up - just. If it makes seph feel any better, the little info box that came up telling you the song had the title as "Our Lawyer Told Us...". I think I remember having to listen to it a few times to figure out where he sang that line.
Avenged Sevenfold - Chapter Four: Similarly to the Black Keys, when the girls in my year at school who had interesting hairstyles and wore eyeliner went on about this mob all the time I thought it prudent to give them a try. They weren't boring, but they were so distasteful they went off immediately. The only song of theirs I remember from a game was Bat Country which was about as horrendous as I expected, so you can chalk up a vote against that right now if you want.
Dealing with Jesse Lacey's music has been complicated.
Clearly I missed out in more ways than one by not having 2004.
100%

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
There's a tie between Modern Day Zero and Deftones. The poll closes in a little bit, but someone who hasn't voted can just come in and advance one of the songs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad