Tribute EA NHL Soundtrack Bracket | Preliminary Group B4 | Now with 50% More Emo

Vote for the better song in EACH of the four pairs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Last prelims? Are there songs that were immune to these votes that will be coming in later?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Default - Slow Me Down: This was enjoyable. The singer sounds like he moonlights in New Jersey's 4th most popular Pearl Jam tribute band, 'Mookie and the Blowfish.'
Goodnight Nurse - My Only: Belter. Sounds like a bad rip-off of Three Cheers-era My Chemical Romance, but still a belter.

Papa Roach - Not Listening: Verses no, chorus yes.
Millencolin - Done is Done: Slightly less dreary than I remember it being, but the weird jingling in the background and what seems to be a violin in the background. Yellowcard shouldn't be that influential. I didn't know the band were Swedish, or as old as they are. It's a wash here really, but the violin swings it for me.

Quietdrive - Rise From the Ashes: OH. I remember this. The video is the most painfully 2007 thing ever. Oh, I love it so much. Wikipedia alleges the singer's name is Kevin Truckenmiller.
Blindside - Pitiful: Ahahaha the video for this is the worst one yet. The Fred Perry tracksuit on the drums wins it. Seems this was in 2003 but I don't think I remember it. Not bad, but can't win here.

Hazen Street - Fool the World: I am contractually disobliged to vote for anything associated with Chad Gilbert. Especially when it was filmed with a calculator and uploaded to the internet using a potato for a modem.
Johnossi - Execution Song: This was on 09, but if I'd heard this song right now in any context besides this I would never have been able to tell you that's where I knew it from.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Ah, I knew they were old because they were in THPS2, but I was unaware Millencolin is Swedish. Unlike Johnossi, who could only be more obviously Swedish if they had Swedish vocals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad