Tribute EA NHL Soundtrack Bracket 9000 | Preliminary Group B3 | "B3" Stands for Burnout 3

Vote for the better song in EACH of the four pairs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Priestess - Talk to Her: I remember this. Priestess had a song in Guitar Hero 3 as well I'm sure, it seemed like they were really breaking into the mainstream. Seems like their record label f***ed them and they fizzled out. Shame. Also would never have pictured the singer as a fat ginger guy.
Sugarcult - Memory: This is more tolerable than the pop punk usually featured in... er, Burnout games, but it can't beat a song I like from a game I had.

Ash - Orpheus: The only reason I am aware of this band is because of a girl I knew in a previous life who had the same name as them.
The F-Ups - Lazy Generation: What's happened here is some man-children who're closer to being men than you'd like them to be think the world starts with Nimrod by Green Day and ends with American Idiot by Green Day and made some music. Are you sure you're still on NHL games here? You can't know how boring I find this to have voted for the other one.

Letter Kills - Radio Up: How is there a market for so many of these bands that are all the same and all equally terrible?
The Elms - The Shake: I recognise this, oh jesus how could I ever forget this. Imagine the Fratellis but somehow... lacking? After looking it up, this was 09. I think this is mildly less irritating than the chorus in the other one.

Coheed and Cambria - The Running Free: While listening to the two previous songs I looked Coheed and Cambria up on Wikipedia and discovered the band's lore. It's so funny I'm going to vote for them regardless of what the other song sounds like. Also this was one of the better efforts from 09. This might be a decent song if it had no vocals. Also after listening to this one I'm pretty sure 09 censored this song, he just said 'hell' in a way I don't remember ever hearing. Why even put songs in soundtracks like this when you're going to cut out bits as innocuous as that? FIFA 11 had Rules Don't Stop by We Are Scientists in it, a 2:30 long song and it was censored twice. Can't say damn, can't say "you and I are down on the floor," why f***ing bother?
Celldweller - Stay With Me: This isn't that bad, but my hands are tied.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The F-Ups - Lazy Generation: What's happened here is some man-children who're closer to being men than you'd like them to be think the world starts with Nimrod by Green Day and ends with American Idiot by Green Day and made some music. Are you sure you're still on NHL games here? You can't know how boring I find this to have voted for the other one.
Man, I really hate this song. And I usually kinda like pop punk, but here's why. I remember when well... let's be honest, Burnout 3 is what I remember this song from... when Burnout 3 came out and my friend and I quite enjoyed this song as 10-year-olds. So then later as an adult I was on Youtube and I thought "oh I remember this song from Burnout", and I listened to it and it was just utter shit. How dull do you have to be to make a pop punk song that's notably boring even among other pop punk songs?

That said by the way, if somebody voting remembers this song from their childhood or youth and still kinda liked it, I get that too.
Letter Kills - Radio Up: How is there a market for so many of these bands that are all the same and all equally terrible?
Now after shitting on one vanilla pop punk song, I'll tell you since I like this one. They're so easy to digest. It's like you're not even listening to music. Still, I'm surprised Sugarcult didn't get it quite this bad from you.

This might be a decent song if it had no vocals.
I knew the weird vocalist was going to cost votes here. Also, a direct attack at fans of the heavier songs here to seed these two against each other.
Also after listening to this one I'm pretty sure 09 censored this song, he just said 'hell' in a way I don't remember ever hearing. Why even put songs in soundtracks like this when you're going to cut out bits as innocuous as that? FIFA 11 had Rules Don't Stop by We Are Scientists in it, a 2:30 long song and it was censored twice. Can't say damn, can't say "you and I are down on the floor," why f***ing bother?
Some of the censorship was hilarious. Words like "knife" and "barrel".

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It's funny how everyone complains about how the songs in the new NHL are so much worse than they used to be. Now that I've listened to a bunch of old ones they were so bad haha.
Pop punk's as boring as ever, you either like it or you never did.

Also, a bunch of the songs people remember are probably still in the chamber.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Pop punk's as boring as ever, you either like it or you never did.

Also, a bunch of the songs people remember are probably still in the chamber.
I mean I like pop punk but a lot of these songs are just bad. Not all of them, but a lot are worse than I had remembered.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I mean, really, popular music of any era is full of a lot of garbage. I'm a huge 80s nerd and any time over the weekend on SiriusXM they do a countdown of the Billboard charts of a certain week and year and it's about 90% garbage most of the time until you get near the top, and then it's the stuff you remember fondly. And even some of that is "Yikes...that song didn't age well." Taste is subjective, after all.

Usually it's one band that gets popular and then record companies all try to get acts that emulate that sound. It's obvious this is the era of Blink 182 and Linkin Park, with some Evanescence thrown in for good measure and if you liked that music, this stuff probably doesn't grate so much. I personally care very little for all three of those bands, so this shit (with some rare exceptions) just don't work for me.

Pop/Alternative seems to have veered back toward synth/80s-inspired stuff and away from all the choppy guitar work of the 90s and 00s, so I'm quite pleased. I imagine quite a few others aren't.

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I mean, really, popular music of any era is full of a lot of garbage. I'm a huge 80s nerd and any time over the weekend on SiriusXM they do a countdown of the Billboard charts of a certain week and year and it's about 90% garbage most of the time until you get near the top, and then it's the stuff you remember fondly. And even some of that is "Yikes...that song didn't age well." Taste is subjective, after all.

Usually it's one band that gets popular and then record companies all try to get acts that emulate that sound. It's obvious this is the era of Blink 182 and Linkin Park, with some Evanescence thrown in for good measure and if you liked that music, this stuff probably doesn't grate so much. I personally care very little for all three of those bands, so this shit (with some rare exceptions) just don't work for me.

Pop/Alternative seems to have veered back toward synth/80s-inspired stuff and away from all the choppy guitar work of the 90s and 00s, so I'm quite pleased. I imagine quite a few others aren't.
Any move away from nu-metal sounds is a move in the right direction now that I'm not 13.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad