GDT: EA NHL 20 #1 • "Rockstar" • Oilers vs. Flames • March 28 (TODAY) • 7 PM • YT

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
8-3 in real life, 8-3 in the game.

And Rittich pulled in both games LOL.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Was this just two random gamers, or was this an official EA simulation of how the season would be playing out?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I wish EA would put more money and effort into player models. Things like skating styles, body types, stuff like that.

Reactions: Cloned

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I wish EA would put more money and effort into player models. Things like skating styles, body types, stuff like that.
They should put money and effort in the series, period. It looks like crap compared to other kinds of games. There's no excuse for it considering how little there is to render. Sports games ought to be photorealistic by now. There's also little advancement year to year in the game engine, AI, quality of GM mode, etc.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
They should put money and effort in the series, period. It looks like crap compared to other kinds of games. There's no excuse for it considering how little there is to render. Sports games ought to be photorealistic by now. There's also little advancement year to year in the game engine, AI, quality of GM mode, etc.

If anyone wants a real fun GM hockey game, I would suggest Eastside Hockey Manager.

It's a super indepth, super addicting game.

But be warned, it's just being a GM, there's no playing. So, sorta niche.

Reactions: Aerrol

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
They realize the big money these days is through micro transactions, which is why the collecting card mode is so heavily marketed, or the eashl where you can purchase gear for your player.

im convinced they hold back obvious features every year so they can slowly implement them over the course of a few years and leave the majority of the game the same, but justify the new price tag with updated rosters and 1 new mechanic.

EA is the scum of the gaming world, and they’ve found a formula that works for these sports games. Realistically, they should only have to releases one game per console generation and just keep updating the roster, but where’s the money in that?

TDM94

Apr 29, 2015
They realize the big money these days is through micro transactions, which is why the collecting card mode is so heavily marketed, or the eashl where you can purchase gear for your player.

im convinced they hold back obvious features every year so they can slowly implement them over the course of a few years and leave the majority of the game the same, but justify the new price tag with updated rosters and 1 new mechanic.

EA is the scum of the gaming world, and they’ve found a formula that works for these sports games. Realistically, they should only have to releases one game per console generation and just keep updating the roster, but where’s the money in that?
I agree, Ea games are brutal for that reason. All they need to do is create one base game at 100$ and every year you're buying the update for 20 to 40$ which in turn should probably maybe get more people paying every year and maybe they come out just under there annual revenue..they probably lose alot more, but really it's just going in there pockets anyways and not back in the development of the game so they loss revenue factor is always a determining one if not the only thing that matters...I really dont know tho.

One thing I do know is Ea is brutal for putting out the same thing over and over again. One thing I dont get is how vastly different all franchises are. Madden, nhl, fifa and nba. Do these developers not get together and share ideas??? It's sad, but I still play them all. And not to mention there is so many little things they could have added to improve overall gameplay and game mmodes.but they dont.

Nhl is by far behind when it comes to ea sport games

Reactions: 3IR

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
2020 and still no frostbite engine. That tells you all you need to know. Haven't bought a game since NHL 18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad