OT: EA NHL 15 Player Ratings

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
Honestly, Sbisa should be about a 77. He's ****ing terrible.

And yeah, Kesler is too high. Sedins should still be higher than him.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I'm assuming we saw this on the same site, apparently its fake but I'm still pissed. At least they aren't taking anything out for 360/PS3

I've yet to see it refuted by anyone with all access. And for a lot of it EA has confirmed those things don't exist in the game as shipped. A player that doesn't play much or any online is best served seeing if they actually put out a meaningful patch prior to buying. In addition I'd imagine EA would be saying something to refute the claims given they are getting ripped to shreds but they aren't. I wouldn't expect some grand day one patch.

update: EA has said they will patch in the draft as part of the current updates they are working on. The response was in direct answer to a twitter comment on that not having a draft and not being able to sim to your next shift in Be a Player make the game pretty much unplayable or have little replay value. The EA response only dealt with the draft and ignored the be a player portion so I wouldn't expect that to change anythime soon. No word on release date of that patch or the other things the patch will contain which makes it seem like at this point there will not be a major day 1 patch. We typically know what a patch will do well before it is put out and we are now 4 days from release and there is literally zero information on what a day 1 patch contains or if one even exists.

Last edited:

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
That's brutal. I haven't really kept up to date with what is or is not included but if what you're saying is true, this may be the first year I just skip the game. I love Be a Pro and Be a GM but with those changes, I'm not so sure it's worth it.

How do you remove sim to the next shift? That's just pure stupidity.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
That's brutal. I haven't really kept up to date with what is or is not included but if what you're saying is true, this may be the first year I just skip the game. I love Be a Pro and Be a GM but with those changes, I'm not so sure it's worth it.

How do you remove sim to the next shift? That's just pure stupidity.

It sounds like the ultimate stoner game mode.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Bought it every year from NHLPA '93 for Snes but stopped after NHL 12. Played the 13 & 14 demos and couldn't believe how little the game had progressed. Just couldn't bring myself to shell out that much money for a roster update, even though it was the end of my collection.

This stripping of features for the next gen consoles is what has always been done, that way they get to reintroduce all the features they took away in future versions and sell them as new features.

I will give it 2-3 more seasons before I buy a next gen console (if I even buy one at all), by that time it should have all the features they took out.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
First one on next gen. Will sell like hot cakes.

I think they're going to patch EASHL in at some point.

Wrong. This game is terribad. There are no game modes. The ones that are in are stripped down.

FFS they even took out simulate to next shift in be a pro. You just go right onto your NHL team, no memorial cup or anything.

EASHL will not be in until NHL 16. This is how they will sell this game, by recycling NHL 15 with the game modes they took out.

The graphics look nice and the arenas look good (how often do you see them except for in between plays, but who isn't mashing A to get to the next play)

I can't believe it took them 2 years to make this game. I cancelled my preorder last night after playing my 6 hours on early access lol.

The game play isn't that much different from NHL 14. Online is still just people trying to get cross crease goals 24/7. Its so easy to score them why try anything else?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
EA has been notorious for stripping features than claiming to add 'new' content down the road. Unfortunately, so long as people continue to buy glorified roster updates for $60 bucks a pop. They are going to keep doing it. It's a shame 2K went under, not because I liked their version but it forced EA to be a little competitive.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
I wouldn't count on it selling. The EA All Access giving people a few hours of gameplay is resulting in the game being absolutely torched on message boards and many people cancelling pre-orders. This isn't the same step forward as the PS2/xbox --> PS3/360 versions were. They have also had an extra year to develop and it pales in comparison to what Fifa and Madden have done. For people's information this is what is not in the game for the next gen versions:

-No EASHL
-No OTP
-No NHL 94 Mode
-There are no offline seasons in HUT
-There are no tournaments in HUT
-You cannot play a friend in HUT
-No Winter Classic
-No GM Connected
-No Shootout
-No Live the Life
-No be a CHL Pro
-No be a NHL Pro
-Being drafted is now just a random assignment to a team, no way to influence when you are drafted
-You cannot draft players in Be A GM Mode
-No farm system in Be A GM Mode (essentially Be A GM is season mode with trades..well if they had a season mode)
-No fantasy draft in Be A GM Mode
-No be a Legend Mode
-No Season Mode
-No Tournament Mode
-No Playoff Mode
-No Battle For The Cup
-No Creation Zone/very limited creation zone
-No Edit Team
-No Edit Player
-No Customize AI
-No Build Your AI
-No Create A Play
-No Custom Music

They haven't said anything about patching in other modes. They've said that EASHL is important to them and they will be adding that in future iterations. They have specifically said they will be soliciting opinions from fans (even having a panel) to develop the game mode. I'd very much doubt it gets patched in based on the comments and if it does it'll be in the exact same form as the previous game. The same likely holds for all the other missing features, but again I fail to see a meaningful patch given they'd be adding 80% of the game back in with said patch.

Good thing I'm getting it on PS3! :nod:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Funnily enough, the slogan on the NHL15 commercials seem to be "it'll never feel the same"
Which is somewhat true, through gutting the majority of the entire game

I think EA is on the decline
They might have some good years in them left, and this might just be an off season for them, but we need to get rid of them
Maybe we can get a low draft pick for them
Pick up 2k off free agency

Last edited:

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
EA is a lot of things but really they operate very much like any large company. Those in charge are not likely to put forth the resources for a game that sells less than 1 million copies compared to ones that are selling in the millions. NHL 14 sold 440k for the 360 and less than that for the PS3. Compare that the to 10+ million of Fifa 14 copies sold for those two systems (add in another 3+ million for next gen consoles) and even Madden with limited global appeal sold over 5 mill on the 360/PS3.

It just isn't going to be a priority and we have the result.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Yeah, EA has little incentive to throw more resources into their NHL product. The other problem is that they insist on releasing a "new" game every season, of course there will be little difference one year to the next, especially when the dev teams are probably a fraction of what FIFA and Madden get.

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
EA overrates so many players in NHL. Booth is 82 and H. Sedin is 87. I think there is more then 5 points separating them lol.

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
Yeah, EA has little incentive to throw more resources into their NHL product. The other problem is that they insist on releasing a "new" game every season, of course there will be little difference one year to the next, especially when the dev teams are probably a fraction of what FIFA and Madden get.

FIFA is the best sports game by such a big margin it is hard to explain.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
ea badly, badly needs some competition for their nhl series because nhl 15 is basically the same as the first madden effort for the ps3/xbox 360...a gutted, bare bones experience where missing modes get added in as 'features' and even as dlc in future iterations

i mean i've had the ability to edit player information in sports games since the days of freaking baseball simulator 1.000 for the nes which was released 25 years ago, ie a quarter century ago

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
yeah.... nothing is getting patched in. They have some plans to patch in a weird fake version of OTP that will use NHL players only, without a proper lobby.

They've already moved on to working on NHL 16. What you get on launch day is the game, there will probably be one patch only, if it's in keeping with previous years.

Don't buy it. Also they don't put any serious work into the ratings. Most people working there think it's hilarious that fans take the ratings seriously.

There will be more than 1 patch (at least that has always been the case with all EA games). Problem is the patch will fix some (not really many) problems but introduce other bugs and issues so at the end of the day, there will still be a ton of bugs.

Its the way EA has been working on all their games for a while and realistically they just keep releasing them hoping to milk as much profit as possible. Problem is, with each game they release, they seem to be losing more and more fan base. Just look at Sims 4 release (last week) and how little attention there was to that. Actually with Sims 4, i think the biggest news was what EA tried to do for anti-pirate and how it hackers patched their anti-pirate within hours of release. :laugh:

NHL 15 focus will probably once again be HUT once they get around to it. I mean the last couple years, they even released "UE" for $10 more with code vouches for a few HUT packs. Those ratings might be more meaningful than the actual NHL 15 ratings since i believe last year, there were threads here trading the cards.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
FIFA is the best sports game by such a big margin it is hard to explain.

Easily explained. It has global appeal whereas the other sports games don't. As a result it sells a huge number of copies every year. It's a franchise that is worth giving a bigger budget for from a company perspective. In addition the last few iterations are the best selling ones ever. For NHL the 99 and 2000 games on ps and ps2 alone sold more than 13 and 14 did on all consoles. It's a franchise that has been in decline sales wise for about a decade. It's not going to see bigger budgets and resources until that changes. And you don't change that by playing the woe is me card which they do constantly.you do that by putting out a game worthy of being bought. Limited resources is not unique to the gaming industry. Most people deal with it everyday at work yet somehow we deliver completed projects that meet all the objectives on time and on budget.

There's a reason I've been playing fifa for the last number of years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad