E3 2018 - Conferences start June 9th - Full Schedule in Post #1

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Yeah, that was fairly disappointing as a Switch owner.
Agreed. I'm excited for Octopath and Wasteland 2. Slightly interested in the content for Xenoblade, but this was pretty disappointing overall, especially as someone who doesn't care even a little about Smash.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
“There was other stuff that we probably could have included in E3, but is probably a bit further out, and so we decided to really kind of keep the focus a little bit more on between now and early 2019, which I think you saw some hints of there with a couple of games,” Trinen told IGN.

“We want to show stuff when we think it’s ready to show. Obviously it’s not like we’ve stopped working on any of the things we talked about last year, that stuff’s all being worked on,” Trinen added. “We’ll just show stuff when we’re ready to show it and really, right now, the focus is on two big games in the form of Smash and Pokemon [Let’s Go Eevee and Let’s Go Pikachu].”
On why we didn't see Metroid Prime 4 and other things.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
While they did show off a ton of world premiere, there still wasn't anything from them that stuck out to me to where I should get their system over a Switch or a PS4 (which I own both of these).
100% agree (although it was cool to hear they're making a new battletoads) however with how slow the Sony confrence went on at times and how Nintnedo didn't show nearly enough new I feel they almsot win by default from just showing off a ton of new stuff

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
While they did show off a ton of world premiere, there still wasn't anything from them that stuck out to me to where I should get their system over a Switch or a PS4 (which I own both of these).
Yeah the only thing they showed at the Xbox conference I truly want is Cyberpunk and that's years away and will certainly be available on PS4 or PS5

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I am a huge Nintendo fanboy and am really excited for what is coming this year, but I have to agree it did feel underwhelming.

I think Switch will still sell like crazy with Pokemon, Smash Bros and Fortnite all being available this year, but yeah there wasn't a ton of new content here.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I still can't imagine caring any less about Smash, soooo the bulk of that direct was a waste of time. Will take more Xenoblade 2 and Fire Emblem, though.

Kinda expected, though; like everybody else, Nintendo's best stuff either came out last year or is still super early in development.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
that direct was a giant olive branch to the Melee community, and they might not be wrong to do it since so many internet folks were waiting on baited breath for the “top” Smash players takes on the announcements.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I still can't imagine caring any less about Smash, soooo the bulk of that direct was a waste of time. Will take more Xenoblade 2 and Fire Emblem, though.

Kinda expected, though; like everybody else, Nintendo's best stuff either came out last year or is still super early in development.
Yeah I'm sure the more exciting "other stuff" announcements will probably come in the fall. Hopefully some more Fire Emblem cause I'm absolutely in love with how Three Houses looks. Aside from the best visuals and combat to date, the tone and theme of the world seems to be reminiscent of that older medieval vibes of the series.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
that direct was a giant olive branch to the Melee community, and they might not be wrong to do it since so many internet folks were waiting on baited breath for the “top” Smash players takes on the announcements.

I doubt Melee players give a shit about anything other than an HD remake of Melee. My money would be on this game replacing Smash 4 competitively while Melee players keep playing Melee, because they hate everything else.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I seen a list that Nioh 2 is multiplatform.

Has that been confirmed anywhere?

The first one was published by Sony so I imagine they own the brand. It eventually came to Steam, though, so maybe 2 will launch on PS4 and PC.

Unless Koei is publishing it this time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->