Value of: E. Lindholm to Flyers

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
True, but this assumes the only option is to keep Lindholm or make a bad trade for a 30 year old who can walk in 1 year. I realize you and Negan don’t like Lindholm and that’s understandable, but I don’t think trading him for a 30 year old who is a Ufa in a year is a good move.

So what if it was a "sign and trade". If that sort of thing is even done anymore.

Do other teams stress as much as we do about pending UFAs not resigning here after playinf a year or two? I rember all the fretting over Duchene.

IvanProvorov

Apr 26, 2016
Simmonds and Laughton I would do... Lindholm could play 3C and shift to RW when/if Frost gets on the team. He’s very young as well.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
So what if it was a "sign and trade". If that sort of thing is even done anymore.

Do other teams stress as much as we do about pending UFAs not resigning here after playinf a year or two? I rember all the fretting over Duchene.

OK so let's assume he signs an extension. He's turning 30 and plays a style of game that has not aged well at all lately. See Ladd, Lucic, hell Backes, etc. Whose to say he isn't a declining 15 goal player in 2 years instead of the 30 goal player he used to be? That is now signed into his late 30s on a boat anchor contract. No thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad