Value of: E. Lindholm to Flyers

IvanProvorov

Apr 26, 2016
What would the ask be? Would something around Simmonds work? Flyers have two first round picks this year as well. I think Lindholm would be a great fit on the Flyers and they have the pieces to make it happen. Just not sure on his value....

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It depends on how his contract negotiations play out. If his ask is excessive, you can’t rule out Carolina looking for value if a hockey trade for an equivalent forward doesn’t present itself. The Flyers could be a player in that hypothetical.

If not, I think Philadelphia is a poor trading partner. A budget Carolina is not the team that’s going to give Simmonds that big UFA payday. Yeah, he could be flipped for a meh 1st and prospect at the deadline, but that’s a roundabout way of trading Lindholm for futures and that’s something Carolina shouldn’t do unless forced to.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What would the ask be? Would something around Simmonds work? Flyers have two first round picks this year as well. I think Lindholm would be a great fit on the Flyers and they have the pieces to make it happen. Just not sure on his value....

I highly doubt that if the Canes trade Lindholm, they are taking back a soon to be 30 year old who is a UFA in a year.

You say the Flyers have the pieces to make it work, what pieces would those be? I don't think the Canes are looking for mid-late 1st round picks for Lindholm. Canes aren't looking for defense.

I really don't think there is a good match here.

Rimanen

May 8, 2013
Lindblom scored 1,81 points per 60 minutes on even strength and 2,54 points per 60 minutes on power play. He would be an upgrade for Flyers middle six on even strength but if I would give up assets I would do it for someone that is bigger upgrade for our PP2, witch was really bad last season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Flyers have no need or interest in Lindholm.

Weird idea by OP.

Couturier and Patrick are 1-2 for the next 4 years minimum and longer if they extend Couturier. They have Morgan Frost nearly NHL ready to battle for 3C with other solid prospects like Mikhail Vorobyev.

The only Hurricane that makes sense for the Flyers is Jeff Skinner.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I’d rather keep Oskar Lindblom,

Oskar could end up being a 2 way force for the Flyers, just needs more experience.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
It would cost a young C, which I would not give up if I was the Flyers

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
So a 30 goal guy who plays tough for a 16 goal guy is dumb then, but yet you support trading a 30 goal guy (Skinner) for picks and whatever, IIRC.

If Simmons was in his mid 20s and signed for a few years it would be a different story, but trading Lindholm for a 30 year old signed for 1 year is short sighted and dumb. Simmons is a UFA in 1 year.

It has nothing to do with Skinner, it’s just about smart asset management

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
If Simmons was in his mid 20s and signed for a few years it would be a different story, but trading Lindholm for a 30 year old signed for 1 year is short sighted and dumb. Simmons is a UFA in 1 year.

It has nothing to do with Skinner, it’s just about smart asset management

At some point, doesn't it have to be about more than age/contact? Who would help us win more hockey games has to matter, too.

Reactions: Negan4Coach

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Lindholm for Carter Hart
Weird way to spell Hanifin... but idk. Carter Hart fills such a huge need for this team. He may be one of the most untouchable assets on this team.

Hanifin would get him, but I still think thats a deal the flyers wouldnt do solely for what Hart means to this team.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
At some point, doesn't it have to be about more than age/contact? Who would help us win more hockey games has to matter, too.
It matters if the player only happens to help win more hockey games (which is debateable even with Simmonds scoring more) for one more season then leaves or has to be overpaid in term and salary to be brought back which is a real concern with Simmonds.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

True, but this assumes the only option is to keep Lindholm or make a bad trade for a 30 year old who can walk in 1 year. I realize you and Negan don’t like Lindholm and that’s understandable, but I don’t think trading him for a 30 year old who is a Ufa in a year is a good move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->