E. Karlsson vs Tavares

E. Karlsson vs Tavares

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If you go by position it's Tavares because it's a lot harder to find elite #1 centres.
lol

there are tons of 70-80 point centers in the league.

theres only one Erik Karlsson, theres only one player who could have single-handily dragged a lottery caliber team to game 7 OT of the Eastern Conference Finals against the eventual Cup Champs

Toronto has never had a player as good as Karlsson and probably never will.

but sure John Tavares lmao

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Karlsson. He's arguably the best defenseman in the entire league. It's arguable whether Tavares is even the best center on his own team, let alone league-wide.

Reactions: Hopper15

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
lol

there are tons of 70 80 point centers in the league.

theres only one Erik Karlsson, theres only one player who could have dragged a lottery team to the ECF game 7 OT single handily.

Toronto has never had a player as good as Karlsson
Tavares was given early eligibility to be drafted into the OHL as a 14 year old, so he was going to be a special player long before he was drafted into the NHL.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I mean depends on the position the team is in each could be the better fit.

The only way I can think of to rate is compare them each to the best in the league in their position. As said above Karlsson has been the best and Tavares never has

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Tavares was given early eligibility to be drafted into the OHL as a 14 year old, so he was going to be a special player long before he was drafted into the NHL.

That’s neat, what awards has He won in the nhl?

Karlsson has been the best of his position, not once but twice.

It’s a pretty clear answer to who is the better player.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I mean depends on the position the team is in each could be the better fit.

The only way I can think of to rate is compare them each to the best in the league in their position. As said above Karlsson has been the best and Tavares never has

It doesn't depend on what position. Players of Karlssons ilk transcend that unless he is getting a player of equal caliber.

It's like wanting Doughty over McDavid because you already have Matthews. Dumb af

One set of players is clearly better at hockey.

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
This is one of those polls that should end up with 100% of votes for one option and be locked soon. Clearly Karlsson

vivalavili

Jan 8, 2016
Helsinki
Karlsson is in his own tier with basically only Burns and Doughty with him in it. Tavares is a great player and a wonderful face of a franchise but if you compare him to Karlsson you should take the "generational" offensive defenseman.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
As a Sens fan it's going to be hilarious watching these boards over the next year (or more). Most people in the East know just how good Karlsson is and they won't forget. The people in the West don't really get it, but they will soon, and when that time comes Karlsson is finally going to get the credit he deserves around here.

But my Leafs are still going to win the cup this year!

#MelnykOut

Nashology

Dec 21, 2006
Really? Tavares is a great player, but, Karlsson is a generational talent here.
Have to go with EK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad