E.J Hradek on 4 Quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Reported the same N.Y meeting as everyone else. Also spoke about the possibility that deal would get done, but they still wouldn't play this year, and just get everything ready for next year (doubtful).

Came out and said that that he's hear from a few sources in the Blackhawks organization that they absolutely do not want to play hockey this year.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Also spoke about the possibility that deal would get done said:
(doubtful)[/SIZE].

QUOTE]

No chance of this

they wouldnt get a deal done for next year with no linkage and u kno the players wont accept linkage at this time

PLus

the seasone would start March 1 enough time to save this seasone

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
John Flyers Fan said:
Reported the same N.Y meeting as everyone else. Also spoke about the possibility that deal would get done, but they still wouldn't play this year, and just get everything ready for next year (doubtful).

Came out and said that that he's hear from a few sources in the Blackhawks organization that they absolutely do not want to play hockey this year.

That the Hawks themselves don't want to play hockey? Why??

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:

Why doesn't that suprise me?

Wirtz, give it up already! :banghead: :madfire:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:

This might explain why the AHL Chicago team outdraws the NHL team...Wirtz has gotta be told...

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
John Flyers Fan said:

i would be happy with this

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
If that's true about Chicago I firmly beleive they just want to do whats best for them and not whats best for the game.

They'll survive, after all there is a 300 million dollar league lockout pool to draft from and given their depths of prospects they are on solid footing for the future.

If they can be kept them from folding then I don't see why they would object to hockey being played this season.

Sec of Partying Down

Mar 20, 2003
Moscow, Idaho
Visit site
In my opinion, it is vital for there to be hockey this year. I think the NHL can get on the right track with a shortened season and playoffs, but no season is devastating. And about the Blackhawk organization not wanting to play, :p:

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
John Flyers Fan said:
Not the Blackhawks players ... but Wirtz and company.

Isn't the reason you own a hockey team is to have that team play hockey. I hate that man and I don't even like the Hawks or anything.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Im wondering if it has anything to do with their record last year and their perceived shot at Crosby because of it.

Wirtz is probably having flashbacks to Denis Savard revitalizing a dormant franchise (which made him a TON of cash) and hoping that Crosby would do the same.

Of course Wirtz is so senile he probably thinkss its Bing Crosby.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Behn Wilson said:
Wirtz is probably having flashbacks to Denis Savard revitalizing a dormant franchise (which made him a TON of cash) and hoping that Crosby would do the same.

I don't see the Hawks finishin bottom 5 if there is a season.

Brown, Barnaby and Cullimore would not have been signed if that was the plan.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Behn Wilson said:
Im wondering if it has anything to do with their record last year and their perceived shot at Crosby because of it.

Of course Wirtz is so senile he probably thinkss its Bing Crosby.
:lol: BBBB Bing Crosby....too funny...

likea

Jul 9, 2004
F Chicago

Lemieux is helping these talks and Pittsburgh is behind Bettman, I am guessing most NHL teams will take this deal when it comes down

if you can't compete with a 45 million dollar cap in the NHL then you should fold

I'm a Pens fan and I think if you get CP within 15 million of every other team, we will be fine

esp when Pittsburgh gets its new arena....

with revenue sharing, if every team can get up to 32-34 million....with a 45 million cap and dollar for dollar luxury tax at 40 or 42...that should be fine

if owners want to pay that dollar for dollar cap....that could be 20 million for small market teams to split + revenue sharing...hopefully the NHL does not back of of the .5 cent drag on salaries at 34 million but change it to 36 or 37 million

that would create even more money

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
likea said:
F Chicago

Lemieux is helping these talks and Pittsburgh is behind Bettman, I am guessing most NHL teams will take this deal when it comes down

if you can't compete with a 45 million dollar cap in the NHL then you should fold

I'm a Pens fan and I think if you get CP within 15 million of every other team, we will be fine

esp when Pittsburgh gets its new arena....

with revenue sharing, if every team can get up to 32-34 million....with a 45 million cap and dollar for dollar luxury tax at 40 or 42...that should be fine

if owners want to pay that dollar for dollar cap....that could be 20 million for small market teams to split + revenue sharing...hopefully the NHL does not back of of the .5 cent drag on salaries at 34 million but change it to 36 or 37 million

that would create even more money

Don't want too create too much money, but I do agree that around $30 million to around $45 million is fine for top to bottom as far as salaries go. Every team should be competative if they make good decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad