Confirmed with Link: Dzingel to CBJ

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Which is exactly the reason I would trade him tomorrow. Get what you can for him, you may have to “spin” it in the media so as to “win” the trade but get what you can and move forward with winning pieces for a winning team

Okay Fred, but he's not signing with any team. So the other teams are in the same position we are vis a vis Panarin, looking at him and saying he isn't going to sign here. They're not willing to pay more than a small rental price for him.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Okay Fred, but he's not signing with any team. So the other teams are in the same position we are vis a vis Panarin, looking at him and saying he isn't going to sign here. They're not willing to pay more than a small rental price for him.

That is why I said get what you can.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
What if what you have is better than what you can get? GMJK has said time and again, any deal has to make sense both for now and the future. I doubt any deal comes forth that fits both, so I think they'll ride Panarin to the end.
I could have said that, but with the two trades Jarmo just made, I am fine with trading Bread for picks and a prospect, or whatever makes sense for Jarmo and the team. What you say is true, they may not get any deal that fits both, which is why Jarmo may have to spin it to the media. All that being said, it is going to be a fascinating 22 hours, no?

Reactions: CPTN71

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
It does seem like it's all about his lifestyle and having fun to him, not winning the Stanley Cup.
Maybe he does want to win a Cup and realizes this team is likely no better than 3rd or 4th best in the conference. It's funny how everyone here is an expert on what Panarin wants and why.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Duclair suiting up tonight for OTT.

he played friday night in Ottawa. Last night in columbus and tonight, again, in Ottawa.

wild.

Reactions: CPTN71

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Maybe he does want to win a Cup and realizes this team is likely no better than 3rd or 4th best in the conference. It's funny how everyone here is an expert on what Panarin wants and why.

So he’s gonna sign with the team that is 12th best in the conference for a better chance at the cup (Florida)?

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
So he’s gonna sign with the team that is 12th best in the conference for a better chance at the cup (Florida)?

As mentioned earlier - it is a question of what ranks in his mind as quality of life - I don't think winning the SC ranks as high on his needs list. Or his model girl friends needs list. Too bad. Whatever is driving Bobrosky's hold out seems to be different, but with the same result. We cannot change what our city is: find players that want to play here.

On the other hand trading Panarin/ Bob for prospects or trying to make the playoffs and do some damage there?? Unless the deal is a cannot say no - lets let it ride and go for it!

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
welcome to Ottawa, Anthony.. down 1-0 4 minutes into the game. woo

10dhbvo.jpg

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Then that is an epic smokescreen with all the talk about New York and Florida, Los Angeles and Chicago. I'd have trouble keeping track of the plot on that story.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
As mentioned earlier - it is a question of what ranks in his mind as quality of life - I don't think winning the SC ranks as high on his needs list. Or his model girl friends needs list. Too bad. Whatever is driving Bobrosky's hold out seems to be different, but with the same result. We cannot change what our city is: find players that want to play here.

On the other hand trading Panarin/ Bob for prospects or trying to make the playoffs and do some damage there?? Unless the deal is a cannot say no - lets let it ride and go for it!

Yeah that’s what I said earlier and why I doubt he cares about winning a Cup. He wants to play on a winning team, sure, but a Cup winner? Not in my eyes.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Duclair just had a couple very good shifts. He'll have a good start there for sure. The question is how he'll do after the post-trade adrenaline wears off.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Duclair just had a couple very good shifts. He'll have a good start there for sure. The question is how he'll do after the post-trade adrenaline wears off.

Yea he was good today! Hit the post, had a couple chances, good speed and hands.

I can see why he would make a coach mad though with him being more interested in going on breakaways than covering his man in the Dzone.

If he can iron that out, then he'll be a nice complimentary winger. Hopefully he understands he needs to take his chance and round up his game.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I can see why he would make a coach mad though with him being more interested in going on breakaways than covering his man in the Dzone.

I didn't notice that tonight, maybe I was away. Are you saying this just happened or that you can see the potential for it?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I didn't notice that tonight, maybe I was away. Are you saying this just happened or that you can see the potential for it?

I noticed him doing that twice tonight. While defending he entered the Dzone and Calgary was trying to set up the play, but instead of supporting in the Dzone/Dmen in getting the puck out the zone he was looping ready to take off for the Ozone. I mean Dzingel kinda did the same but I could see a coach getting mad.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I noticed him doing that twice tonight. While defending he entered the Dzone and Calgary was trying to set up the play, but instead of supporting in the Dzone/Dmen in getting the puck out the zone he was looping ready to take off for the Ozone. I mean Dzingel kinda did the same but I could see a coach getting mad.

I'm curious about Dzingel's approach then. It's not a rare tactic, of course, lots of scorers thrive off of flying the zone. It's just about whether guys have good timing about it. They should judge whether their teammates will have the space to launch the puck to the neutral zone or whether they'll need close support. Duclair would go at any hope of that the D could make a play.

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
I have to say it out loud... Kekalainen has a freaking big cojones to pull all this out... This team have a change to go for Stanley cup finals... But if they don´t, he will be most likely kicked out... Well done.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

Yea he was good today! Hit the post, had a couple chances, good speed and hands.

If he can iron that out, then he'll be a nice complimentary winger. Hopefully he understands he needs to take his chance and round up his game.

Think Ottawa's system fits him better or too early to tell? .... Or doesn't matter if you're constantly cheating towards the o-zone?

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
I have to say it out loud... Kekalainen has a freaking big cojones to pull all this out... This team have a change to go for Stanley cup finals... But if they don´t, he will be most likely kicked out... Well done.

Internally he may know that finishing out of the playoffs or even making the playoffs and exiting in round 1 will be the end of his tenure in Columbus. So trading away future picks doesn't mean anything to his short term survival so no reason not to go all in.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Internally he may know that finishing out of the playoffs or even making the playoffs and exiting in round 1 will be the end of his tenure in Columbus. So trading away future picks doesn't mean anything to his short term survival so no reason not to go all in.
Well if Jarmo operates in a vacuum without any supervision from JD than I would believe this.
But JD would never allow that to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad