Confirmed with Link: Dzingel to CBJ

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I don't like giving up two 2nds. But otherwise, okay, sure, I'm good. :D
I love this deal. What if Jarmo traded for Dzingel in order to:
1. Make it more likely to re-sign Duchene
2. Show Panarin the Jackets are serious about building a great team around him

I have to think Dzingel's OSU connection makes him much more likely to sign. Sens fans have posted that Duchene and Dzingel are good friends and have on-ice chemistry. If the Jackets can build a team that can go deep, Panarin might see a better future here. Also, Panarin posted something on Instagram that there is nobody here to get him the puck so he can shoot. With Duchene and PLD down the middle it may help address is concerns.

Now if the CBJ can just find a goalie when Bob walks.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I don't exactly know what to make of it, and some of the speculation seems to make sense but I think I will just wait and watch Jarmo do his thing. I have always admired his acumen and player evaluation, it is probably just best to say 4 UFA's.. well ok. Ultimately he knows the roster size and how many actual NHL forwards get to play for each team eh?

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Part of me thinks (right or wrong) that Panarin has a slight selfish streak and wants what he wants in his destination and the lifestyle he wants far above the will to win.
It's still his right and that's his business but I'm starting to doubt his desire to be a part of something special. Maybe I'm way off who knows. Younger guys today puzzle me...alot.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Part of me thinks (right or wrong) that Panarin has a slight selfish streak and wants what he wants in his destination and the lifestyle he wants far above the will to win.
It's still his right and that's his business but I'm starting to doubt his desire to be a part of something special. Maybe I'm way off who knows. Younger guys today puzzle me...alot.

You’re not far off at all. He wants beaches and models and expensive nightclubs and shopping at Gucci. In 8 years, he might be beyond tired of that lifestyle, but he wants it now. Even if that means playing in front of 8,000 fans. But I also seriously question his desire to win a Cup.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Are there any defensemen that's like Wennberg? Once showed promise. Signed a big contract and then went downhill? Someone tgat could get back on track with a change of scenery?

jack-johnson-2019-50.jpg

Wait. No. He went downhill THEN signed a big contract.

Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Dzingel-Duchene-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Jenner-Anderson
Dubinsky-Nash-Robinson?

Honestly not bad at all. It will be interesting to see what happens with Wennberg..

Why isn’t Wennberg a better option than Nash on 4th line?

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Also, we sent down Adam Clendening after the game and have zero healthy extra defenseman. To me, that either means Ryan Murray isn't as injured as we thought, or we have a trade in the works to acquire a defenseman.
Jackets don’t play until Tuesday, Cleveland has a game today.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I find it interesting duke played against San Jose with this trade. Must have been an interesting process where duke was not an expected player.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
You don't like Stenlund anymore? Obviously Heatherington and Collins were a whiff, but the last 4 years guys are still developing and looking promising.
..my feelings are irrelevant, is he in NHL? nope. :) I also like Peeke very much but his record in NHL doesn't exist.

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Could just be the number of days between CBJ games? Cleveland plays in between maybe and they want Clendening available? Or hes on a two-way and it’s a money thing? (And yeah I know I could look those things up...)

Not disputing it could be one of the two things you speculate, just that there might be other explanations.

Jackets don’t play until Tuesday, Cleveland has a game today.

It's possible this is the reason, but Cleveland isn't at all in the playoff race. So sending him down isn't for any real benefit to the Monsters (unless they have tons of injuries, for which I am not aware of). As far as keeping him sharp, I just don't think thats something thats necessary for a veteran. Especially since they're still going to be practicing. At the very least the roster move gives them flexibility going into tomorrow.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I think they could have signed Dzingel by now if they wanted to. They just don't want to tie up money in him if it impinges their flexibility in signing the high-end guys. So he probably won't be signed until the summer. I'm a little wary - Dzingel is going to expect long term at $5m or so, and he's not a particularly well established scorer. I know he has his fair share of scoring droughts.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think they could have signed Dzingel by now if they wanted to. They just don't want to tie up money in him if it impinges their flexibility in signing the high-end guys. So he probably won't be signed until the summer. I'm a little wary - Dzingel is going to expect long term at $5m or so, and he's not a particularly well established scorer. I know he has his fair share of scoring droughts.

Agreed. We should wait to see how he adjusts here before trying to sign.

However, Duchene contract talks should start immediately.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

I have to think Dzingel's OSU connection makes him much more likely to sign. Sens fans have posted that Duchene and Dzingel are good friends and have on-ice chemistry. If the Jackets can build a team that can go deep, Panarin might see a better future here. Also, Panarin posted something on Instagram that there is nobody here to get him the puck so he can shoot. With Duchene and PLD down the middle it may help address is concerns.

You have articulated my secret hope. If everybody signs? I’ll need smelling salts.

Reactions: Viqsi

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Late to the party but good luck going forward guys. Dzingel was a legit second line player in Ottawa or better.

I wish we retained him 5x5 easy :/

Dzingel Duchene and Stone are 45% of our goals this year lol you just nabbed 2 of the our 3 best players.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
It does seem like it's all about his lifestyle and having fun to him, not winning the Stanley Cup.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
You're kidding right? Jarmo must have said "protect the future" a least a dozen times when talking about the Russians. Every interview Davidson gives it's we are a draft and develop organization.

Look, I get living in the moment and I'm excited about these acquisitions, but I'm not interested in building a one hit wonder.

Anyhow -- welcome Dzingle.
Sorry, catching up. What have we been doing? I'd say drafting and developing. Look how many young players, home grown, are already in the lineup. PLD, Anderson, Jenner, Bjorkstrand, Werenski, Nutivaara, Savard, Murray, Kukan, Sedlak, Atkinson... Augmented with trades and now this deadline. They have followed the mantra. Nite it's time for the next level. The cupboard isn't bare and there is a chance to win. I love this and I'm a draft and develop guy. I'm just tired of paying a ton of money for little risk. This is calculated... this is awesome

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It does seem like it's all about his lifestyle and having fun to him, not winning the Stanley Cup.

Yeah watch Panarin sign with the rebuilding Rangers this summer. He's not leaving Columbus because of competitiveness issues.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC

Forget about Panarin. Lifestyle is more important and Columbus just isn't as exciting to him as some other cities.

Reactions: Fred Glover

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Forget about Panarin. Lifestyle is more important and Columbus just isn't as exciting to him as some other cities.
Which is exactly the reason I would trade him tomorrow. Get what you can for him, you may have to “spin” it in the media so as to “win” the trade but get what you can and move forward with winning pieces for a winning team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad